Magic: the Gathering

Lantern control for the win.

I was thinking about playing vintage, and then I realized, I donā€™t have the $20,000 to spend on a Black Lotus, so I built a cheap burn deck in Modern. Iā€™m running 29 one and two drops, but Iā€™m still running 22 lands. Itā€™s because Iā€™m running 3 five drops and 6 X drops.

1 Like

My nerd friends got me into Magic after three years of wearing me down.

I havenā€™t played Magic in four years. This week was the beginner tournament at my school (one of the teachers plays magic so he set up a club) and I won two gamesā€¦and lost four.

1 Like

What colors are you using?

1 Like

What format?

1 Like

@Ace Itā€™s a green-white deck

@Maarlfox what

Which format did you play? Standard, Modern, EDH, etc.

I honestly donā€™t know. I think standard.

What was your favourite three cards in your deck?

1 Like

So i tried building a completely colorless deck, anuone got some criticism?

Does anyone else think adding the Circles of Protection to the Arahbo Commander deck is a good idea when upgrading it?

Nah, I donā€™t think so. With each one being color specific, theyā€™re very niche. I guess if thereā€™s a specific color in your meta that is being troublesome you could add one, but thereā€™s probably better direct counters to whatever youā€™d be trying to solve with them.

1 Like

So I played a 4 player game of Commander recently (while we were playing a game of Yu-GiOh and a second game of Commander in an effort to break the matrix lol) and it sort of worked out, but the card Bloodforged Battle Axe really took out the opponents before they could attack me (Iā€™ll give you the ā€œupgradedā€ decklist if you want).

Thisā€™ll be fun

I am so sad that this is real. Also, does anyone know if Unglued and Unhinged cards are legal in Commander now that Unstable is legal in Commander? I want to make a Richard Garfield P.H.D deck.

Why?

Jace, The Table Flipper is broken and Modern already is too powerful.

###edit

And expensive . . .

Yeah but power creep in some recent sets have really brought him from being off the walls

Nope. All Un-set cards were legal only until January 15th.

Modern is in the best place it could possibly be in right now. 30 different decks all had positive scores at the most recent Modern Pro-Tour. Itā€™s the healthiest itā€™s been in recent times.

Ehhā€¦? Modern power levels have risen with the increase of card choices new sets have given it. Heā€™s a powerful card, but not as broken as he used to be, outside of a vacuum.

They really are only unbanning him so they can sell reprints in Masters 25.

@Ranaki_Pakewa So many people see Jace go nuts in Legacy and immediately assume heā€™s nuts in Modern. Iā€™m glad somebody else finally realizes the formats are not the same.

1 Like