Majestic League VOL. 2

“Thanks. Designed it so I didn’t half to take the mask off.” He responds in between bites. He then sees Kaleo’s reaction. “Hey, you okay?” He asks, standing up.

Kaleo eyes ■■■■■ at his gaze. he says quietly,
“Shock wave…shock…numb…”

He goes over to him and examines him, looking to see if any other problems had arose other than just a state of shock.

His body seemed numb, which caused the slurring of words, this appeared with the recent shock wave, from the careless flyer that was in the sky for seconds. The flyer seemed to have the appearance of a metal suit, but it had no wings.

Runa logged that thought and moved Kaleo to the back of his ship, raised his legs above his head, and kept the room and a comfortable temperature, while equipping Project: Keeneyen to measure his vitals remotely. If he got too much worse, he’d take him to a hospital. But for now, he just treated him as one would a victim of shock.

The effects were sudden, but Kaleo did stabilize a bit, he seemed more in a pain, and the small/cramped environment seemed to help him calm down. Kaleo his numbness was a better, but fully recovered. He smiled,
“Did I mention I hate air shows?”

"Don’t worry, I can hold it myself. " Skarpix slashed his tail out, ready for attack

@Toa_Radrix
@Jcton
The SWAT teams continued to aim at the two aliens. “Prove that you two aren’t hostile, then.” The team Commander said. “We need to know that you can be trusted.”

Gridmaster replies,
“I’m sure you can…”
He looks at the SWAT Commander, (@Mctoran)
“If I was out to kill or enslave humanity you would already be dead. However, I haven’t done so. If that clues you in. I’m not here to be on anyone’s side. I’m just here to provide protection of this alien, who is the last of his kind.”
Blue lines shoot out and create a 3-dimensional grid. They stop about twenty meters from Gridmaster. Inside the grid, walls form and surround Skarpix (@Toa_Radrix) and Gridmaster. The walls seem to made of something similar to plasma.

The SWAT team lowered their rifles. “…Very well, but we’ll be keeping an eye on you.” The Commander finally said. He made a motion with his hands, and the SWAT teams went into their trucks and drove off.

Gridmaster’s grid and walls disappear back inside him. He nods,
“I’m happy you understand.”

Meanwhile, The Plague Doctor was experimenting in his lab. He filled his syringe with a small amount of the fluid that Lance had given him. Then, he brought out a dead rat. The Plague Doctor injected the fluid into the rat, and watched as it twisted to life. For a moment he thought that he had succeeded. However, the rat began to become rabid and monstrous. Disappointed, the Plague Doctor shot the rat, putting it once more to death. I need to conduct more research…

@Traykar
@Ghidora131
The van ended up in a traffic jam.

Runa let’s out a sharp breath, like a half-laugh. “It was implied.”

Kaleo smiles, “I should be fine. I’ll just need rest and quiet…absolute quiet.”

I think we’ve waited long enough
dont
you
think?

IC: Elsewhere…

Dr. Maxwell Grant ran through the shelter’s corridors, his right hand grasping a small key tied to a length of cable, and the other holding his authorization card. He came to a stop in front of one of the decontamination doors, swiping the card once, twice, three times. “Open, open, please God God open-”

The sound of the automatic defenses firing rapidly reached his ears, and another wave of panic tore through the scientist’s heart. He stole a glance behind him, toward the end of the corridor several yards away. Shadows loomed large, and the sound of the guns fell silent.

The sound of the second wave of defense activating roared now. From his position by the door Maxwell could see the shadows of the defense drones moving. Their orichalcium-synthetic claws swinging violently like a madman’s shadow play.

Grant swiped his card again, swearing in a horribly unprofessional manner. “It’s me! Grant! Open the door! Open the godda-”

The sound of metal hitting metal rang out, and he swung his head toward the source of the noise. One of the combat drones lay broken against the wall facing him. The machine raised a hand, as if struggling toward him.

Grant began screaming for the door to open again, but his screams died to silence a moment later.

A shadow, no, a man, stepped around the corner. Without pausing he raised the red-tipped spear by his side, and buried it in the struggling robot’s head. The man turned the spear violently, savagely deforming the machine until its head was an unrecognizable mass of metallic debris. And then he turned toward the scientist.

