Lego Super Mario? (official title unknown)

Nice! So what is the set then? Could you post a link?

1 Like

Well I’m happy now. There’s a dry bones Lego.

1 Like

Now we just need a Kamek.

this theme makes me want to stop being an AFOL

everything about it is wrong and makes me upset. A licensed, gimmicky, overpriced theme based around an overhyped game series whose fans are the epitome of lowest common denominator consumer.

Pick up mario, turn him on, place him on top of tiles over and over in under a minute to get a high score. Tell me any kid will find that more appealing than playing an actual video game. Tell me you’ll spend $100 USD on this crap that doesn’t even have a minifig. Do you knowhow many freemium games you could play instead? How much a wii U and a copy of mario maker go for?

I’ve never felt more disconnected and alienated. Am I in the majority? The minority? Everyone of my friends thinks this is ridiculously stupid. Some people claim to really like it but… Do they?

If this is the stuff that’s popular while all my favorite themes continue to fail I think I need a new hobby. I’m clearly not the target demographic anymore.

4 Likes

Didn’t realize this existed. Huh. Especially with how passionately I feel about this.

I’m gonna be flat-out honest, and I know I will be against a great group of LEGO fans who may feel a bit hurt by this theme.

I LOVE this theme. I am a major Mario fan (take a close look at my profile picture), and it’s both a huge part of my childhood and I have some desire to buy nearly every set.

I could go into hours about these sets and how perfect each one is. At first, I was disappointed by the style. I wanted minifigures. I would love to see own a Bowser Jr. minifigure and randomly have him displayed with Thanos mech and Roadhog and Ehlek.

But I love where these are. I can’t imagine a minifigure Koopa Troopa that would look good, but this style’s version looks incredible. I know I’m not the target market. I’m an AFOL, I care more about designs and builds and appearances than playability, and I am not currently planning on buying the Starter Course (only because if they make a Luigi one I will buy that instead).

But I am very happy with what they’ve done here. It’s unique, it looks fun, and the Character Packs are some of my favorite sets in a long time Fuzzy for life. Bowser’s Castle is awesome, and some of the characters, namely Bowser and Whomp, are arguably minifigure-scale, and look really good nonetheless.

I love Mario, but I am a fan of the more obscure characters, too. Fuzzy, Buzzy Beetle, and Whomps are some of my favorite dudes, and wait- they’re all in sets! I’ve been made very happy for this, and I have high hopes for its future. Airship set with Koopalings, please, LEGO

The only game where Whomp and Podoboo/Lava Bubble appear in the same level is Super Mario Galaxy 2, my favorite video game of all time, confirmed SMG2 set

It’s another gimmick brick with a license this time. The function seems well thought out for the target audience. Definitely better than Dimensions and they missed their chance on another Amiibo. Not a bad thing though as there’s no obligation to get a game with it. This is more life to toys than toys to life. Maybe it would’ve worked as a board game knowing there’s plenty similar things like that already out there. All we need now is a Lego card game and a Luigi Mindstorm dealing cards (Mario DS Style).

2 Likes

The dark pink ball joints in Toadette’s hair are a really interesting recolor. Also, the mario hats could be fun npu parts. Propeller Mario’s hat is literally just a red dome in an odd size, so it’d be easy to integrate into mocs.

2 Likes