Mafia Revival

Oh, I didnt count Willess, I thought his name was crossed out, my bad. I was also counting the victim of the mafia that will occur after the execution.

@Omega_Tahu Do we lose when we get down to a certain number of players left, or only when the number of innocents to mafia is equal?

1 Like

This

Basically if the mafia ever get the power to tie the innocent in the number of votes, they win as thereā€™s no way to save yourself from that.

1 Like

Ok, this took a while to figure out, and is kind of complicated, but bare with me. Also, ignore what I said before, my counting was off cause I wasnt counting Hawk or Willess12.

Right now we have:

Holi
Racie
Jayzor
TheMOCingbird
Invader: confirmed innocent
_el
Jcton
Willess
Hawk
Ghid.

Mafia remaining: 3

assuming I was innocent and we went for the triple kill, it would leave these people alive by the end of Day 3 (today):

Holi
Racie
Jayzor
Invader: confirmed innocent
_el
Willess
Hawk: confirmed murderer

Mafia remaining: 2

That night, an innocent would be killed, most likely invader because thatā€™s who the mafia would want dead seeing as they could throw no blame on him, so, by the beginning of Day 4, we would have:

Holi
Racie
Jayzor
_el
Willess
Hawk: confirmed murderer

Mafia remaining: 2

Then, that day, regardless of what story is told, the innocents would execute Hawk, because he was already confirmed Mafia. So by the end of Day 4 we would have:

Holi
Racie
Jayzor
_el
Willess

Mafia remaining: 1

Then, that night the Mafia kills someone, letā€™s say Holi cause heā€™s at the top of the list. So, by the beginning of Day 5 we would have:

Racie
Jayzor
_el
Willess

Mafia remaining: 1

Then the execution of day 5 would come down to the 3 innocents using all the evidence they have collected thus far to try and determine the murderer, if they pick the wrong person, they lose, but could afford a triple execution, leaving only one innocent remaining.

Now, if you see any flaws in that, then go ahead ad point them out. Iā€™m also not taking into account any special abilities, but even counting them, I believe they would only help the innocents chance of success. Iā€™m working on figuring out what would happen if I was Mafia, but Iā€™m busy right now, and this is all I got for now.

EDIT: as of 1:43 EST I fixed a lot of the issues with this post, re read it, it had tons of problems before

1 Like

So clearly the plan is;
Triple kill
Hawk
Quadruple kill

2 Likes

Well, if we quadruple kill on day 5, weā€™ll lose, so it would be triple kill on day five, and hope we pick the right person to be the last remaining innocent. Also if you read the post before 1:43, go re read it, it had tons of issues cause I accidentally copied and pasted a section which messed things up, also I had the day numbers wrong.

Nah, scorched Earth policy

1 Like

The only real flaw I see in this plan is if Mafia try to change their votes at the last second to get someone killed before others have a chance to react, but that seems cheep, and against the spirit of the game. And Omega_Tahu could also make that against the rules. I think a good system would be whenever someone changes their vote, others get some time to change their votes as well.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a better tactic

If MOCā€™s not mafia and I know Iā€™m not mafia

Get Jcton?

I wonā€™t be doing so.

Itā€™s a valid tactic that while cheap and effective, also comes with a series of drawbacks.

1 Like

But how do we know youā€™re not mafia? And even if I am Mafia, this will still be pretty good for us, because while weā€™ll have one more mafia to worry about, weā€™ll have another confirmed innocent because it will prove Hawk is innocent. Either way I think this might be our best call, even if it is a bloody one.

Dang it.

1 Like

Mocingbird: 4 _el, Invader, Hawk, Willess
Jcton: 1 Ghido
Ghid: 1 Holi
Invader39: 0

Itā€™s a common tactic in mafia games, actually. Iā€™ve done it myself, and I thought Tuaro had done it on the first round, though it seems I was wrong. Invested players often watch the vote count closely at the last minutes.

Because youā€™re the mafian, obviously. You decided to go again this round, to prevent us from figuring out the identities of the other mafians. Thereā€™s still two more mafians who havenā€™t acted yet, and as such, we have no idea who they are. itā€™s also not something most people would expect.

As such, I am voting for TheMOCingbird. Iā€™m also spelling his name right for onceā€¦

1 Like

Well, honestly, how do I know youā€™re not?

Because you say you arenā€™t. Thatā€™s the only real evidence you have that you arenā€™t, and itā€™s the only real evidence I have that Iā€™m not. All we have outside of that is posts claiming to be innocent. I have mine stating that I truly am just here for the fun of it.

EDIT:[quote=ā€œWilless12, post:214, topic:49065ā€]
Ghid: 0
[/quote]

Invader voted for me.

EDIT again: No sorry, Holi.

Thanks, mustā€™ve missed it somehow.

1 Like

but you get picked to be put on trial, even if youā€™re the mafia you donā€™t get to choose, right?

and [quote=ā€œGhid, post:215, topic:49065ā€]
Well, honestly, how do I know youā€™re not?
[/quote]

as I said, even if I am the mafia, this will still help the innocents in the outcome.

Only if the other rounds go the way you predict.

No, your surprisingly elaborate solution seems more like a mafia ploy than a useful tactic.

The Mafia generally pick which of them does the kill.

~W12~

Oh, thought it was that they all agree on someone to kill, then the GM chooses a mafia to be put on trial.

and, [quote=ā€œGhid, post:218, topic:49065ā€]
Only if the other rounds go the way you predict.
[/quote]

well, if we do the triple kill now, and I am the mafia, we will definitely get to know for sure that Hawk is innocent, though that alone is a high price to pay.

And if Hawk is mafia, the mafia would ensure he never gets on trial again.

Omega_Tahu never said weather or not we can vote for people not on trial, so this kinda hinges on that decision.

He did earlier

Also, I donā€™t think mocingbird is guilty

As if he was, heā€™d have gotten a pm and this would have been a lot more difficult to forget initially