Let's Talk About TTV Talks About Relationships!

The main reasons why so many male teens want to get into a “relationship” is so that they can either get intimate sexually (because hormone spikes are very powerful) or brag about with their friends (using her as a trophy).

People who have these as their main motivations to get a girl disgusts me.

6 Likes

Yeah, the vast majority of society disgusts me too.

2 Likes

Definitely some good advice, which is probably why i liked it so much. I’ll be taking it into account whenever I might need it. Can’t wait for part 2!

1 Like

I’m one of the small percentage of people who have never had a girlfriend before in my school, and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In fact I haven’t even given it that much thought. The’ll last about a week or a month at most, pointless really. The most I’ve had is a crush or two, but that is pretty much it.

And people who only see a girl as a trophy also disgust me.

Oh, and I’m socially inept, so that doesn’t help either. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Seriously? Only about 10-15 people in my 60-person group have ever been in a serious relationship. That’s not exactly an overwhelming percentage. Huh.

That a rather depressing conclusion.

4 Likes

@legomaster1378

I was referring to those people who only have a partner for their own reputation. They never last long.

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

“The key to Viper’s heart is murder”

poor Viper, a bunch of crazy fans might start killing people for her now

6 Likes

Oh hey, part two is out.

Get ready for some censorship along the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

In high school, right? Yeah, I didn’t get into anything serious at that point either. Though, I was desperate to get into a relationship because everyone else was doing it, so why couldn’t I? I tried to win a girl’s heart a while ago back in middle school, but that didn’t end well. (Pro-Tip: if you want to confess your feelings to a girl, don’t EVER pass notes saying so during class.)

In hindsight, I think it was a good idea I didn’t end up in a relationship until college so I at least grew a little wiser and knew what I wanted in a woman.

3 Likes

Did the teacher catch you and read it in front of the class? :laughing:

1 Like

Jeez
Tell your friend to grit his teeth, then slug him right in the face.

No guy should mope that long about a 1 month relationship

3 Likes

Oh no! That would’ve been even worse! o_o;

Nah, the note circulated around the classroom, and everyone was embarrassing me because they all read it. And then the girl I liked yelled at me to go away, then pointless Facebook drama, and then we stopped being friends for about a couple weeks.

1 Like

Jefferson Bethke. He made waves a couple years back with his radical video “Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus”. His vlog series he did with his wife Alyssa is available on his channel.

2 Likes

@sionisPhoenix

Yup, high school. You can’t really get a serious thing going on there I find.

I’ve never really felt pressured into having a girlfriend, so that could be why. And yes, generally, note passing will never work. Some girls I knew were reading texts out loud to other people that they got from people who fancied them. You could feel their embarrassment radiate across the school for days.

I’ll just stay out of it for now, avoid some big embarrassment. Gonna stick to being the lone wolf for some time, especially with a lot of coursework to get done.

2 Likes

And back to this topic since the second part came out.

Truth be told: I have never truly been interested in a girl. It has nothing to do with gender preference, it’s just that I live in a town filled with genepools.

You can probably see why I’ve never been interested in any girls for the 20 years i’ve been alive.

I completely agree that people need to sort out their own lives before even thinking about getting into a relationship. It’s not necessarily about the “distraction” factor, it’s just that people might not know what type of person they’re looking for. People change over time, and the younger people start dating, the more they will change (and the chances of them still being perfect matches for each other starts to decrease…)

And honestly, I think that people these days start dating too early. Although I’m 16 years old, I have no intention of dating for many years–not because of religion, or what my parents say (they actually encourage me to date); I just think that at such young ages, people are too immature and don’t know what they actually want. Basically, 95% of the relationships in my school are based on physical attraction.

/rant :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Clone_01354_Productions

Well said.

Seeing as this topic is actually about serious discussion, I’ll probably give this episode of Talks a listening tomorrow.

3 Likes

I feel like such a proud father right now.

10 Likes