Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron (sign-up and OOC discussion)

You never know. He could hold up a collapsed walkway, become a pendulum, counterweight for a trebuchet. There are plenty of reasons. Also, will Scaleraker’s durability translate to leg mode? Give God Neptune a indestructible boot basically.

Yes sure why not.
But are you OK with the change? I don’t want to force you.

Now that i know it’s not a complete change, just a new alt-mode, I’m cool with it.

1 Like

Name: Voltex Pax

Faction: Maximal

Appearance:

Alt-Mode: Big White Wolf

Weapons, abilities, equipment: Voltex has two sets of retractable claws that can cut through metal and armor strong enough to take more than just a few blasts to damage him. He also has a pair of four grenades that he can carry around his belt. Though he is equipped in the defensive arena, Voltex is fast, agile and is a lot stronger than he looks. He also has a pair of thrusters in his calves and back, allowing him to dash side to side in any directions as well as to hover above the air for a short time. He is an expert in hand-to-hand fighting and one ability of his is that he can deploy a massive shockwave depending on how much damage he does take.

Personality: Voltex is passionate, caring, determined, laid back, friendly, helpful, joyful and loving.

Bio: There isn’t much for Voltex to be known about, only that he has secrets in his past he likes to keep close to the chest, secrets during his Special Ops time as now he is Ex-Special Ops and has retired back home, living in a decent headquarters with his sister Jade Pax.

Name: Jade Pax

Faction: Maximal

Appearance:

Alt-Mode: Black Wolf

Weapons, abilities, equipment: Jade has two energy blasters that form from her forearms which can change to, semi-automatic to full-automatic rapid-fire shooting. She is very intelligent, basically a genius level. She also has a hacking device that can hack weapons, control panels, and insert a virus in a network, though her success depends on how highly encrypted are the things she is hacking.

Personality: Jade is very passionate about technology, science and everything that has to do with techy stuff. She is very talk-active, laid back, and at times super girly which shows who is the older sibling, Voltex being her bigger brother while she is his little sister.

Bio: Jade worked in the same agency as Voltex did, she was basically the guy chair for the hero, but now she was his gal chair for the Specialized Ops Agent, her brother. When Voltex announced his retirement, she didn’t quit per-say, she still works there every once in a while when they are in need of her genius.

Accepted. Need help with introducing them?

Thanks, and I guess. I would also appreciate a short summary on what has happened so far, if possible.

The group was first caught by the Seacons, which had an underground base that was later found and destroyed by the Vehicons, which determined them to join the group.
Then Starscream’s ghost showed up, with the ability of upgrading anybody he possesses, tho it seems that the victim either becomes loyal to him (like the upgraded Vehicons), or remembers his past deleted lifes, thing which slowly drives thrives them mad, like Mirage.
The group also found Backstop, which says that he can send them to a thing called the Oracle, which can save them all.
At one point, the group split, so here is what you can choose: either be with Transwarp (@BlackBeltGamer98), Slyther (@meepinater) and Forager (@Chromeharpoon), tho they currently are underground and harder to find, or with Scaleraker (@ProfSrlojohn) and the Seacons, which are fighting in an underground Decepticon prison whose entrance has been dugged up by Megatron. The ones at the prison are also fighting Starscream’s and Mirage’s forces, so they would be much more noticable.

With Scaleraker, just tell me where to pop up.

Well… Right now.

So simply have them go in a underground Decepticon Prison and fight?

If they would happen to be close the dugged up entrance, they might hear the battle.

Thank goodness. Trying to fight an arm with just claws, and weakened scales is hard. Especially when they have ranged weapons.

Good to have the support.

I don’t know why I didn’t posted it before. Here are some profiles.
Name: Swarm Unit
Faction: Starscream’s hoards
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Armoured truck
Weapons: Arms that can turn into triple-barrelled heavy blasters, in addition with the right one being able to turn into a hammer.
Bio: The ultimate form of the swarm drones, being mutated in it by Starscream.

Name: Scrapmetal Unit
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Truck with turret on it’s back
Weapons: Huge handblaster
Bio: The ultimate form of the scrapmetal drones, being mutated in it by Starscream.

Name: Jet Unit
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Jet
Weapons: Two arm cannons.
Bio: The ultimate form of the jet drones, being mutated in it by Starscream. Well, sort of. All of them have a weak point on their back.
At least for now…

@Toa_Vladin

Yeah, okay no. I did not join this RP to get Autohitted while also having an unfair fight.

Other standard rules include no autohitting.

I understand completely that you are the GM of this RP but, Starscream for starters is a Ghost who can’t get damage but he can inflict upon people. That in a fight is unfair. And now you autohit and do things without giving me the proper reaction time, how is that fair? I mean this isn’t even a boss fight like Voltex literally came down in that tunnel and what happens? He meets a ghost which he has no chance in defeating…I mean, come on. You have to think about my side and how I see this as well.

He is simply a boss that you have to outsmart.

Taking a person by the shoulders and throwing him on the ground is no autohit.

If by reaction time you mean the ability to simply move a body part and dodge every attack, then also no. You quoted the no metagaming rule, but this is kinda what you are doing. You imply that either Starscream is incredibly dumb, to the point that he cannot grab something that is in front of him, or that Voltex is the best ninja ever.
I am not against such moves, but never twice in a row, especially towards a boss. His whole point is for the heroes to learn to defeat him to deserve the salvation, not to dodge every attack because conventional attacks don’t work.

Every fight with Starscream is a boss fight.a smaller one, granted, but one nonetheless.

By punching at least.

So, Starscream’s gonna be a recurring Boss Fight? That ought to be fun seeing as how he will act as a way to test out new tricks and abilities.

Basically. It’s related to the Oracle.
At least from what I brainstormed so far.

1 Like

He is a Ghost, how can you do anything against a Ghost?

Oh, it is Autohit.

Who said anything about me implying Starscream is really dumb? You are going up against someone who has training, skill, and experience. Of course, he will be able to dodge those things. I mean, stating that it is impossible would be saying that Muhammad Ali didn’t have the reflexes to dodge more than three punches at once. I’m saying this for reference sakes. Because he literally has the fastest reflexes a boxer can ever have.

You never stated it was, only now. But that doesn’t matter.

Look. I’m not going to countlessly punch something that cannot be punched.

as GM, Vladin reserves the right to do some autohitting. However, he is trying to keep it to a minimum.

As for how to beat a ghost, Starscream can be hurt when possessing a body and I imagine some forms of energy can also hurt his actual ghost, or (at the very least) disrupt it.

A ghost also hasn’t got the limits of a body to hamper its movement as much but, seeing as how, by my reckoning, we’re still fairly early in the story, Starscream’s gonna feel unbeatable for a time until we get a means to significantly damage him (whether that’s by an upgrade or a strategy, I don’t know).

I did not see as my dodging as unfair. How was that unfair?