Lego Super Mario? (official title unknown)

Not necessarily forgotten, but something we wish we didn’t remember

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1238087435030007810?s=21

Well, now we have some explanations.

1 Like

Well, seems like LEGO games is back, but…with electrical parts? It’s just a strange idea. I’m pretty sure they knew how much the community wanted Mario minifigs, but…this? Dunno if these will actually sell,I guess they’ll be really expensive.

Another thing I’m amazed about is that it’s been like…two days and we are officially revealed and even shown a full-length video featuring the set/sets? What was their intention with this theme?

And now we have a full view of the figures. Personally I think the electrical components don’t fit, it buffs them up too much.

3 Likes

This is super weird… I don’t know how I feel about this line being so gimmicky…

For those who were excited about this line, you’d better keep your hopes down. From what this video showed us, those aren’t going to be traditional LEGO sets.

2 Likes

Agreed, the only one I like is Shy Guy. (but I’m biased)

Yeah… I dunno…

2 Likes

Why can’t they give us actual Mario minifigures? Why does this line have to be so gimmicky?

I didn’t see no dry bones. If it wasn’t for shy guy this would be a bust for me. It’s a weird concept for Legos but it might just work. I used to fill notebooks with drawings of Mario going on an adventure so maybe I would’ve liked this.

1 Like

With those weird Super Mario sets comming up, I am now 100% conviced that LEGO has entered in it’s 2nd experimantal era.

1 Like

We’ll just see how well these experiments work…

Guys, this may be of interest to you: Falcon Fan 1414 on Instagram: "Wow just wow. Follow @1414falconfan for more! #lego #legonintendo #legoinstagram #legomario #mario #nintendo #legominifigures #legominifigure #legominifigs" Falcon Fan 1414 on Instagram: "Big stand outs from @zusammengebaut interview with Mario designer! Follow @1414falconfan for more! #lego #legomario #legominifigures #legominifigs #legoinstagram #mario #nintendo #legos #legoland"

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

1 Like

Seems they’re targeting the younger side of the audience with these

Would’ve assumed that to really hit the full audience of the license they’d want to do a separate series of sets that focus more on being interesting builds based on Mario locations and stuff, but I guess we’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Mommy, why does Mario look like a refrigerator?

6 Likes

Because son

He is a refrigerator

See if we have any lunch meat left

4 Likes

They should bring the Toa back as refrigerators hopping around a Mata Nui island board.

5 Likes

And then have Makuta nuke that fridge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I liked them better as toothbrushes.

2 Likes

Whoo! Lego Nintendo baby! This is awesome! While I’ve never been a huge Mario fan, this opens up the door to so many possibilities.

Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Splatoon, and so much more! This is gonna be great!

2 Likes

There is a LoZ Ideas set… And Lego Minecraft got its start through Ideas.

Halo, Pokemon…

1 Like

Well neither of which are owned by Nintendo.

Wait seriously? That’s awesome! What is it?

1 Like

Well, clarification: One of the sets that is currently in the review phase is a LoZ set. If it gets approved (which seems more likely now) than there could be Lego LoZ set(s?)

1 Like