Lewa, Toa of Wind - Animated Series [CHARACTER DESIGN]

Those faces…so memeable.

I think this artstyle is amazing and should be expanded upon, with more derpiness.

17 Likes

S’more updates, since I don’t think these warrant a whole new topic until the whole animatic is finished.

These shorts are actually inspired on the same chatper of the same book, but this one plays out differently.

Don’t get your hopes up for a full-blown comedy. This ties in a little to the larger story, while showcasing both Pohatu and Kopaka’s characters.

Not that it doesn’t have its moments…

9 Likes

The mask of time affecting a small catlike creature sending it outside the time and space continium making it a giant monsterous creature they have to fight!

Finally figuring out that they cannot defeat it they use the mask fragment to SEND IT BACK into the first generation!

Okay Ill stop derping now. Great work Ragdoll.

1 Like

I love how it looks and where you’re going with this, I’m really looking forward to seeing this finished!

No time travel

6 Likes

I asume you know the inside joke.

1 Like

is it really time travel if it’s actually two different universes

Yes. It’s called Multiverse Theory. Many time travel shows use it as a part of the plot.

Oh, that’s a really good point

no alternate universes

3 Likes

Another week, more updates. Should I make a new topic and post them there?

Aiming to finish the animatic around Thanksgiving, but I make no promises. I should point out that parts of it will probably be obsolete by the time it comes out (as of today’s podcast, character design is going to be one of the first things to go). There’s still mini-pitches ingrained into the script, though - that was always the main idea.

These screenshots might clarify what the Epochal fragment does. Nothing inherently action-y. It’s based on Oomatu’s concepts, but we changed the location for the sake of the short.

5 Likes

It reminds me of Eljay!