Let's Review Bionicle's Set Combiners

Looks alright…but the way the midsection attaches to the bottom is so awkward :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just a gaping hole in its stomach

3 Likes

Well what would happen to you if you were trapped at the bottom of a cave for ages after being thrown off the edge by 2 giants formed from 6 Toa? He’s had nothing to eat down there.

4 Likes

@TheEsquire Mary Mukau, Mary Mukau, We love you, Mary Mu
(Arthur joke)

Hands down, GARDUS is the greatest combiner ever. He’s built with some of the greatest sets, all of which use the av-matoran build, THE AV-MATORAN BUILD, THE GREATEST BUILD BIONICLE EVER CONSIEVED!!! He has a consistant color scheme, and the greatest function in any set I’ve seen. The pieces are highly durable and unlikely to break. There are too many points of articulation to count!!! Overall, 2010 was bionicle’s greatest year.
there was one more 2010 combiner,

as @Asriel mentioned, it is really difficult to build. I am perplexed by it’s complexity./s
Edited for Double Post.

Hey @YEE, please read our rules on posting more than once in a row, as we do not allow it when you are replying to multiple people: Rules on Double Posting. Thanks! - Waj

4 Likes

Exo Toa got rekt by the Bohrok Kal, so…

Time to build the Exo Raptor

And there it is!

All done and dusted (literally). It’s a pretty nice alternate model, I have to say, but it’s definitely not as cool as the Exo Toa.

I like its expressiveness, and how it fits really well with the 02 theme, having a Bohrok-looking head (the resemblance is pretty striking), an almost Boxor-like body, and the parts of an Exo Toa. One of its functions is the Technic competition shooter, which is placed in an oddly ambiguous position, and the other one is similar to the Exo Toa’s.

The Toa needs to be leaning back a lot, which is sort of distracting, and I prefer to have the Raptor with no Toa on it.

Overall a nice model, but nothing spectacular.

10 Likes

Trinuma and Zyglak are the only ones I have built, they’re both pretty mediocre but the Zyglak looks dope among the other titan sets. I’ve always liked the Visorak combiners, eventually I’ll spring for a few extras to keep the combiners in my collection.

3 Likes

Once Stud.io gets updated with more Bionicle parts, I plan on building some of these combiners and purchasing them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, I see, so you built the two combiners that are made with American-color canister sets? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So I’ve destroyed Cahdok and Gahdok to make this… thing.

The function works pretty well, but honestly the end result isn’t worth the effort to take the Bahrag apart.

9 Likes

Something about it makes it look so adorable. He kinda looks like a giant technic Mixel :stuck_out_tongue:

How does it work?

1 Like

Works almost exactly like the Bahrag’s function, but with less rubber bands :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

What is that thing?

1 Like

It’s a… Ehm… Uhhhhhhh…
… maybe it could be a… no maybe not…

AHAH! I got it: it’s a walking contraption made solely for the purpose of having a combiner in the set!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: nah it’s not that bad after all.

1 Like

It’s a giant HF jumper

2 Likes

I have to say, I’m really impressed with the Shadowed One. The torso build is incredibly innovative, the color scheme is dynamic yet doesn’t hurt your eyes, the head looks awesome, and the construction of the fingers and staff manages to creatively use different pieces to account for the lack of enough of certain pieces in the two component sets. Most of all, I like how they made full use of every possible detail, such as the black V-shaped pieces attached to his wrists to add just a bit more of an accent there. They really threw as many of those pieces on as they could, and it serves to make the set feel a lot more complete.

5 Likes

Man, I wish they kept making those…

2 Likes

Lower the neck. Please :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Rockho

y’know, those could just be its legs, and the feet could just be fused

It is confirmed to be a tail. Though, in practical terms, you have to treat it as a third foot, because it’s so heavy and can’t really move up or down, meaning that he has to sit on it or he falls over backward.

@Leoxandar Yeah, I did that after I took the pictures :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess none of us are going to mention the JtO Makuta combiner?

He’s got his own topic

2 Likes