Loganto's Botanical Adventure

Hello-welcome to you there, newcomer! I'm Loganto, a local tree-plant and spice-herb salesman from Le-Koro! Being the old-bone map maker and catalogue-writer I am, I have decided to out-venture into Le-Wahi's great jungle-greens to find some new specimens for my shop. I thought I would look-share with my fellow matoran my journal-findings.

Day One - A strange encounter!
Vinecell is one of the weird-strangest things you can find attaching themselves to trees. They grip tightly, but their pods are easy to drain liquid from. This liquid is great at quick-healing wounds and makes a shiny-nice armor polish. How else would I keep my mask so sparkle-fine? It doesn’t do much other than that, but it bloom-buds some crazy pink flowers in the gust-times. I can’t think-back to then, so I will draw their flowers when the time quick-comes again.

Day 2 - An interesting sight.
A humble beetle, the Tira, travel in lines to search for food. It is smaller than one of my digits, and only eat-feeds on grass. As much as I adore these micro-rahi, I would never bring it way-back to my uptree-home. It’s shell is thick, and they can’t be smash-flattened by even a mighty ash bear, but it’s underbelly is soft and easy pickings for pokawi birds. It’s six legs allow it to battle-march across all of Le-Wahi, it’s brothers trailing behind. They dig-burrow underpath to their homes, which can be identified by small, grassless mounds.

Day 3 - A glass of water.
The chalice flower is an odd looking petal-flower, but it plays a big part in the jungle-greens. These flowers are where most microrahi get wet-water and nectar. It’s shape allows it to quick-catch lots of rain-liquid from downpours, so they are always full of water. Their petals are stronger than most flowers, and the tongue holds the pistil and stamen underneath so it doesn’t get wet. All in all, this leaf-plant is of upmost importance to green-home Le-Wahi. They usually grow-clump in groups of three to five, but I found this lone-sitter by himself. I’ll come and check on this one every once and a while from here on out.

Day 4 - Karzahni’s roots!
You know it’s really embarrassing when you’re think-walking and something snag-trips you. The Triproot is notorious for making me balance-fall on my face while exploring. I once got so mad that I tried to pull it out of the dirt-ground, only to find out that it goes on for kio! The thorns on these things are not friendly-kind. You are bound to ever-scrape up your armor something awful-bad. Next to each thorn is a tuft of fibers that hold sticky seeds. So not only will you tumble-trip, but you’ll have seeds stuck to you as well! How rude!

Day 5 - A visitor!
Today I decided to let Tamaru join me on some of my ground-walking exploration. The sun was bright-shining as usual, when I quick-noticed that we were ever-close to the chalice flower from two days ago. I asked Tamaru if he minded we take a look-peek. As we short-traveled abroad, we found the flower. What we saw, I had to draw! A Reke, using it’s quick-fast wings to hover above the rain-wet chalice flower, was drinking! It’s long-reach straw fully extended into the pool. These small microrahi change from a ever-squishy Anuke into a quick-zipping Reke in a matter of days. It is always a special great-sight when I see one.

Day 6 - A lakeside visit.

Tamaru ever-tricked me to go to jungle-lake Kanae to go water-swimming. I can fine-handle water like a dream, but swimming I can not do. I stayed on the shore while Tamaru had a great-splash fun-times swinging into the water from tree-vines and kick-swimming around. I started to look under the blue-water to check out what the underground looked like, and I found this little guy. He was just short-sitting there, looking at me. It was a Kofu-Craw, and his little snippers snapped at me as an ever-warning when I tried to lift-pick him up. These creatures sand-bury themselves underfoot to catch small fish and other debris in the water. When something swims too close… Snap! It quick-lashes out and begins rip-tearing it apart. How morbid.

Day 7 - A predator is found

Sound the battle-drum, because this colony of Tira is in trouble! A biopede has found and interrupted their food-march into the jungle. Biopedes are huge, six legged, long microrahi that hock-spit an acid at their pray, and rip-kill with no mercy. I wish I quick-knew more about them, but I decided to not bad-spoil my day with the ever-carnage of a battle.

Day 8 - In the dark of the rain

A damp-dark high-sky weather day today. Heavy mist-clouds down-pattered water everywhere! Most Le-Matoran run into their homes, spending the ever-gloomy day out of the downpour. Me? Stay inside on account of rain? Never ever. Too many ever-interesting things happen in the black-damp mud-soil! Too many strange plants, too many strange rahi. It’s an ever-great opportunity I won’t pass up! So off I went, ever-stomping around in the murky muck of the jungle floor. As I was searching, I came upon a beautiful flower. It was strange, because I hadn’t recognized it. It was usually, on the ever-sunny green-bright days, it was an ugly closed up bud. This rain, it caused it to open-bloom into a beautiful petaled masterpiece. I give you, the dropcatcher. It only opens in the super-storms of the jungle. A Ga-Matoran would ever appreciate the bravery of going out-way and picking one in a storm. I might pick one for somebody I have my eye on…

Day 9 - Night-light of DEATH

Today, or I guess I should say at sun-dark, I decided to go tent-camping in the ever-deep jungle. It’s ever-dangerous to do this alone, so I decided to bring friend Tehutti along. He has always been almost as curious as I am about this world. You should see his daily journal entries. They’re PAGES long. Anyway, back on the subject of camping. We set up camp, and we out-walked a bit in the dark. We came across some… strange glowing stalks. They had bulbs at the ends with small fiber-hairs. I went up to touch one, and the fibers grab-latched on with a small static burst! Not only did it do that, but it sucked itself back into the ground! Was it defense? I didn’t know. We decided to ever-watch them until they retracted again. To our surprise, a reke land-perched on a glowing bulb and got ever-fried by the fibers! The stalk retracted and didn’t come back up. Tehutti and I looked at each other and nodded. Carnivorous. We both decided to call them glowbulbs.

