Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron

“I get you there. If a teammate can’t pull their own weight then they aren’t worth keeping.”

“Then there was Gulf. He was a lonely one. The poor guy told me once that he joined the team in search of friends, but he himself told me that he was wrong, and that joining the team didn’t help him at all. I tried to get closer to him, to win him as my man, but every time I tried to be friendlier with him he was running away of my comradery. Probably he was doing this without knowing.”

“I’ve met bots like that. Unfortunate is a good word for them.”

“It is…” Halfshell said nodding, taking a few moments to think at his former comrade. “Then there was Kraken. She was an eager individual, to say the least. She was fast, energetic, sometimes even bipolar. There were times when she was joking with you, and times when she was yelling at you. Loudly. Even with that, however, she was the soul of the team, and we all more or less loved her.”

“Yeah…” He responded, “I think…my speech…was the…main thing…that was…affected…by that…injury.”

“We should have asked that Gigatread guy to see if he could at least fix you…” Manta said. “Where is he, anyway?” she wondered out loud as she started looking around for the giant, to see if he was following them.
@MaxinePrimal

He mentally shrugs, mainly because planes don’t have the articulation to shrug.

“Sounds like a girl I could get along with.”

Gigatread was at the back of the pack, following in beast mode. Quite literally impossible to miss.

“Then what the frak’ve they been doin’ this whole time?” Forager wonders.

“Heh. Probably. Then there was Ripperbyte. He was the grumpy soldier of the group. He was quiet and was taking orders silently. He wasn’t much of a talker, mainly shrugging and nodding his head, but we were all respecting him as a de facto second in command.”

“Oh, right. There he is.” Manta said, before opening a comm channel to all the ones following her. “OK guys, are y’all seeing that bridge that leads to the base of the tower? We all meet there, Transwarp and I will wait for y’all there.”
@Chromeharpoon @BlackBeltGamer98 @MaxinePrimal @meepinater

“I dunno… surviving?” Beetle said, shrugging all six of his insect limbs. “Maybe just like us? I mean they were some of the richest bots on the planet! It’s hard to believe that they didn’t used any of those money properly.”

“Wait…I don’t…understand.” Transwarp said.

“If they’d used that money ‘properly’; Megatron an’ his tin cans wouldn’ be runnin’ the show right now,” Forager reckons. “An’ we wouldn’ be some o’ the only bots left alive on Cybertron.”

“There! Look!”
Manta headed towards a bridge connecting the ironed hill that the tower was placed on and then breaking down into multiple streets, one of them being the one our protagonists were on.

“You kidding right now, aren’t ya? The Council was one of the most corrupt organisation in the history of Cybertron! They were getting their money from cheap labour and scarring off Maximals to send them their businesses. I’ve heard that they were patriotic towards the Predacon cause, but look around: they haven’t done anything to help us Predacons in this mess.”

“I…meant…you and I…waiting there…” He said, “Are we…not…joining the…group going…inside?”

“My point exactly, man!” Forager replies. “If the council ain’t dead already, I might be tempted to do the job myself if we run into 'em.”

Manta turned into her robot mode as she gently levitated to the base of the tower.
“We wait for the others to come, before we enter inside. There are big chances to not meet anybody inside, but we better stick together instead of risking everything.”

Beetle laughed.
“I’d like to see you trying. Have ya ever seen them? Like, closely? In person?”

“Is there…a group…going in…to scout…it out?” He asks.

Forager shakes his head.

“Not really,” he admits.

“How can you be second in command if you don’t talk?”

Gigatread followed calmly. His heavy and loud footsteps making a steady rythm.

“Oh… Haven’t thought at that…”

Exactly! Nobody did! The guys are ghosts. Other than the occasional broadcasts, they are extremely rarely seen. And when they are, they are in this dark atmosphere, with red lights around them, with robes covering their bodies. We don’t even know their names! Why do you think we use this umbrella term, Tripredacus Council?”

“It’s… Long story. Anyway, there was also Lobclaw. He was the toughest of us all, always going headfirst in any mission. It was a miracle that he was always surviving for this long. I respected and despised him in the same time.”
@MaxinePrimal

1 Like