Majestic League VOL. 2

Runa then started dragging the android towards where his ship was parked, calling it to meet him along the way as well.

Depending on where he is, Kaleo might either see the ship take off, or be going along for the ride.

“Yes.” Khan turns and begins running again, making his way closer to the portal.

Kaleo was still inside the ship. He replies to the ship taking off,
“Are you remote controlled? That’s awesome…wait does that mean you or it can hear me!”
He grinned when he said that last part.

He would hear no response from Runa, and the ship’s AI was not intelligent enough for speech, only responding to commands.

Within a matter of minutes, Project: Excellerator would land in front of Project: Runa and open the back, where Runa would pull in the decrepit remains of the robot.

Kaleo looks at the remains,
“I’m guessing you had a long day?”

“You could say that.” Runa replied as he leaned the robot up against a table, then went to his arsenal and picked out Project: Keeneyen, replacing Project: Gardna on his arm and using it to scan the robot for materials used, power source, and other advanced technologies implemented within.

Kaleo smiles,
“Fun…did you ever see who that thing was that caused the shockwave? I only saw a glare of metal in the corner of my eye…nothing else…though I don’t think it was a plane, because why would a plane be so low…?”

“That I did not.” Runa replied as he waited for the results to process(@Kirathel. If you’d prefer I don’t ping you, because I don’t know if you read all the replies or just skim through them, just tell me and I’ll refrain from it in the future). “Could you perhaps describe what happened to me in some detail? I highly doubt it to be a plane, and explaining could help me deduce at least something about it.”

Kaleo revealed what he knew,
“I saw something small and made of metal fly by in quick succession. From what I saw in the few seconds, it did not have wings, and was man-like? I’m not too sure, but it broke the sound barrier and was about as small as a human with no wings. I’m pretty sure no aircraft we have is like that, unless it was some sort of rocket drone, which is unlikely from it’s pin point turn…other than that I didn’t notice much, from what I felt it definitely around the shape of a human, and size…though the speed made everything nauseous…I’m sorry if that wasn’t detailed enough…”

“That’s enough for now. From the sounds of it, it’s likely some sort of…” He trails off as he looks at the robot in front of him. “…Humanoid robot.” He finishes. “Maybe even an early arrival from whatever hellhole this thing fell out of.”

Kaleo nods,
“Sounds reasonable, are they a danger to the city? That we should be actively be looking for.”

At this moment, Gridmaster hung high above the city. He watched the happenings from a incredible distance, mainly focused on Skarpix, who was the last of his kind, and because of that he would keep the alien safe, no matter what.

“There’s some other heroes out there searching for the others as well. I helped with this one, but I dipped out after this to research it and see what makes it tick, and likely a way to defeat it a lot easier than that pain from before.” Runa replies.

Kaleo nods,
“I hope they find it.”

Cellulitis put his machine into his duffel bag and equipped all his gear and protective clothing. He left in his car and took to the streets, hoping to find a whiff of crime, or Runa, if that was possible. He wanted to discuss a way to procure the resource he needed, and if his guess was correct, than Runa would be his best shot.

Gridmaster flew low to the city and slowly landed on the ground. He walked on the pavement, oblivious to the laws of the street, and the cars in them. A car drove into him when he was about to land. Grid stopped the car, by making a ramp with his grid that tossed the car over him, and crashing into another car. The commotion was quickly reported to the authorities and within a half of an hour, sirens could be heard driving closer to gridmaster.

OOC: Other characters should be able to hear the sirens or get notice of the report, seeing if they have access to that kind of thing. If you want them to or if they are close enough.

Jacob follows behind. Though he was a bit stitched from his last run, he’d regained his breath at least, allowing him to keep pace for now.

Runa gets an update about the commotion through the news-scanning software in his mask, along with hearing the sirens faintly. “I think they did.”

IC: The robot seems to be operating off a nuclear power source, dirty, nasty, and very effective. It looks to have been hastily made, in fact the interior skeleton as well, seems to have been made recently.

