Majestic League VOL. 2

“About time.” Switchblade sneered. Not that he could see the carnage from his position, but it wouldn’t have bothered him anyway.

However, he could see what was happening in the sky. “What the-?! Panmower, don’t tell me that’s your family!”

“Khan, get downtown!” Khan pauses in his patrol, raising on hand to tap his earpiece.

“What is it?”

“Flashing lights and unknown objects appearing above downtown. We need you there asap; we already have a load inbound.”

“I’m on my way.” If they were already mobilizing a load, they were scared. And if something was scaring the agency, it was worth his attention. He turns and sprints back the way he came on his way downtown. He briefly notices a pair of figures near where he had found Plaguemaster’s body, but ignores them. They were the retrieval team’s problem. (@TheMightyObsidianDude @LTVmocs @Omega_Tahu)

1 Like

Jacob notices the conspicuously dressed individual running into the heart of the city at full pelt, and stops in his own tracks, watching him leave.

Wait, don’t I know that guy from somewhere?

The Plague Doctor looked up to the sky, unfazed by the falling figures. This is a weird, screwed up city He thought, shrugging and returning to his experiments.

Gridmaster glanced at the figures and just about shrugged.

“Talk to me later, I’m trying not to hit dead bodies in the road.”

1 Like

Todd walks over to rejoin Jacob after Lucy presumably? left. “Do you know that person?”

“I think so? I think he was at that ball. Pretty sure he’s a hero. Wanna go after him?”

“Oh, yeah that’d be a good idea. Maybe he has an idea on how to join.”

Jacob shrugs.

“Worth a shot, right?”

“Yeah.” They presumably begin to follow Kahn.

Khan is moving fast, almost out of sight by the time the duo makes their decision. He stays low, making his way downtown and ignoring most everyone around him. He shows no indication of noticing the people following him.

Jacob picks up his pace in an effort not to lose him.

As Runa ascends he can see the figures falling. One of the humans, noticeably darker than the others, seems to come awake. One of the machines, and then another, dive toward them and the three seem to fall away toward another cluster of buildings.

One of the other machines seizes a falling human, and jets on its back suddenly activate. Another follows suit, and the two rocket toward Runa. One flies past him, and another dips to careen toward the ground about in front of him.

One of the humans falls against a taller building and flies sideways like a broken ragdoll.

The remaining human and three of the machines move, the machines seizing the human and ferrying them toward the ground. The remaining four robots do not move, but merely keep falling.

One or two of them break course as they fall, flying off toward seemingly random spots of the city.

@Omega_Tahu @TheMightyObsidianDude

Funnily enough, two of the off-course robots seem to be heading toward them.

At a very high speed.

Runa falls to see the one in front of him, inspecting damage and just what in the world it is.

He hears the human in the robot’s grasp scream as they let go, the two careening toward the ground.

The human is an older man, in a grey coat that doesn’t look that fashionable, and the machine some kind of insectoid-humanoid with long claws and a gun of some kind fashioned onto its shoulder. The robot’s eyes are black and dead, perhaps having run out of power to sustain its flight.

The human falls.

@Ace
The Chem-X employee arrived at Lance’s apartment again. “Hello, Lance. It’s time for the next transaction.” he said. “How did it go for you last time?”

“peaceful and professional,” he replied

The chem-x guy nodded. “Good.” He looked out the apartment door. “You can come out, now.” He called out. A man in a dusty brown trench coat steeped into the room. “Hello, Lance. I’m detective Pierce, and I work for the CHPD.”

“how may I help you?” He asked, with a raised eye brow