Day 10 - A normal walk in the jungle

The jungle was noise-bustling with ever-chirps of gukko while I flat-walked down my usual path. Not a blade of grass out of place… except for this unusual but beautiful flower! I remember the bipetal quick-popping up-root last budding time, only for them to promptly disappear from their spots the next sun-up. They have two petals and quite the pistil, and I always see reke drinking from it’s bud, so it must be ever-full of sweet nectar. I think they’re quite pretty.

36 Likes

I like this so far. Good drawings of the plants, and I love the Matoran drawing as well.

3 Likes

Thanks! This is my first topic on the site. I’ll be posting a couple entries a week. (or at least I’ll try to.)

Nice literature here

1 Like

Excellent work.

1 Like

Day 2 - An interesting sight.
A humble beetle, the Tira, travel in lines to search for food. It is smaller than one of my digits, and only eat-feeds on grass. As much as I adore these micro-rahi, I would never bring it way-back to my uptree-home. It’s shell is thick, and they can’t be smash-flattened by even a mighty ash bear, but it’s underbelly is soft and easy pickings for pokawi birds. It’s six legs allow it to battle-march across all of Le-Wahi, it’s brothers trailing behind. They dig-burrow underpath to their homes, which can be identified by small, grassless mounds.

9 Likes

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/e/e/eee6b7575a7f29bd98cf6dc63f46ad524ff113c7.png

This guy looks really cool

1 Like

Thanks. It was fun to try and get a mixture of movie style and set accuracy. I think it turned out pretty well. Here’s a full unedited version: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LogantoTheLeMatoran/Artwork/20170509_072528.png

2 Likes

It’s technically next week. :3

Day 3 - A glass of water.
The chalice flower is an odd looking petal-flower, but it plays a big part in the jungle-greens. These flowers are where most microrahi get wet-water and nectar. It’s shape allows it to quick-catch lots of rain-liquid from downpours, so they are always full of water. Their petals are stronger than most flowers, and the tongue holds the pistil and stamen underneath so it doesn’t get wet. All in all, this leaf-plant is of upmost importance to green-home Le-Wahi. They usually grow-clump in groups of three to five, but I found this lone-sitter by himself. I’ll come and check on this one every once and a while from here on out.

8 Likes

I have to know, how many days will this be going for?

2 Likes

Hopefully as long as possible. My aim is the end of the summer, my dream is January.

1 Like

I’m really loving his these are written like they’re done by a field biologist. Keep it up dude.

3 Likes

Thanks! Like I said, I hope to have this topic last for as long as possible.

Also, for the Microrahi, would you guys like LDD moc pictures for them? I always try to make an actual model for the things I draw. Piece accuracy is top priority.

2 Likes

That would be neat. Perhaps you should make another topic for it so this topic doesn’t get confusing.

3 Likes

Good bug.

2 Likes

Day 4 - Karzahni’s roots!
You know it’s really embarrassing when you’re think-walking and something snag-trips you. The Triproot is notorious for making me balance-fall on my face while exploring. I once got so mad that I tried to pull it out of the dirt-ground, only to find out that it goes on for kio! The thorns on these things are not friendly-kind. You are bound to ever-scrape up your armor something awful-bad. Next to each thorn is a tuft of fibers that hold sticky seeds. So not only will you tumble-trip, but you’ll have seeds stuck to you as well! How rude!

9 Likes

Day 5 - A visitor!
Today I decided to let Tamaru join me on some of my ground-walking exploration. The sun was bright-shining as usual, when I quick-noticed that we were ever-close to the chalice flower from two days ago. I asked Tamaru if he minded we take a look-peek. As we short-traveled abroad, we found the flower. What we saw, I had to draw! A Reke, using it’s quick-fast wings to hover above the rain-wet chalice flower, was drinking! It’s long-reach straw fully extended into the pool. These small microrahi change from a ever-squishy Anuke into a quick-zipping Reke in a matter of days. It is always a special great-sight when I see one.

11 Likes

IT’S SO CUTE

2 Likes

Day 6 - A lakeside visit.

Tamaru ever-tricked me to go to jungle-lake Kanae to go water-swimming. I can fine-handle water like a dream, but swimming I can not do. I stayed on the shore while Tamaru had a great-splash fun-times swinging into the water from tree-vines and kick-swimming around. I started to look under the blue-water to check out what the underground looked like, and I found this little guy. He was just short-sitting there, looking at me. It was a Kofu-Craw, and his little snippers snapped at me as an ever-warning when I tried to lift-pick him up. These creatures sand-bury themselves underfoot to catch small fish and other debris in the water. When something swims too close… Snap! It quick-lashes out and begins rip-tearing it apart. How morbid.

10 Likes

Day 7 - A predator is found

Sound the battle-drum, because this colony of Tira is in trouble! A biopede has found and interrupted their food-march into the jungle. Biopedes are huge, six legged, long microrahi that hock-spit an acid at their pray, and rip-kill with no mercy. I wish I quick-knew more about them, but I decided to not bad-spoil my day with the ever-carnage of a battle.

9 Likes