Majestic League VOL. 2

Todd follows along behind him.

“Thinner-skinned than me,” Switchblade mused, pretending to be unaware of the meaning. “Although I don’t see what that has to do with- oh.”

His eyebrows and jawline momentarily fixed themselves in a rather embarrassed frown as he glanced back at Manpower. “Now would be a good time for me to shut up, wouldn’t it?”

IC: The voice calls out. It’s young, male, sounds like someone suffering from excessive panic.

“h-hel-help! Pleas-please help! I’m trapped!”

Dimly, Khan can see the shape of two humans in the smoke filled hall. One of them is lying against a wall, and the other on the ground, seemingly trapped under something.

Jacob continues to climb up towards the sound to meet up with Khan.

Todd follows along behind, keeping a respectful two rungs between him and Jacob.

“We wanted you to be here, to witness what you have helped us accomplish.” said the Chem-X man. The Plague Doctors congregated together into a distinct circle formation, surrounding a pentagram. They then kneeled down and began to chant in a low voice. That was when the Plague Doctor stepped out into the center of the circle. While the other Plague Doctors were simply dressed in a robe and Plague Doctor Mask, the leader of the group stood out more. (Basically, his appearance is the picture I used in the sign up topic)

The Chanting began to become louder as the Plague Doctor entered. “My friends, the time is now upon us…” He said. “After many years, many centuries of Planning, we are now ready to serve the purpose that the guild of Plague Doctors had been founded for: to cure Mankind of their corruption and sins, and wipe the slate clean for a new beginning, a reimagined world, where only the strong and worthy live!” The chanting became even louder. “No longer shall we know war, or hunger, nor any other problem with our society. Now is our time, to illuminate the path for all man to follow.” The Plague Doctor brought out a vial of a chemical mixture, consisting of The mutagen, the resurrection serum, and Skarpix’s blood. He then approached a large metallic pole. The chanting was now even louder, loud enough for Lance to distinctly hear: “Agnus tibi numquam, numquam te sit amet neque gonna discurrere et solitudo…” The Plague doctor placed the vial into the pole, along with a vial of the expanding fluid. “Now, witness the rebirth of the human race!” The Plague Doctor declared as he activated the machine. The fluids were mixed together and shot straight up through the pole like a bullet. other parts of the fluid traveled down the pole and through pipes connected to it.

@Kirathel
The Plague Doctor’s mask was removed, revealing a red-haired, freckly-faced man. Blood ran from his mouth. “You think killing me changes anything?” He struggled to say, choking on his blood. “…I am not the one you’re after.” he then sputtered. Detective Pierce held his gun in front of the man’s face. “Then why are you here?” He demanded. The Man grinned. “As a distraction.” As he said this, a projectile of fluid shot up through the spire of the Chem-X building, entering the clouded sky. A rumbling could be heard as the fluid dispersed itself throughout the clouds. The clouds expanded, tainted a crimson red shade from the fluid. The red-haired man smiled, dislodging his body from the spear and collapsing on the ground. “It…has finally…begun. My mission…is now…complete…” the man said, succumbing to death. Blood pooled around his body. Pierce stared at the slowly reddening clouds.

Runa didn’t notice, as he was right in the middle of a fight and did not appreciate it when said fight was interrupted by outside forces.

3 Likes

The red clouds began to gather more tightly together, making low rumbling noises. Pierce looked up at the sky with a feeling of dread, as did many citizens of the City of Heroes. Suddenly, a single drop fell from the sky and hit the ground, sounding like a gunshot in comparison to the tense silence that hung in the air. More drops fell, becoming more and more consistent. It broke into a full rainfall, and the citizens began to panic at the strange weather. They ran around and away from the water droplets, some even screaming. The worried citizens nervously anticipated whatever chaotic event or destruction the rain would cause.
A few seconds went by. And another few seconds. Nothing seemed to be happening. A fee of the citizens stepped outside, even letting the rain fall into their hands. It seemed that the storm posed no threat after all. The clouds then parted, and the storm completely disappeared.

