Literature: Rules and Guidelines (UPDATED: APRIL 7 2018)

Welcome to the Literature Board! This is where all your creative writings go!

Rules here are a little more lenient than the other TTVBoards, however that’s not to say there are none at all.

• Multi-Part stories should be posted in a single topic.
    I know sometimes it sucks to have discussion in between the chapters of your story, so with that in mind i’ll be allowing separate discussion topics for multi-chapter stories, if the author so chooses. If you’re posting multiple “parts” in rapid succession (one a day, for example) I suggest that you take advantage of this and use only one topic. This keeps the boards from getting too cluttered.
  • Language, Violence, and Romance will be tolerated here as long as there is nothing gratuitous about it.
    Which is to say, no excessive violence or descriptions of gore, and ABSOLUTELY no sexual content.
  • No “Preview” topics will be allowed
    To avoid cluttering the forums, unless you have something to show, do not post it. It is worth mentioning that this rule also applies to “Work In Progress” pieces. If all you have is 100 words and you plan to add more later, write it, then post it.

All other TTVBoard Forum Rules apply.

If you have any questions or concerns about whether your content will break one of these rules, do not hesitate to contact staff!

7 Likes

could I get away with a fight to the death Kahi

3 Likes

How far can violence go?

1 Like

PLEASE NOTE, As of April 7th, 2018, the rules have been updated and will now be in effect going forward!

~Hawkeye

1 Like

Literally just noticed this. Any Ideas of what I should do? (To fix my multiple story issue.)

1 Like

I’ll just combine them for you!

~Hawkeye

1 Like

Thank you! :sweat_smile:
I’ll update that then. When I need to.

1 Like

Fanfiction writers, to your keyboards! XD

1 Like

The thing is that I have a multipart series. I am at the fifth part, but the other four have separate topics. What should I do?

1 Like

Since the board apparently no longer tells me these things, that is entirely up to you since it’s pre-existing.

Also, it should be mentioned that I personally see a difference between a “___ part series” and a story with “chapters.” Chapters should be all in one topic, but if there’s a significant gap or, say, a three part series of short stories, that rule can be bent.

As far as your stuff goes, if you want it combined we can do that for you. If not… C’est la Vie?

3 Likes

Should ilustrated writings be in comics?

1 Like

The way I see it it’s up to you, but my personal belief is that whatever is the primary media is where it belongs - So in this case, if you’re simply illustrating a few scenes of a story, then it belongs here. If you were, say, fleshing out the scene of a piece of artwork, I would keep it in artwork.
~Hawkeye

1 Like

So, wait… I shouldn’t be able to have two characters loving each other?

1 Like

Dude, there is a incredibly big distance between having your characters kissing and loving each other and making R-rated stuffs.

1 Like

Gratuitous: “uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted.”

R rated content is strictly forbidden. Love stories are not. Simple as that.

As always, how much we let you get away with is directly dependent on how well you can toe the line.

5 Likes

So I have a completed short story, but is it okay if I post an external link to it since it’s currently 63 pages in Google Docs?

3 Likes

I don’t believe that would be called a short story anymore…

6 Likes

Okay, technically it’s a short story series. 7 parts, plus a prologue and an epilogue

2 Likes

If it’s in parts you can post each “chapter” in a single topic (one post per chapter) or you can link to the google doc. Either way works. I suggest the former, while perhaps spreading out the release. I know that for some people, reading a massive story all at once is much more daunting than reading a chapter a day.

Totally up to you though, there are no rules against linking Google Docs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the response!

1 Like