Majestic league (RP sign ups)

NEVER :angry:

Yeah, my plan is to try to get @Shadowrockboy190 to host this RP like it was originally intended. And with my characters gone, nothing would be able to get in the way oof that. If, however, he doesn’t end up GMing it, then i will come back after a certain amount of time. And also, the “second part” iis still the same RP, just on another topic. I’m just breaking up the story to make it easier for new players to join. Think of it as a chapter in a book. And as I have stressed to shadow MULTIPLE times, I will be more than happy to let him GM the RP whenever he wants it back, so nothing is stopping him.

McToran’s running other RPs, you know. The only people suffering by waiting are the people who for some reason can’t get enough of this RP. And six more months will come eventually; the real question is do you have the patience to wait for him, or is Majestic League all that occupies your time on the boards?

There was an RP of a far more professional level where the GM disappeared after a year and the RP kept going with little to no GM-ing being done for another year more, before community GMs were appointed by staff. So it’s not a matter of the GM disappearing for too long, it’s a matter of a lack of initial dictation as to how the RP was supposed to play out and it being left open to interpretation, which was arguably for the worse.[quote=“Mctoran, post:88, topic:46583”]
Yeah, my plan is to try to get @Shadowrockboy190 to host this RP like it was originally intended. And with my characters gone, nothing would be able to get in the way oof that. If, however, he doesn’t end up GMing it, then i will come back after a certain amount of time.
[/quote]

I really don’t want to be rude about this, but come on. I really hope nobody’s being fooled by this, because it’s utterly ridiculous and rather hypocritical of you.[quote=“Ace, post:85, topic:46583”]
nothing stopping you from creating your own
[/quote]

I cannot stress this enough. If you really want to see Majestic League 2 before the owner gets the chance to run it, make your own spinoff concept.

4 Likes

A user disappearing is not giving you license to use their stuff. I’m getting a strange sense of deja-vu from this…

2 Likes

I acknowledge that I already have a lot on my plate. If the second part hypothetically did get made, I would have created the topic, but I wouldn’t GM it. The RP would become open world, and the players would be free to make their own stories and choose their own paths. They could form what ever teams they wanted, or fly solo, or do whatever. Besides, the plot that I had for my character wouldn’t even require any involvement with other players. Also, it wouldn’t be fair for new characters/players to join an RP at its end. That is half the reason why I was going to continue it after it “ended”. It would literally be the SAME EXACT RP, just on a separate topic. People do this with RPs during the resets, for example.

I mean, if you reallly wanted to, the RP could just continue on the same topic.

Why do we have to end the RP so soon? I mean, it’s not the best, but I still enjoy playing in it

2 Likes

Don’t worry. The RP itself isn’t ending, just a “chapter” of it.

Name: Todd Wilson
Alias: None at the moment
Faction: Heroes
Abilities/Weapons: He has the power to absorb the powers of the deceased if he is within a single meter of the deceased and if they only recently died. However his body does not adapt to fit these powers, and so many end up as unusable. But he has managed to acquire the power to conjure weapons as well as destroy those conjured weapons with his ability.
Description or Picture:

Bio: A serial killer who wishes to join the heroes in order to be allowed to kill without reservation or the fear of retribution. Obviously he hasn’t been caught as he’s no idiot and has been quite thorough on his many previous kills. It also helped that up until recently, he was living in quite a small town whose homicide unit was quite out of practice. However they weren’t entirely incompetent, and he had figured that it’s best if he move on soon. Luckily the news of the Heroes and Villains had managed to reach his remote town and he saw an oppurtunity. An oppurtunity to continue his hobby, his passion, in a way that society would deem acceptable.

3 Likes

Accepted! i’ll @ you when you can join.

@Mctoran Thought I’d see if you all could use another.

Name: Axiom
Other aliases: The King of Heroes, The Archangel of Earth
Abilities/weapons: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Particle Generation and Manipulation, Flight, Holy Fire Manipulation, Immunity to Power Stealing/Power Nulling
Faction: Other
Description or picture:

Axiom appears as a humanoid figure with black skin, luminous white eyes, and a red scarf around their neck. Axiom’s body is well-muscled and humanlike in appearance, but lacking any gender-specific characteristics and thus more like a doll or illustration design-wise. Their head has two identical horns, over which hovers a red halo of unknown material.

