Majestic League VOL. 2

“It’d be pretty anticlimatic of that were the case.”

Jacob shrugs.

“I’m not complaining, cheating death probably gave him some bad karma or something.”

“And how do you suppose to keep it better? It can’t be. It’s already a chaos”

“Thanks.” Runa said as he walked in and to a table. “So, any other things you want your weapon to have?”

If he looked around, he’d see a bunch of scattered parts, some setup for making chemical compounds, and a robotic arm on a shelf beside the ledge he stood at, along with an opened chamber/shelving unit thing on the wall nearer the entrance, inside of which were strange devices on a rotating turntable, with labels underneath them.

Kaleo glances at the tables,
“Well, if a gun doesn’t work, how about a well-made cross bow? That should be great with range and have none of the disvantages of a gun.”

Runa pokes up. “Perfect. We make one, but it only has one bolt that doubles as a blade, and retracts via a steel cable. That way you have melee defense, and a way of hitting things at a high to mid range.” He starts tapping away at…what seemed to be the air. “You can look around if you want while I work. Just don’t break anything or try to kill me.” He said.

Kaleo chirps,
“Sounds good.”
He kneels down and reads the labels, wondering what was in them.

Four were actually visible, with the others being on the other side of the motorized turntable. They were labeled as such:

Project: Keeneyen
Project: Gardna
Project: Judgement
Project: Sol

Gardna was empty, however inside Keeneyen’s slot was what seemed to be a metallic looking wolf skull*, inside of Judgement’s was a winged-lion-inspired designed laser that seemed about as big as Project: Runa’s forearm, and inside Sol’s slot was what seemed to be a half-sphere, white in color, about the diameter to fit snugly in one’s hand. There was an arrow on either side of the opening pointing away from it.

Kaleo smiles,
“Cool stuff.”
He turns the turntable to see what else there was there.

The things he’d see before they looped around to the same ones went:

Project: Helix

This seems to be made out of two cannons, one a gold-ish red, the other a silver-ish blue, attached to a turntable which seems able to connect to something else, the way Judgement could. They’re both a bit longer that Runa’s forearm, and they seem to be able to detach from each other and fall to the wayside, as if they could spin similar to helicopter rotors.

Project: Knockout

This slot was empty, however it seems to be the most recently added one. It looked like it held something similar in size to Judgement or Helix. Beside the area for it, though not expressly labeled, were small slots for vials like the ones he might see by the chemical lab.

a computer screen showing the names of other projects, along with short descriptions and statuses.

It listed Project: Excellerator(Status: Active), showing a picture of the ship, and Project: Lead(WIP), which had no descriptor.

and Project: Bladearm

This one was also empty.

1 Like

Kaleo chuckles,
“You have a lot of weapons.”

“For lots of situations.” He responds. “Can never be too prepared. Only problem is not all of them can be carried at once, so I have to know what I’m up against first. Otherwise, I just go with this default sort of setup.” He lifts up his arms. “Either that, or replace Gardna with Keeneyen.”

OOC: BTW, Keeneyen basically looks like Bulk 2.0s wolf helmet thing.

1 Like

Kaleo nods,
“So having specialized weapons to respond to different situations is preferable?”

Cellulitis leans against his car door. This is the last place it might be. He walks into the store and wanders the shelves. It’s here. A high quality electromagnet sits on the shelf. It’s rather expensive, just about 1000$. Adam sighs and grabs his credit card out of his wallet. He brings the magnet to the counter, ready to pay for it.

“I’d say it’s more of a personal preference thing.” Runa replies as he works. “You can either have one weapon that’s good in most situations, or multiple that are good in specific situations. Single, there’s some that it isn’t good for, or times when something more specialized might be better, but with multiple, there’s the hassle of changing mid-fight if something unexpected happens and you don’t have the tools to fight it. That’s why I’m also equipped with lasers in my palms and fingers, so I have a general weapon, along with more specialized ones.”

Gridmaster processes,
"Order is simply the protection of the universe and its beings. As long as they survive collectively I can do whatever to protect it when it is threatened. Wiping out half a species isn’t off the board as long as the other half survives. This is why I am concerned with your situation as you are the last of your kind. Order is only the continuation of the universe, as long as I commit to that ideal, any sacrifice is forgivable"
(@Toa_Radrix)

Kaleo questions, noting what he learns in his mind,
“So, having a sense of both is the most preferable?”

“If you can manage it, yes.” He responds. “But right now, we’re just focusing on the basics for you.”

Kaleo nods,
“Understood. What are you thinking for the basics?”

He holds up the finished product. It was in the shape and rough sized of a sawed-off shotgun, however the barrel would be replaced with a short sword blade. In the middle of the blade was a thin barrel, and near where ammunition would normally be loaded was an open area, which was empty. “Teaching you how to use this. It’s a bit different from what you said, however I think it’ll work just as well, if not better.” He sets it down and starts rooting through a drawer. “Now I just need to get the power source out.”

Kaleo asks,
“How so? Will it be different in function or by design?”

“Using it as a blade will take some getting used to, as well as other features not immediately discernible.” He stops as he pulls out a small green crystal, similar is color to the one in his chest. “Hm. I’ll have to be more sparing. Almost out.” He muttered as he put it into the machine, which then might a slight whirring noise before returning to silence. He picks it up and hands it to Kaleo. “Let’s head outside. More room.”