It’s made of some kind of peculiar alloy, steel, iron, and various harder-to-identify materials that don’t seem Terran in nature.

Aside from the shoulder gun (some kind of railgun in fact, albeit scaled down to the size of an average assault rifle), the robot boasts an advanced AI brain (too damaged to get anything out of it), and similarly advanced motor systems for its limbs.

He grumbles. “AI’s bust, so can’t use that.” He attempts to use a pinpoint laser out of his small finger to cut off a small part of the alloy it’s made out of to put under more intense scrutiny, to see the exact makeup and, more importantly, whether it could be easily duplicated. “If I make some of this, maybe I’ll have a good temporary alternative for my V2 model requirements.” He thought aloud.

Kaleo looks at Runa,
“I’m guessing, it’s not all that useful? Other than mumbling about stronger material, it doesn’t sound too great…”

Cellulitis was deep in roundabout route. He considered going to the commotion, but the fact is that he may be too weak, too handle whatever it is. He drives his car out of the alley and ends up on a road perpendicular to the commotion. Adam parks his blue buick on the side of the road and grabs a shock stick. He sighs,
“Here goes nothing…and from the look of things, my powers won’t exactly work…I hate inorganic, they make everything harder.”
He walks up to Gridmaster in full costume.

Gridmaster was surrounded by police forces. He had his plasma-like grid up, which walls popped up, covering all four sides of him. The police were hesitant on what to do. Cellulitis walks into the street and reports state that a new hooded figure just arrived to the scene, though they have no clue if he is a hero or a villain. He isn’t known by his looks and it’s anyone guess. One of the reporters state that it surprises them that only the police and mysterious man showed up, no known heroes have arrived at the scene so far.

Cellulitis walks near the grid and touches his baton, against the plasma-like wall. The Primordial energies bounced back the electricity and repelled to the ground, flying back around ten feet. Adam laughs,
“I hate being in public, and you sir just made me deal with you by not just being nice and surrendering to the authorities. I won’t make this easy, so you’d better surrender now, before we fight.”

Gridmaster stares at the overly confident human and states,
“The only thing you’re capable of is death by being crushed in all three dimensions, human, you’d have a better chance running. If you get in my way, I’ll be forced to end you.”

Cellulitis charges at Gridmaster, this time he circles outside the glowing grid and tries to come up with a plan. From his encounter with the wall earlier, it seems to not like electricity, so Adam plans to overload that shield, somehow…He parkour onto a building ledge and gets onto a balcony of the second floor. Gridmaster looks at him,
“Do you think I can’t fly, you foolish human…”
Gridmaster hovers above the ground and nears Adam, much of the fight is being broadcasted by news channels at this point and details were being told on the police reports.

“It has a strong shell and an interesting weapon to be researched. A railgun, in fact.” He then hears the reports. He sighs. “Well, at least if it’s in here, I know where it is.” He says as he walks over to his arsenal, switching Keeneyen out, then trying to pick something, eventually going with Gardna. “You can either come with me or stay here, Kaleo, but it seems no one’s at the site the police are reporting on yet.” He walks out the back, then extends his wings and primes his boosters. “So it seems they’ll need some help.”

Kaleo asks,
“What kind of enemy is it? I’m coming but I won’t know how useful I’ll be there.”

Cellulitis taunts Gridmaster,
“Really, hovering…that’s surprising. It’s not like half the people here with a metal suit can fly…Oh wait that was sarcasm, I’m not sure if you understood that.”
Adam took the fight away from the crowded street. Police were following them, firing shots at the plasma-like wall, but to no avail and most likely to a potentially dangerous rebound, so they decided not to shoot, so they wouldn’t cause an accidental death. Adam fled, while taunting Grid, who was rather upset with the human. He ran to his car and drove off.
Gridmaster chased after him, the police with sirens on, behind them. Cellulitis led Gridmaster to the power station for the city, hoping to overload Gridmaster’s grid wall, that surrounded him.