Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron

He was Skywarp.”

“What?” Transwarp stuttered, “How–he–I--whaa-?” He was definitely confused at the logic behind this.

“Let me explained you.” he said as he was calmly walking in front of the group with small but fast steps. Manta Ray seemed the only one who was closely following him, as Beetle was still with Forager (@Chromeharpoon) and Drill Bit was with Slyther (@meepinater). The Seacons were standing at the end of the group, behind Halfshell, who was eyeing everybody suspiciously. “In the human year of 2005 there was a big fight between the Autobots and Decepticons, one widely regarded as the turning point of the war.”

“Autobot City on Earth.” Transwarp said, following the group.

“Exactly.” he said, nodding. “As the result of the battle the Autobots won, but their leader died.”

“Mm-hmm.” Transwarp replied.

Optimus Prime fell at the hands of Megatron, the old one, who was also critically injured. he thought.

“Now, almost all of the Decepticons got wounded as well. On their way back on Cybertron Astrotrain, who has been secretly ploting with Staracream, tricked the surviving Decepticons to fight each other and to throw the most wounded ones into space. This is how the Decepticons got rid of the likes of the Insecticon clones, Thundercracker, Megatron, and Skywarp.”

“Excuse me?” Transwarp asked, “I know I shouldn’t be surprised but that’s low, even for Starscream.” Transwarp said.

“But it was true. Skywarp and the others flew in the void of space till they found a… unexpected guest to say the least: Unicron.”

Hearing that name filled Transwarp with fear and dread, “Wh-what happened?” He asked, fearing what the answer would be.

Slyther said nothing, but nodded.
He fiddled with his taser rifle.

“Unicron… I don’t even know how to describe it… anti-reformated them (OOC: You would also not know what “reformated” means in this context). Megatron became Galvatron, Thundercracker became Scourge, the clones became Sweeps, and Skywarp became Cyclonus.”

“What are ya gonna do with that?”

“I’ll ssssshoot anybody who sssstands in my way.” Slyther hisses.

“Ah. Thought you’ll shot the new guy. What do you mean by your way, anyway?”

Transwarp was at a loss for words for a time, not sure how to react. “Was…was he the same after this ‘anti-reformatting’ mentally?” He asked.

“If I’m trying to do ssssomething, and I can’t becaussssse of someone, I’ll sssshoot them.”

“This, I don’t know. All we know is that he continued serving the Decepticon cause all the way to the end of what some historians call the Headmasters phase, when Cybertron was alarmingly damaged and the Headmaster troops became more and more common. After that… We don’t know. We don’t even know if he saw the end of the war.”

“You plan to abandon the group?”

Transwarp said nothing, trying to process what he had been told.

“So there is no chance that you were the descendant of Skywarp. However, if you would be the descendant of Cyclonus, the former Seeker would still be your ancestor.”

Transwarp tried to find some way to argue against it, to say that there was a way to consider the two as separate entities.