Majestic League VOL. 2

“I believe it said robotic.” Runa said as he took off. “They seem to be chasing a blue Buick heading in the general direction of the city power plant, if you want to follow.” Runa took off towards them, intending to cut them off, or at the very least meet them there. Within minutes he could see them.

Kaleo shouts,
“I’ll follow to the best of my ability, but I can’t fly…welp here plan 1 goes…hey shiparoo…can you follow your master…it would be very nice of you to do so…gosh…I hope he put in voice commands, otherwise I’m running for a bit…”

The blue buick continues it’s path to the power plant. Adam saw a glint of another oncoming flying object. He swerved and took a detour, unsure if the glint was a friendly or another foe. Gridmaster followed, keeping his grid in range to touch the ground.

Runa would follow them, soon coming into view with a bit more of his details visible, specifically color other than ‘shiny.’ He sees Gridmaster. “Something tells me this isn’t the same kinda thing.” He says to himself.

While the ship wouldn’t move, if he went outside he may see a cockpit in the front with no way in from inside the lab area. It seemed to not be locked by any means.

He looks outside.
Kaleo smiles,
“It’s fine~ I did take driver’s ed, this can’t be too~ much harder…”
he looks for any outside buttons, that might assist him with getting in the cockpit.

Gridmaster indeed had a very different appearance. It was immediately clear that it wasn’t using any form of nuclear or known power and it looked almost alien by proportion. Gridmaster had a glowing three dimensional grid that shot from his body constantly. It was similar in appearance to a blue laser, but it roughly ended twenty meters from Gridmaster and walls were formed around Gridmaster, that seemed to protect him. The energies appearance was similar to that of electricity or plasma.

OCC: I’m heading off for tonight. Though I might post a few more before finally going to sleep.

Runa would fire a small laser, both to test effect and to gain attention.

Kaleo would see a button. Inside, however seemed…
…actually quite easy to control. There seemed to be two balls on a control dash that were about where hands would naturally go, with two pedals on the floor and a lever on the right side. There were many other buttons, however none seemed likely to be used in flight, with a button to close the hatch right on the side of the small space, on the other side of the ship wall to the one used to open it.

Kaleo hoped into the pilot’s position and pulled the lever to his right. He assumed it was something like an emergency brake.

The laser bounced off the wall, well not really bounced. It more of was repelled off the energy wall. The laser did cause a disturbance that the suit might pick up, as it was too quick and small for the average person to notice. Gridmaster looked back at Project Runa and snarled,
“So… Now’s there is a another person in my way…what a lovely day to be me.”
Adam glances back when he saw the laser firing and guesses that the other guy is a friend. He waved out his hand, towards the power plant, hoping to relay his idea to Runa.

Runa understood. Sort of. Towards the power plant? Do you want a blackout? Whatever. Maybe it’s a good way to distrupt this field. He flew between Gridmaster and the plant. “Hey, bucket of bolts! Bet your outdated hardware can’t even dent me!” He exclaims, heading towards the plant. “If you can even catch me, that is!”

He’d feel more tension the further back he pulled it, and it would return to normal when he let go, as if it was the normal brakes. The two pedals on the ground had arrows on them, the right pointing up, the left pointing down.

Runa’s suit might be able to pick up small analysis, if it ran tests to identify the energy. It would still be unidentifiable, but according to some calculations, it should act similarly with electricity as it does with high power electromagnetism, or in this case a laser. From the analysis it showed that the energy and Runa’s laser were acting similarly to two magnets with the same polarities and thus repelled each other. The sheild should be able to be disrupted with enough electricity or high power electromagnetism.

Gridmaster quickly flew off after Runa. The blue buic following them behind.
Kaleo tried the right pedal first. He rested both hands on the hand orb things, ready to react for the brake if needed.

The ship would fly upwards, the speed depending on how hard he pushed the pedal.

Runa would shoot a few lasers back, but mostly as a taunt as he flew towards the power plant.

