Let's Review Bionicle's Set Combiners

Wait, you’re planning on building all the combiner models? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

All of them. Even the god awful ones. Anybody could just ask if a combiner is worth building, and I could give an opinion on it.

Except the playset alt models. I am not doing them.

3 Likes

I had originally planned to get extras of those sets needed to build the combiner models,so that I could have the regular sets and the combiners built at the same time.

Then I realized how much that was going to hurt my wallet. So I decided against it (for now…).

Have you built any of the fan-made canon rahi like the Razor Whale or the Artakha Bull?
How about these Japanese Kabaya combiners? Brickshelf Gallery - Bionicle inspired in manga, created in asian Magazines of lego

2 Likes

I plan to do some of the fan made ones in the future, but they are not my current priority.

Same with the Kabaya models, although I already have the Rahkshi ones built.

That moment

When you realize that a 2007 Combiner unintentionally leaked the new 08 socket and nobody noticed.

21 Likes

Here is a set combiner of Mask maker vs. Skull Grinder and Skull Scorpio (sets 70794 and 70795) or as I like to call him, Ultimate Kulta.

It’s a really cool combo, IMO.

You can find and download the instructions on the Lego Bionicle website.

Notice: If you want to build the combiner set as it shows in the instructions you will need 5 extra pieces: 2 red pins, 2 of those half thick (3 piece long with two axial holes outside one round pin-hole) pieces, and 1 t-piece I don’t know the names, please stop my suffering…
Here is a picture of them.

Here are some pictures I took of the combiner I built.

back

right side

left side

What do you think of this Combiner?

5 Likes

Nah, its pretty gud actually.

1 Like

You actually get those five extra pieces from the mask stand in the MMvsSG set.

4 Likes

Does anyone here like the Zivon? From the combiners I’ve seen, I really like the Zivon. Might be because 2005 is my favorite Bionicle year

It isn’t the prettiest, but you have to give it credit for creating a Combiner with the Visorak. It is closely followed by the Bohrok Kal Ja

Keep in mind, I don’t know every combiner, just from what I’ve seen, these are some of my favorites

2 Likes

At first glance, the Zivon looks like a hot mess. But if you look past that, there some good concepts that were well excecuted, escpecially those giant pincers. Give it a better colour scheme, and it would look like well-rounded titan set.

3 Likes

Whoops… I may need to rethink a of set review video or two.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree. I saw on the Custom Bionicle Wiki, the guy who made the Hydros Chronicles made this, which reminds me of the Zivon. When you clean up the Zivon’s build, you really have a good set on your hands.

Also, did any else like Trimuna?

3 Likes

That combiner is so awesome. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Those horns are dumb.

5 Likes

that’s racist

Apparently his race(Which to my knowledge, haven’t been named) all have horns. From what I’ve seen, the Combiner is pretty solid

Overall, yes it does look solid. The dark red and blue are well placed and work surprisingly good together complemented by the silver and the bright red accents

Also, them shoulder cannons

8 Likes

He used horns before they were cool
cough SKULL BASHER cough

4 Likes

When Bohrok meets anime

17 Likes

I can’t believe this hasn’t been posted yet…

…I actually wanna regather all the parts of Axonn, Brutaka and Vezon and Fenrakk, so I can build this bad boy…

13 Likes