Majestic League VOL. 2

A nurse in the middle of a rock-paper-scissors game looked up to see Project: Runa and the injured man. “On it.” He called up other nurses to assist him and they transported the hospital bed into an operating room.
@Kirathel
“What are the injuries?” He asked.

@Ghidora131
A fly landed on Switchblade’s eye.

Runa hands the man(@Kirathel) off to the nurse, then goes to a waiting room to wait for when(and if) he wakes up.

As he was treading between a state of sleep and consciousness, Runa would see a man in a black cloak standing over him. It was the Plague Doctor

OOC: A little bit of a mistake, I meant if Kirathel’s guy woke up. Runa wouldn’t be so dumb as to fall asleep in the middle of a public area seeing as how he’s well known and likely has someone after his head.

IC: Runa sees the figure. “You.” He responds as he sits there, seemingly doing nothing.

However, he primes his boosters, and action that doesn’t have a visible tell.

OOC:
My bad, didn’t fully read that.
IC:
@Runa
the Plague doctor said nothing. Instead, he dropped a chemical agent into the floor, releasing its gasses. The chemicals would induce a vision in Runa. He would see the city of heroes in ruins, flame and smoke billowing in the air as a large titan of a monster stood above it all, wrecking the buildings and roaring. “I have some big plans for this city…” the Plague Doctor’s voice said on Runa’s head. “Dont worry, you shall play your part…” then, an image of a tarot card would flash in front of Runa:

Then, the vision stopped as suddenly as it started. Nobody seemed to notice that the Plague doctor had even been there.

Runa shakes his head and blinks. My mask must’ve been damaged recently. I’ll need to fix the air filter in it. He instructs the AI in his mask to look up the tarot card.

He would find this:

The Moon is a card of illusion and deception, and therefore often suggests a time when something is not as it appears to be. Perhaps a misunderstanding on your part, or a truth you cannot admit to yourself.

Reversed card (keywords): Unhappiness, Release of fear, Insomnia, Unusual dreams.

However, there seemed to be a double meaning to the card, something that the Plague doctor was hinting at besides the card’s symbolism.

Runa considers this. This man likely believes himself in the right. Thinking that to be a ‘truth I cannot admit to myself,’ or things ‘not being as they appear,’ since he appears to be a terroristic criminal… He thinks. Perhaps it also has a literal meaning…Is he planning to do something tonight?

“How would you like to work for me? We could use some muscle like yours.” Said the business man. “The only requirement for your employment would be a sample of your DNA. In return, we shall provide protection, along with every luxury you could ask for. What do you say?”

@jayzor17
Khan and Lync would receive news of the man who had fallen from the sky. (@Kirathel) they would hear of his hospitalization, along with the hospital’s location.

@Ghidora131
@Traykar
More flies would buzz around Switchblade’s head.

OOC:

I don’t mean to be rude about this, but do you mind? I thought you said you’d be interfering with events less, not more. Unless you’ve got a plot point formed around Traykar’s sideplot (which he’s running just fine, by the way) I don’t see why you need to badger either of us about with things that don’t actually matter in the slightest.
And pinging me with a specific interaction in the attempt to get me to respond isn’t going to do anything if I’m not there, so please be patient with me having an actual life?

IC:

The flies, although interesting with their bizarre attraction to metal, were not nearly interesting or irritating enough for Switchblade to open his eyes. However, if a talking head was enough to interest this voice that ‘Ma’ was worth Manpower’s time…
Well, he’d just wait for his queue.

2 Likes

Khan, as a matter of fact, is still in the middle of that exact event. Who would have thought?

OOC: I’m perfectly capable of handling the information gathering of the agency, thank you.

2 Likes

“I’ll like to know…What do you do with this DNA?” Skarpix looked suspicious on him

Runa goes to the counter and tells the nurse to contact him when the man awakens, leaving a contact number, then leaving to look around, waiting until dark to see if he’d find where Plague Doctor would strike.

OOC: Bit confused but I think Khan, Lync, and Runa are near the hospitalized guy right?

IC: The injuries discovered by the doctors correspond with a staggering amount of shock, and some mild trauma to their ribs. Somehow they seem to have suffered some injury before arriving at their world.

However, their lack of consciousness prevents any immediate questioning.

OOC: Nah, just Runa. Mctoran was just trying to weirdly rope them into it for no reason because we’re still waiting on @Omega_Tahu it was a joke before but I am legit starting to get kinda annoyed now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“Erm…uh…genetic research?” The business man replied, not really lying about his motives.

OOC: Got it, thanks.

“How’s he doing?” A doctor asked in regard to the mysterious man’s condition.

IC: Another of the doctors (currently examining a device checking the man’s heartbeat) shakes his head. “Not good. He seems to be slipping into a coma of some kind, though what is the question. He had some level of trauma coming through wherever he was before, but nothing I’ve seen before explains this.”

The doctor shrugs in a faintly frustrated manner. “Do we have any reports of other men falling from the sky?”

@TheMightyObsidianDude

The robot charges after him, its clawed arms swinging deliriously as it stumbles. It barely seems able to stay upright, but those swinging arms look like they could take out a rhinoceros.

OOC: Is there a designated city center area?

“One of our, ‘business rivals’, has been dealt with, and I just wanted to give her the good news.” Manpower replied.

“That so?” The other man asked suspiciously,“Pardon me for having my disbeliefs ,but you was never known for subterfuge, Leon.”

1 Like