Let's Talk About TTV Talks About Relationships!

I bet you do, Takuma-father :stuck_out_tongue: /s

But yes, you should be proud.

Now, for my rant.

2 years ago, there was a Valentine Dance coming, and I had a crush on someone. I told someone. You probably know where this went. For 2 years, I’ve held on to this crush, then I realized: My crush on her is futile. I went over it, and every now and then, people ask who I love, I say: “No one. There is no reason yet.”

To those who are holding on to love, it will not work out yet. Be patient. Wait 'til you’re bit older, more mature, more defined as a human, and try again. Coming from a 13 year old.

/rant-thing

2 Likes

There are 3 many dances 5 me. Especially at my age, in my area, where most people can’t date until 16, and pretty much no one gets too serious in a relationship until their twenties towards the end of college, and sometimes afterwards. I remember being your age, just one year ago, and there being a Valentine’s day dance. It was really awkward, because no one there was there to dance with anyone else, just to eat and run. It was pretty bad. I just wish that schools would stop pressuring us kids to get in relationships so early.
Rant over (for now)

2 Likes

[quote=“Overlord_Kapura, post:46, topic:9673, full:true”] I just wish that schools would stop pressuring us kids to get in relationships so early.
[/quote]

^This. This x1000.

I remember going to an elementary school dance, and a lot of kids were asking others to dance with them–this was their first experience with relationships, in fourth grade.

2 Likes

Now that’s messed up. I don’t really agree with most of the people in this thread. I think that 16/17 year olds are perfectly capable of having healthy relationships if they’re mature enough. However, 4th grade is ludicrous. Though I suppose it could be considered “puppy love”.

3 Likes

Something similar happened to me twice. Someone I knew learned that I liked someone, so he told everyone. And I also tend to write down things I think…

And that’s why I only write my thoughts in the Matoran Alphabet now.

3 Likes

Oh, I thought I was the only one who did that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, now that episode 2 is out, it’s time for another rant.
Senpai-ship.
No, not ‘senpai’ in the japanese dictionary definition of the word, but ‘senpai’ in the sense of ‘notice me senpai.’
So basically, there’s this girl I know from my youth group, nice lass, laughs at all my jokes. When I first came to this youth group, (which, for those of you who don’t know, is a sort of Bible study/club usually hosted at a church) this girl was really friendly. I didn’t think much of it until this event the youth group did, roller skating and go-karts and such. I didn’t know how much fun it’d be, mainly because I didn’t know how to roller skate, not really my kind of thing, you know. Luckily, the aforementioned girl taught me how to, and it was a great night, lots of fun. Sounds like the beginnings of a good relationship, right?
Except for the fact that I don’t really like her. Sure, she’s nice, but she’s just… not my type. Too giggly and whatnot. She hasn’t actually made any sort of confession of affection or anything like it, but she gives me a tonne of attention, hence the senpai-ship. And I can see now why the senpai never notices the character in an anime, because I don’t know how she’d react. I don’t want to be a butt and straight-up tell her, “I don’t like you”, especially considering the fact that she hasn’t really made a move, she just stares and sits next to me and laughs way too long at my jokes and is starting to get on my nerves.
Point is, if you like someone, don’t make them your senpai. Make them your friend.

5 Likes

You know I really wish you guys would have talked about how to make a relationship better.Right now I’m currently in somewhat of a dead relationship it could be because it’s summer but I feel like it’s dying and I don’t have any clue on how to change it

I’m not in TTV, but here’s some advice:

It’s important to keep things fresh and interesting in a relationship. Do different things. Try activities that you’ve never done before. Go places you’ve never been. Exploring new things and living out new unusual situations is one of the best ways to build and maintain strong ties with people.

Well, obviously I can’t say much since I don’t know anything about this relationship you’re in, but I’d like to think we actually covered pretty much everything you need to know. Start by asking yourself what the actual intent is for the relationship. What’s the end goal? Are you trying to keep it “alive” just for the sake of itself? If so, that’s not a good reason.

Relationships are hard work, yes, but, generally speaking, you shouldn’t need to try and make it “better”. If it’s the right relationship and you’re behaving the way you should, it’ll “improve” naturally.

Not trying to be Donny Downer here, but that’s the best I can do on such little information.

All that being said, I’d REALLY like to do a Part 3. I know some people that need to hear what I have to say. >_>

3 Likes

I know I probably shouldn’t be arguing with someone who to my knowledge has 7-10 years of life experience more then I do, but what the heck. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s entirely possible for a healthy, “right” relationship to fall into monotony. If there’s a lack of communication between the two parties, they’ll both fall back on simple, easy activities and conversations that aren’t stimulating at all and don’t help either to grow.

But hey, what do I know? :stuck_out_tongue:

YES PLEASE! :smiley:

This is very true. The problem here is simply not having context for what “somewhat of a dead relationship” means.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice I think I know what I should do now

Tuma and other ttv members, is this where i go for relationship advice?

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present: Ta-tuma-nuva! :wink:

In all fairness, they said some pretty great stuff. So yes. :slight_smile:

I PM takuanuva

#storyofmylife

Me: hey, have you seen the new episode of-

Friend: my boyfriend thinks you’re hitting on me.

Me: 0_o

3 Likes

I had an exchange student at my school just a month or two ago who actually did hit on my girlfriend. I have to say, I wasn’t even aware things like that happened in real life…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they kill each other to raise their chances of getting with her?

I wonder who else on the MB would be part of the that killing spree.