As Runa’s ship approached the power plant, he would see a large industrial sign. It read:

CITY OF HEROES POWER PLANT

Around the power plant was police tape and several FBI vans. Agents surrounded the area, surveying the equipment and taking notes. Detective Pierce was surveying the are as well. He held an ice pak to his bandaged head. “This day just gets better and better…” he mumbled to himslf.

@Toa_Radrix

The business man smiled. “Perfect.” He took out a syringe and drew some of Skarpix’s blood. “Now that that is taken care of, it is time for your fist task.” He said. The Business man lead Skarpix to a building. "Your job is to stand here and guard this building. No one, and I mean no one shall be allowed to pass. And under no circumstances will you leave this spot until further instruction. Understand?’

Meanwhile, a news report was broadcast throughout the city of heroes:

“Many strange things have occured in the city of heroes recently.” The anchor said. “Many otherworldly beings have recently entered our world.” The screen displayed footage of Gridmaster, Skarpix, and the android and the man who fell from the sky.
“With this increasing level of Extraterrastrial activity, It seems as if a “door” has opened after the power surge in the city a few week ago, a door for otherworldly beings to cross over into our own world. Speakign of which, an investigation into the power surge is underway by the FBI. They belive that the event is linked to the villlain known as ‘The Gamemaster’, who has mysteriously disappeared recently…” The anchor straightened her notes. “-In other news, an increasng amount of sightings of a mysterious figure in a plague doctor suit have been reported throughout the city. Specific descriptions of the figure vary from case to cae, but three details are always consistant: he is swift, leaves little to knoe evidence, and seems to somehow be connected o bio-terrorism. Eforts were made to capture him, but he easily escaped soon afterwards. Authorities are now in the process of tracking down and captuing this enigmaic assailant. They encourage the heroes of the city to help in the effort…”

Creative name. Runa thinks, flying closer to the plant.

Skarpix stood to guard “But what should I do jf someone.somehow enters?” He asked the business man

Gridmaster followed Runa, rather enraged with the whole situation. His grid wall disappeared and was reshaped into a diamond surrounding that was sharper and more aerodynamic. He sped up following Runa to the power plant.

Kaleo accidentally floored the the pedal. He quickly loosened his foot and pushed gently on the pedal,

Adam was behind Runa and Gridmaster, trying to keep up in his blue buic.

Runa shot back at him some more as they got much closer, preparing Project: Gardna to deflect any potential attacks.

The diamond shape, repelled the shots in different directions, some hitting the ground or nearby buildings, some flying off to the sky. The same effect could be observed, meaning they’ll need something a bit more powerful to disable his shields.

Runa waits directly on front of the power plant, in front of a part that has a lot of electrical energy being sent out into lines. “Right here, scrapheap!”

IC: Runa is able to cut a small part of the metal out, damaged as it is.

It appears to be an alien…technology of some kind, that resembles metal and had a series of other unearthly elements to it. Strong as steel (stronger even) and able to slowly pull itself back together into previous shapes after being struck.

Strangely, there seem to be marks on it even still, on a molecular level. Something tore this robot near to shreds…

…and across the whole body, if he was paying attention…

…he’d be just able to make out fingermarks, carving some of the rents in the machine metal.

Elsewhere…

A woman in a labcoat runs down a street alone…

Two of the robots fall and impale themselves on a broadcasting building’s antenna…

and

a Man of black

stands atop a skyscraper

and looks down

at the city

his

new

home

@jayzor17
@TheMightyObsidianDude
@Omega_Tahu

IC: A block or so from Khan and the duo, they can see another robot and human, plummeting toward the ground. The pair smash into a building, carving a deep scar in the glass windows until coming to a stop on what looks to be the fifth or so floor of it.

From the looks of things it is a five minute run away from their location.

Edited for double post- Prentice1215

“Holy crap… This is crazy, what the heck is going on?!”

Gridmaster charged at Runa, flying right at him. He was blinded by his own desire to destroy the being in front of him. the diamond shape became sharper and ready to strike.

Runa cut power to his wings and boosters last minute, dropping out of the sky and letting GM run into the line.