Likely a void

what

4 Likes

#Ya heard the man, WE BE DOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!

3 Likes

This is quite sad. I can’t really believe you’d end your series on a cliffhanger.

That said, will you go on the other parts of the Boards. I noticed that the only place you hang out in is the “Likely a Void” comic, being this.

Will there be a sequel, and maybe a prequel?

2 Likes

This comic takes place over roughly a few centuries in the context of the reality shown at the end, which is a world I have several ideas for what to do with next.

9 Likes

There better be a sequel and then in 10 years or so there’s a reboot.

Void 1.11: Likely (not) a void

6 Likes

tfw more thought provoking than Five Nights At Freddy’s

4 Likes

Higher meaning is arbitrary.

WHAT

So there’s more to look forward to?

Okay, random theory time, almost bound to be wrong in many regards.

First off, I noticed that there’s a sign saying “The Angels watch over us. Put your faith in Yuetli.” in the very last page. The symbol on the sign could be seen as a simplified and stylized depiction of the floating creature that our unnamed tongue/consciousness/whatever identifies as Yuetli. Given the apparent halo, six wings, and feathery look, I can see why people might identify it as angelic, though whether that assumption is accurate remains to be seen. That the tongue’s viewpoint character’s last few lines are reacting negatively to Yuetli’s presence implies that regardless of its angelic status or potential lack thereof, it is quite possibly an antagonist, if not the antagonist. Given the religious implications of the sign, perhaps this thing harvests souls or something based on people having faith in and/or worshipping it. Of course, it couldn’t hurt to play devil’s advocate and consider if Unreliable Narrator is at play here, but frankly, though, I don’t think it’s terribly likely.

Then there is the red band. Going off Scar’s earlier suggestion, it may be some sort of horrific compilation of all the souls/bodies/somethings that Yuetli has harvested, assuming that is its goal. No idea what that is, but its style implies some sort of connection to Yuetli, and showed up in the strange flashback sequence. In the same sequence, we also saw Yuetli floating beside some tall beings with a similar aesthetic, opposite some sort of robot foot in the foreground. Considering how big Yuetli seems to be in the last few panels, that would imply big size for the other glowy things as well, and that the robot must also be fairly sizable - instead of a stylistically low shot like I had initially assumed, it seems likely that the shot was from a normal standing position, behind and slightly to one side of the robot. Perhaps it was going to fight the tall beings?

A third thing I wanted to make note of, though this I have not the slightest clue what to make of, is the fate of the fingers. During the rebuilding the body sequence near the end, some sort of Venus Flytrap-like thing emerges and swallows the rebellious fingers. While it’s probable this is simply a stylistic depiction to show that our viewpoint character is swallowing his doubts to return to reality, the specific imagery of the Venus Flytrap seems like it wouldn’t be the natural choice. I suspect this may have later significance.

Finally, though, here’s my main theory, and the one most likely to be wrong. The strands of bright white that the tongue summons when asking about knowledge also seems to match Yuetli’s aesthetic, leading me to believe that the viewpoint character’s brief (or not-so-brief?) sojourn into their own mind and questioning the very nature of reality may be Yuetli’s doing, possibly as some sort of attack. That the protagonist is lying out in the middle of the street seems to support this; going about their business when Yuetli suddenly breaks their mind and they collapse. Though I do have to question where everybody else is. Wouldn’t someone have dragged him/her inside instead of leaving them out in the street? Or perhaps there’s just nobody left around to help…

Finally, it is interesting how the viewpoint character reacts at the end; their words seem to imply surprise; they had not expected to see Yuetli again, apparently. Perhaps they had defeated the supposed angel before.

This is all really interesting. I understand you need to take your time, but if there isn’t more at some point, I’m going to riot.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

7 Likes

Pssst.

you just double post

4 Likes

Wow, I missed out on this comic after the first installment. That was somethin’ else! Great job.

Ze cluedo for ze T T Vmas: acaksekparot (two words there)

3 Likes

I like this. I won’t confirm if it’s right or not, but I like this.

As for it taking time, it all depends on how fast I can model clothes.

5 Likes

made more sense of it than I could

3 Likes

To comment on the theory, what do angels usually serve?

3 Likes

Uh… god, right?

2 Likes

Unless they be demonz.

4 Likes

In which case they would be fallen angels serving the devil, if my extremely loose knowledge of christianity is accurate.

2 Likes

Well according to the wiki, Angels are the children of Adam, and they try to make contact with him, which would bring on the destruction of humanity and possibly the end of the world as we know it.

2 Likes

And thus ends one of the most thought provoking comics on the internet. It made me question reality, make me say “What.” “Huh?” Or laugh.
So I congratulate you @Maphrox. GG, m8. GG

4 Likes

That’s where your sentence lost it’s validation for me.

This is correct.

Anyways, let’s stop the religious discussion right there before anything starts up. I know this is theorizing, but still. We must be careful.

4 Likes

No gods in any tongue related materials will have any relation to christianity

7 Likes

I liked your comic, I didn’t get it but it definitely deserved a Turtle, here you go :turtle:. Also I think it made me hungry…

4 Likes