Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron

Scaleraker assumed Halfshell had a reason, and waited patiently.

“Well first off, I don’t know if the answer is off-world. Only the Oracle knows. Second, the Oracle is calling me. It wants to tell me its full plan. It wants to guide us, to help us, and we must obey.”

“Well… Heh… OK! Just one problem, boss: that slagged computer wouldn’t tell me where the other prison is!”

“Okay, I can get behind an ancient sentient computer but you’re talking about it like it’s some sort of deity.” Warp said, a bit confused.

Other computer? Scaleraker thought

“Because it is. Tell me, Transwarp: do you believe in Primus?”

OOC: Same computer.
IC: “What about the Decepticons in the prison you broke out of?”
“Dunno. A lot of them were being taken by the jet bots. When I escaped, I had to blow up an entire section of the prison, just so I can get rid of those blasted scrapheads! I pressumed that the explosion extended or somethin’… It was pretty big, get what I’m sayin’?”
Halfshell nodded. “Take us there, just to be sure.”
“But if we go there and the prison didn’t conpletely blew up there would still be jet dudes shootin’ at us!”
“That’s fine, take us there.”
“What about Terrormander?” Scylla asked.
“Terrormander can wait. The fate of Cybertron is in game.”

“Yeah, it’s kinda an irrefutable fact he’s real; he’s the flipping core of the planet…I think.” He said.

“Then you must also believe in the Matrix.”

Scaleraker began to wonder Halfshell’s motives. Did he really care about his subordinates?

“Yeah, Rodimus used it to blow up Unicron.” Warp said, “Everyone knows that part of the old War because reenactments always put the best pyrotechnics at that part.”

“Whar 'bout him boss?” Sea Phantom asked, pointing at Scaleraker.
Halfshell starred at him.

“The Oracle it’s just as important. It’s a counterpart of Vector Sigma. While the latter has direct access to the AllSpark and Primus himself, the Oracle has access to the Matrix and to the infinite source of knowledge it holds.”

“As long as you don’t kill me, I don’t particularly care. If you let me go, I might join you, or I might try and help find Backstop. If you keep me here, you won’t see any struggle from me.”

“That Backstop is a full. Megatron took our planet. Tell me boy, what are you going to do: run away, or fight?”

“That depends on whether i consider it suicidal. I may follow you for a while, and see this army of yours. Then I shall decide.”

“Mo boy, either you follow us, and become one if us, or run away to your friends. It’s now or never: decide.”

Scaleraker thought for a long moment.

Should I fight, or flee?

I know what Skyblazer would do.

She would fight, resist this takeover with every fiber of her being

But that also got her killed

Would I rather live a coward?

Or die in battle, fighting for what I think is right

Scaleraker spoke. “I’ll fight. I’d rather die fighting for what I believe in, than live a coward.”

Halfshell smiled under his mouthplate.
“Good.”
He rose his hand.
“Welcome to the team, Seacon Scaleraker.”

Scaleraker retracted his claws, and bowed.

“Does this mean that he’ll have to change his alt mode?” Sea Phantom asked.
“Obviously.”

“Okay, I did NOT sign up for that. I’m happy how i am.” Scaleraker protests

“No.” Halfshell said. “You will also become a foot.”