The only item Axiom carries on their person besides the scarft is a spear with a red tipped point. It serves as their only weapon.

Axiom’s body gives off an aura of small black particles that hover around them like smoke.

[details=“Biography”]Axiom was a hero once. The greatest hero of their world, the most noble, the most loved…and the most powerful. For countless years they labored to protect their world from villains, monsters, and everyone else who would will it harm. Axiom formed hundreds of teams, saved countless lives…but somehow it was never enough.

A group of new heroes rose in their world, who killed villains and other malcontents rather than spare or try to save them, and gained massive public appeal for it. Despite decrying them, and trying to continue to lead by example, Axiom found themself becoming less and less popular, less and less loved, as the public grew enamoured with a rising group of murderous new “heroes”.

Overtime, Axiom hardly recognized the world they’d grown up in, so contaminated with violence, madness, and vengeance. For a decade they struggled with doubt, as this world they labored to protect not only rejected them…but seemed better off without them.

Finally, with the heroes they had grown up serving alongside retired, dead, or fallen, Axiom’s limitless strength failed them.

One day, Axiom was summoned by a hero team called the Collective of Justice to help them curb an army of villains calling who were swarming the white house to take it hostage. While fighting, Axiom was assaulted by several metahumans, and cast down into the White House. Stunned and unable to react, Axiom’s fall killed the President as he ran for the safe house.

When he recovered, and tried to look for a medic-hero in the fray…
Axiom realized that he could no longer tell which of the men in the sky were his friends or foes. All murderers, all destroyers and wanton madmen.

And now, because of his weakness he was one of them.

In uncontrollable rage Axiom crippled the entire battlefield, “nonlethally” dismembering or disabling hundreds of metahumans even as they turned against their new foe. After the day had finished the ground was littered with countless supers, either paralyzed for life by their injuries or dying of them.

Axiom left earth, abandoning it while they meditated on Jupiter and attempted to rationalize what had been done. By the time Axiom returned, what remained of earth had been ravaged by internal conflict to an unrecognizable account. Maddened with guilt and fury, Axiom found the last survivors (a group of scientists plotting to rebuild the world with refugees from other worlds) and forced them to use their device to send the “last hero” from a dying world (sabotaging the machine so maroon the scientists on that earth there forever).

Now Axiom has come to a new world.

This one is theirs now.

No one will destroy it.

No one will take it away.

Ever.[/details]

6 Likes

Name: Malware
Other aliases: ——
Abilities/weapons: The ability to infect other machinery and take it over, steal data from it, or make it self-destruct. The ability to teleport short distances by glitching out.
Faction: Villain, but really just works for himself.
Description or picture: Fairly average, if slim, human male build. Black hair, black long sleeve, black pants, black shoes. The whites of his eyes are black, as are the pupils, while the iris is a glowing light blue. Usually wears shades dark enough to hide his eyes. At first glance he looks sickly pale white, but his skin is actually a very light blue. Parts of his body ‘glitch out’ every so often.
Bio: No one knows where it came from, not even itself. It seems only semi-sentient, only to the point of completing its main directive: cause havoc. It seems to something along the lines of mutated code.

@Kirathel
@Runa
Accepted. Join any time.

Name: Kaleo Keen
Alias: Resonate (Soon to be hero name)
Abilities: Silent Touch is a ability that extremely amplifies the sense of touch. Kaleo can feel sound waves and changes/motion in air. He can also learn a person’s projected emotions just from touching them. He can feel irregularities in the air, such as an object breaking the sound barrier or getting near the breaking point. He can also use his touch to hear as well, and it acts like sonar.
Faction: Soon to be Hero, He’s looking to protege’ under on of the many heroes at his city. (The place we’re at now)
Appearance: Short brown hair and emerald green eyes. He has a scar parallel to his eyes on his forehead. It’s from a sharp piece of metal that cut his forehead. He is 5’ 7” and generally wears a red plaid ■■■■■ with a black t-■■■■■ underneath. He generally also wears blue jeans.Tied around his wrist is a homemade leather bracelet his older sister made him, when he was young.