@Ace
Meanwhile, in the basement of the chem-X building, several confused Plague Doctors observed what was unfolding outside. “Um, sir?” One Plague Doctor said, approaching the leader. “Nothing seemed to have happenned.” The Plague Doctor chuckled in response. “Exactly. What’s happening up there is to distract them from what is occurring down here.” He said, pointing to the ground.

Nearby the Chem-X building, in the Eastern section of the City of Heroes, a strange red mist flowed through the pipes and vents in the area. Helpless residents panicked, attmpting to escape the gas. They choked and sputtered, inhaling the fumes and collapsing on the ground, dying within seconds. Moments later, they rose back up, a little bit less alive than before.

And with a deadly hunting instinct and appetite for humans.

The pack of zombies slowly shambled out of the buildings, pursuing those who hadn’t yet been exposed to the gas and attempting to devour them. Attention was quickly drawn to Law enforcement, who arrived on the scene.

@Runa
@Jcton
@Kirathel
A voice came through Detective Pierce’s walkie-talkie:

Pierce, we have a situation in the city's eastern district. Report immediately.

“On it.” Pierce replied, looking up at the Dark man. “…There’s an emergency.” He said to him.

IC: The figure’s eyes contracted in an irritated expression. “Find a way to halt those two, or mitigate the damage until I return.” He waved a hand at the remains of the late “Doctor”, hand wrapping around the spear’s handle. “Find out who he was. It did not sound like he was working alone.”

The man wrenched the spear from the body, rising into the air. A moment later there was a small boom and he was gone, skyrocketing out of sight into the air.

The dark figure flies up, past one of the still remaining clouds. He vanishes from view.

@jayzor17 @TheMightyObsidianDude

The voice calling for help cries out again. “Please is…is someone there?! I can’t…see you…”

The sound of something shifting in the hall is heard. Something made of metal.

A low and unhealthy sound fills the smoky hall.

@Runa

Detective Pierce observed Runa and Gridmaster’s fight, then looked back at his Walkie-talkie. He knew that his assigned mission was more important to him then breaking up a fight, but he also knew that the damage may be worse if he didn’t solve anything now. Alright, Think, Pierce. How do you stop a Super space robot and a cyborg kid from killing each other? he thought, trying to formulate a solution. He then saw Adam/cellulitis parked nearby and began to approach him.

@Ace

Meanwhile, the Plague Doctors observed the carnage in the city through cameras, watching as the zombies ripped people’s bodies apart and ate them outside the building. “What do you think of the show?” The Plague Doctor leader asked Lance. “You helped us to accomplish this, you realize. And for that I thank you. You shall have a place among the worthy in the new, remade world.”

Jacob has reached the top, coming up alongside Khan.

“Crap… I don’t think my powers are gonna help any here, either…”

“it’s a tad cliche.”

1 Like

“How so?”

“zombies?”

@Ace
“Maybe so, but this was how it was described in the ancient books. They are the cure to the Plague.” The Plague Doctor turned to Lance. “And this I just the beginning. There’s still more to come.”

“oh?”

1 Like

“Just wait and see…”

“very well.”

“Have the man be quiet,” Khan orders. He turns momentarily to point at Todd (@Omega_Tahu). “You. Inside.” He turns back, leaping the meter gap and into the breach. His sand flows inside after him, sliding around the edges like water off a cliff. It hangs around in the corners, shifting and spreading to give Khan an idea of what lurks in the shadows of the room.

IC: The interior room looks to be heavily damaged. A robot, or something like one, is lumbering forward, taking steps every ten seconds. It doesn’t seem to be moving regularly, and seems more like its on the verge of collapsing any moment now.

A pair of humans are on the floor, one trapped under a piece of rebar and ceiling material that fell from above, and the other lying against the wall unmoving.

The sound of the robot’s head swiveling upward can be heard.

“Whose there,” the fallen man says in a strange voice. “I can’t see you!”

The robot’s footfalls turn toward the fallen person.

1 Like