Licensed LEGO Themes Topic

I’m amazed that just about nobody knows about the Nesquik Bunny; He’s kind of a well-known Collectors piece in the System part of the Fanbase.

I’ve had little to no contact with that part of the fanbase :P. I rarely venture off the contraction side of things.

Before I read all the posts, I was literally going to say exactly what @Kahi said.

I see what ya did there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The best thing about licensed themes were the licensed games by TT. (They’re TTV if Var, Ven, and Viper left)

2 Likes

Star Wars is pretty cool, along with their Indy license. I haven’t been too into the licensed stuff as of late for some reason though.

I had a smaller star wars set with a Jedi mini figure back when I was a kid… and then I lost the freaking mini figure FOREVER!

But yeah, my favorite licensed theme would have to be Star Wars because that is the only one I got sets from…I think. Plus I love how overboard sets like the death star went. Never got one, but I always imagined having one.

Swag: Oh look Avatar sets lets see how they lo-
Swah: Oh god these are bland

1 Like

Since I like to torture people with LEGO Stuff they didn’t know, here is an officially licensed “Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium” Set:

3 Likes

Wow
they couldn’t even center that model

1 Like

I am as surprised as you. I guess others are only here for the Boinkles.

1 Like

[System Fan High-Five]

1 Like

I remember seeing that in the December 2007 catalog.

@Plural I remember that set, my brother got it for Christmas one year! The mini lion was the coolest model, cause it had some unusual tan bits.

The best licensed theme ever was Ben 10. BIONICLE wishes it could top Ben 10, but it never will, cause it never had a spidermonkey.

4 Likes

You know is it bad I actually liked the Ben 10 line? I really liked to show at the time, and the sets did a good job translating then to toys IMO.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it at all. I never saw the show so idk how accurate the sets are or what they’re based off of, but there are some creative concepts here.

I thought the ben 10 sets were freaking lazy. They all had virtually the exact same build apart from some minor add-ons.
It did have a nice kaita, tho

3 Likes

With the ben 10 sets, it’s not about how well-designed they are, it’s about how goofy the ideas can get. A spidermonkey, a Mexican wrestler, and a butterfly dude, all in one crazy theme.

1 Like

I have all the Lego Lord of the Rings (Not Hobbit) things, except the board game, and the video game, although I do have the Elrond minifigure…

…Just found one on Ebay for $115…

1 Like

It usually goes for $80. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well that is Australian…