Bio: Kaleo fell in love with heroism. He desired to be like them and save the city from the many dangers that lurk in it. He is the only person in his family with powers and so he decided to seek out a hero to study under, to learn what it takes to be a hero. He used to train in secret, so his sisters wouldn’t worry about him. He has two of them, an older sister and a younger sister. His dad works at a plumber. He lives in the suburbs of the city and is not used to the big city yet. His scars are from his dangerous secret training that he did to get stronger in his power.

Accepted. Join any time.

1 Like

I’ve changed Dave enough (mostly nerfed him) to warrant a new sheet to his character, so for reference
Name: Lance Vienne (formerly Dave Scott)
Other aliases: none
Abilities/weapons: he has liquid based shape shifting, though his prosthetics cannot be shifted anymore then to adjust to the size of a humanoid form.
Weaknesses: his prosthetics cannot be shifted, and if something remains in the wound he cannot seal it(though he’ll need.medical attention in the long run for wounds) his metal heart(after Runa wounded him his heart had to be replaced due to not receiving medical attention fast enough) if this is destroyed/cut off from his body for long enough he’ll die.
Faction: neutral, though villan leaning
Description or picture:
A tall pale skinned man with a short clean beard, he has long blonde hair loosely tied. He also has a clockwork hand.

1 Like

Last character I’m making for the time being… I may have thought of too many character ideas. I’m going to limit my amount to five at most, for the foreseeable future, but I might keep it at 3 for the time being.

He’s an alien species, which I’m planning on expanding on in the future. That’s enough out of me, here’s the character.

Name: Grid
Alias: Gridmaster
Species: Celestial
Abilities:
Gridmaster is a being from the oldest of days. He controls energy within a set distance around him, around 3 yards diameter. In this energy zone he can twist or redirect energy at will. Though this does not make him invincible. He is unable to manipulate plasma or electricity, as his own body tends to be made of these in the inner layers. He can create thrust points at his palms and at the bottom of his feet. At his back two more thrust points appear for speed and stability.

Outside his energy zone Gridmaster can create a grid of glowing string, made of primordial energies, similar to plasma and electricity. He can shape objects on the grid and create walls or offensive spikes on the grid. The grid extends the diameter to twenty meters, in all directions, it’s a 3-dimensional grid.
Appearance:

profile of head

face armor removed

Faction: None, other than joining forces his his brethren Celestials.
Bio: Gridmaster is an alien, with a strange face and his kind is known for their metallic appearance. The Celestial race is primarily made up of primordial energies and metallic bodies, though there are a few exceptions to this classification. The Celestials act as overseers over the galaxy, only appearing if necessary. Gridmaster found earth, a class 7 world, to be in State V, or unidentified interaction with unknown beings. This could be a problem

One thing to note is the class system is that the lower the number the supposedly higher and more advanced technology it has. According to the scale a 0 would be almost god-like, while a 10 is like the stone age.

Accepted. Join anytime.

1 Like

Name: Ignition of the Flames
Alias: Firemaster
Species: Celestial
Abilities: much like Gridmaster’s own abilities. Firemaster can create a spherical field around itself. Inside the field, Firemaster can create flames and manipulate heat and fire in the twenty meter diameter field.

In the 3 yards closest to Firemaster, it can manipulate plasma and similar substances. Such as electricity. This however is not a total control, but a slight manipulation of it’s charge and course of direction. Same weaknesses as Gridmaster.
Appearance:
Much like Gridmaster’s but more clockwork design and a more feminine appearance. The Celestials early on choose their appearance, when they are “born.”
Firemaster has a clockwork/steampunk body, similar to ‘her’ sibling’s(Gridmaster) body.

(Rough sketch of Firemaster)
Faction:
Celestial Negative (basically less kind Celestials, you can consider Gridmaster to be a Celestial Positive)
Bio: Gridmaster’s sibling, though they often have differing opinions when it comes to politics. She is an overseer who watches the conditions of many Celestials, watching the galaxy for cases to send other Celestials. Kind of like Heimdall, from the movie Thor, where he watches over the Bifrost. In this case Firemaster controls their wormhole transporter, and she has a communication device to contact her coworker who is currently in her stead.

1 Like

Accepted. Join anytime.