Mafia Revival

So no, there’s another hour.

1 Like

Ah, central, not EST, thanks.

2 Likes

Alright allow me to bust out the ol’ slimey analysis machine to prove my innocence and Tuaro’s guilt.

So here’s the scene. Zero goes to Hawk’s shop to buy flowers for his good friend, me. He gives me the flowers at some point, and the two of us eat our dinner. We go our separate ways, and then Zero gets drugged out and hit by the tractor.

Literally no motive. Why am I killing my friend for no reason? The only thing that’s suspicious is that I “wasn’t around when the body was found the next morning.” That’s not weird at all, and there’s no reason that I should have been there. I went home.

From reading this narrative, the obvious answer is that it should be MOCingbird. In theory, he broke into Hawk’s shop, poisoned his flowers, and thus poisoned Zero. Simple.

Except that makes no sense.

First of all, how would he know which flowers Zero would choose? Would he somehow do research into the probability theory of Zero’s mind? Would he poison all the flowers in Hawk’s shop to be sure? Both are quite absurd ideas.

Secondly, there’s no motive here, at least not from what we’re given. MOCingbird has beef with Hawk, not Zero. Why would he go through all the trouble of poisoning him in such an elaborate fashion. Again, it just doesn’t make sense.

Motive? Check. Didn’t like Zero, and is currently the only suspect to do so. Everyone else is either indifferent or actively a friend.
Means? Check. Could have easily slipped a drug into the food. We’ve even got a specific way. OT points out his gloves, which probably means something important. Wearing gloves could provide you with a great means to slip poison into someone’s food.

This, combined with the fact that he bandwagoned on to me immediately seems to indicate his guilt. I’m just saying, the evidence adds up.

3 Likes

I agree. The one thing I take issue is with this: [quote=“Political_Slime, post:144, topic:49065”]
First of all, how would he know which flowers Zero would choose? Would he somehow do research into the probability theory of Zero’s mind? Would he poison all the flowers in Hawk’s shop to be sure? Both are quite absurd ideas.
[/quote]

I think the theory for me being Mafia is that I intended to kill Hawk, but he gave the poisoned flowers to Zero, therefore I would have killed Zero accidentally. Though, this wouldn’t even make sense because if that were the case Hawk would have been clearly effected before he even had the chance to give the flowers to Zero.

2 Likes

Maybe I willed the poison out of me through pure spite.

5 Likes

I’m taking a gamble here, but I’ll change my vote from duckingbird back to Tuaro.

Hawk: 0
Slime: 5 Ghid, Tuaro, Jcton, Holi, _el
Tuaro: 5 Slime, Whaddon, Racie65, Hawk, Willess
Mocingbird: 1 himself

(I just realized, since I’m copying the vote count onto the end of all my posts, I keep forgetting to put my signature)

6 Likes

Hmm, do we want to go for the double execution?

We agreed on it earlier. I’m innocent so at least if I’m the only one to die, slime will be a big suspect.

Well, ok, Ima go for it. So far more people want it than don’t. I’m changing my vote from Tuaro to myself. Sorry Slime.

2 Likes

Yes, we double our chance of catching the culprit

3 Likes

If we’re both innocent, I blame MOCingbird.

Also don’t forget that Ghid is guilty.

3 Likes

I completely agree.

1 Like

Yeah, not gonna lie. One of the reasons I opted for a double kill is that I didn’t want use to kill an innocent, and make me look even more guilty.

3 Likes

I’m going to change my vote from Tuaro to Hawk.

single kill.

It’s 8:04 right now though, can you change it?

I’m going to charge my vote from slime to hawk if I can then

:thinking:

Normally this would be fine as I didn’t post a thing saying voting has ended, but since I’m already writing up a scene and it is technically past the time limit, I’m unsure of what to do.

3 Likes

Well, Holi changed his vote too, so if you’re saying it as a tie, just keep it as a tie, I’d say.

~W12~

I would say it shouldn’t count. There’s a reason time limits exist, as well as swap limits.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, is there a vote change limit in this game? You haven’t specified one.
(I guess if it’s at two, like it usually is, my vote wouldn’t count anyway, since I already changed it twice; I miscounted my vote changes)

3 Likes