Love is Canon

Imgur
I reject your canon and substitute my own.

78 Likes

I love that reference. Even if people don’t exactly know where it came from.

also cool MOC

6 Likes

Are they in their Honeymoon in Hawaii or something? :laughing:

Jokes aside, it’s good for both the MOC itself and the reference. I especially like how you made Macku.

3 Likes

Very nice. I always felt that Hewkii and Macku need closure.

Adam Savage?

2 Likes

nope, though he has made the phrase more relevant and referenced the original material.

2 Likes

What is the original then?

2 Likes

Great work with the little details, especially in the heads. I also really like how “expressive” the two figures are.

It comes from an 1980s movie called “The Dungeonmaster”

tho this is starting to get more off-topic

3 Likes

Oh thanks, Mr. Codex.

1 Like

Thank you for this.

1 Like

Looks like Macku likes 'em chunky. That is to say, she is an intellectual.

With Bionicle’s Oceanic influence, a reference to Polynesian garb makes sense.

4 Likes

Hey Mr. Farshty, check out this! :laughing:

1 Like

:gregf: dont think yu can escap me :gregf:

Looks awesome but Hewiki is kinda…fat

2 Likes

This is beyond adorable, and I wish I had it on my shelf.

2 Likes

Correction: he’s E X T R A T H I C C

2 Likes

Can’t agree with the title, but your build is awesome, as always!

1 Like

Actually, didn’t Greg technically canonize it a while back in one of those ‘Ask Greg’ posts? I think he said it was less that they couldn’t/didn’t feel love than it was they would’ve had no frame of reference for the emotion, and no real drive to follow it during the GSR years, but once they began living on Bara Magna they’d actually have something to compare said emotions to, and begin to understand what they meant.
(Though from my own understanding their version of love would still be much more different than the Bara-Magnians own, due to their species being more mechanically than organically, and thus lacking certain… instinctual drives such as the Bara Magnians would have.)

It went something like that didn’t it?

Also, bloody beautiful build mate, love the distinctly different body types you gave the both of them, and the way you designed their added ‘plant-wear’.

Real nifty grass/frond skirts, both in build and look.

Additionally: EY! They have pupils! And also eyelids of a sort for at least one! Nice!

5 Likes

Hewkii looks too much like a girl in my opinion.

I really dig this! The use of mixel joints is intriguing, and the overall premise is great!

1 Like

Lol, my only criticism is that the flowers should be both on the left side if they’re a couple, not a big deal tho.

Dang it, I did it again and commented on a old topic, opsies.

1 Like