The eyes

like glowing suns

of righteous, savage, fury

Grant screamed again, falling to his knees against the door as the man suddenly darted forward at an impossible speed. He saw the man recoil mid-flight, as if trying to shy away from the door, but unable to stop. The eyes shone brightly, and Grant felt his body go numb. He wanted to move, he needed to move…but he couldnt’-

The next moment, Grant was flying, and crashing headlong into the metal wall of the interior chamber beyond. He barely felt his back snap, as he fell to the ground and rolled toward the center of the room.

There, he could dimly see the outlines of the other twenty five personnel who had huddled here. They’d had fifty when they started, he remembered faintly. Fifty men and women to finish the machine to save the earth.

The machine which lay about a meter away, its only defense against the humanized storm of rage and anger a handful of unarmed, unprepared researchers.

They were doomed, Grant thought dimly. All of them. From the moment he had returned from space.

Doomed.

The man spoke now, voice like thunder. Imperious and powerful. “You have something I require. Stand aside, and I will let you pass.”

“Pass? To where?” Grant could hear the voice of one of his co-workers ring out. A woman, he remembered vaguely. Andrea Knight…or something like that.

Perhaps emboldened by their friend, several of the other people began speaking up now.

“By what right do you take what we built and leave us to this place? We deserve this no more than the others, leave us to our machines.”

“All you are is just another monster, like all the others we outlasted. We’ll outlast you too-”

“Get out of here you abomination, the world outgrew you and your friends-”

The man swung his spear across the ground, the ground carving in half as he swung the weapon. “Move,” he spat in thunderous tones, “Or I shall move you all. Your machines failed, and you will too.”

“Let me pass, or I shall dole out to you the same fate they earned.”

As Grant watched, the scientists tried to fight.

They fired guns of different types, rays and some even withdrew swords or lap equipment to use against him. They threw gas-pellets, and one (to Grant’s faint shock) called out a spell, loosing a bolt of some kind of magic energy at their foe. A storm of death rained down on the lone man.

And a moment later, he stood still, unmoved. He raised his spear, and Grant squeezed his eyes shut.

The sound of bodies flying to and fro

The sound of weapons firing again and again to no avail

The sound of screams, pleads for mercy, and curses

The sound of another wave of defense drones, being deployed into the room and swarming around

And all for nothing

Maxwell Grant opened his eyes once again. About five of the scientists remained upright, standing between the man and the large, circular machine behind them. About ten machines stood with them, looking worse for wear but still intact.

The man raised a hand. Black particles, like dust, roiled within his skin, and detached violently. The figure aimed his hand like a gun, and pulled the “trigger”.

A wave of black particles flew forth, blowing aside the remaining figures. The man approached the circle machine, a finger brushing against its circuity. “At last,” he murmured. “My salvation. My hope.”

“You never deserved it, you monsters,” he said in a cold, bitter tone. “You built this and your machines. You will live fine in this world. Keeping our pain to it and it alone. I shall take what value we once had…”

The machine shuddered as a wave of particles swept into it. At its center a portal of light sprung into being, and the man stepped into it, almost reverently.

“No!”
Maxwell could see the figure of Knight, of the other scientists, all diving toward the black figure, the machines following alongside them. They grabbed him, all seizing him as the whole group fell toward the light-

And then…they were gone. The machine sparked violently, and failed. The light died and the machinery fried, and Maxwell Grant watched the lights dying…slowly fading…

And then he closed his eyes.

And faded too.

In the city, a flash of white light appears over the city. A moment later, six humans and ten robotic figures fall from the sky, and toward the central area in the city.

3 Likes

Manpower punched the steering wheel in frustration.

1 Like

Switchblade guessed by the sudden extra amount of exhaust seeping into the vehicle and the immediate lack of speed that there was a bit of a holdup. “What I would give for the ability to magnetize cars…”

Runa sees this as he walks out. He walks back in. “Kaleo, stay here. I need to check something.” He runs out and extends his wings, taking off into the sky.

@Jcton
@Toa_Radrix
@Kirathel
Gridmaster and Skarpix would see the figures falling to Earth.

@Ghidora131
@Traykar
Manpower and Switchblade would hear some struggling and chaos, then a few gunshots. Suddenly, the traffic cleared up, and they were free to move. As they drove by, they would see a few corpses littering the road, with bullet holes in their heads.

“What tha…?!” Skarpix looked as they fell