Majestic League VOL. 2

Gridmaster scoffs at the doctor, though his mangled face made it hard to speak.
“I am on of the many Celestials charged… with maintaining life in this galaxy. I was monitoring the being known as Skarpix, another alien and the last of his kind. I believe that’s all you need to know.”

“When I met you, you were attacking innocents. Might I know why?”

“Oh, you mean that weird scorpion man guarding the Chem-X building? Yeah, he was burnt to a crisp and killed by the Dark Man who was entering the building with the group.” Dr. William Nonchalantly replied.

Gridmaster grins,
“After eons of monitoring different species under our single law, one might presume that it is easy to judge one’s actions…”
He looks at the doctor,
“I was monitoring him, did learn of his death, though through the stress of battle I was unable to get there in time.”
He return to answer Runa,
“What I mean is you humans tend to be infuriating to be around. So quick to shoot at anything you don’t understand. As for the original reason a human tried to run me over, I didn’t like that so I made a ramp, who knew you never built landing features in your civilian vehicles. Next I knew humans in blue showed up an shot their bullets at me.”

“You said your purpose was to maintain order and balance to life, correct?” Dr. William asked.

“If we convince the people in the city to not harm you unless you harm them, would you then let us and them be if we leave you to your mission, or even help you with it?” Runa asks.

Gridmaster,
“Maintain life, not order, there’s a difference. We are only to save a species from total death. We take priority of a species over a few lives. As long as the entire species doesn’t die we are free to act as we find right. You should be glad I am not like some of the others. Some would set cities aflame to get rid of a small threat and our law allows them to do so, as long as it doesn’t kills the entire species.”
He glances back at Runa,
"No, I will not need much help if my mission is already ruined. As for your current crisis, the infection isn’t likely to kill out your entire species, from what I heard, similar scenarios has happened on other worlds and most of the time, we can’t do a thing, because what you see as an infection can easily be seen as a evolution…Besides Celestial politics are a bit less friendly to other species butting in, that being said your abilities have spiked my interest…all three of you. The young human, you reacted to my speed as if you could feel it, when I flew above the city. I suppose such shock-waves you are sensitive to. The one in the metal armor, you were able to combat me, I do believe while you a bit slow you are able to interact with the bigger galaxy. The one in the mask, you were incredibly quick to ascertain my weakness, which was in the end the reason for my defeat. I do see reasons why I could show you many cases in this galaxy, though at this time, I doubt you have the technology to travel great distances into space…Earth is a bit isolated, not many species around in your section of the galaxy.

Runa nods. “Thank you. So this…“Skarpix” is dead?” He asks. “Well that’s a shame. Is there anything else you need to do on this planet?”

Gridmaster chuckles,
“I’m going to stay for a bit, knowing my sibling they might show up to ridicule me, and they would be angry if I wasn’t here if and when they arrive. Also can you shut that blasted electricity off. I can’t prepare myself for grafting like this.”

“I heard someone say that to me once. And that same person also just so happens to be a cult leader bent on decimating the world’s population. If anything, you may not be that different from him. Many Innocent people will die because of the virus, and you’re just going to stand by and watch? If we can’t stop the Plague Doctor, then the only ‘life’ you’ll soon be maintaining on this planet will be those that walk on all fours.” Dr. William coldly replied.

“Yes. Apologies for that, I didn’t know if you’d try to kill us or not.” He goes to the terminal and shuts down the power, then opens up the tube.

Gridmaster scoffs at the doctor,
“Your kind are resilient. I’m just surprised you aren’t in the process of quarantining the city and sending what you can to lower the infected’s numbers. You know let them die out with the disease, creating a cure for it would eventually create more openings for the infection to spread.”
Gridmaster hovers out of the tube, his glowing grid quickly expands and the energies form around his broken body, reshaping it by heating the metal and creating a surface to add more metal. after he was completed for the grafting process, his body looked like it was like a machine ready for assembly that was missing several parts. He looks at Runa,
“I hate to use Earth metal but may I?”

He nods. “I have some spare metal lying around. Let me go get some.” He heads into the Operation: Green Stone room to look.

Adam walks over to help Runa.
Gridmaster says to the doctor, (@Mctoran)
“Also I might mention that there is more intelligent life than Earth than walks on four legs, so I wouldn’t mind, besides that idiom could be considered racist to the many species out there and is probably one of the reasons why Earth is so isolated. Why would anyone want to live near a neighbor who reads horror stories of different species from space, it’s a bit ugly for anyone who wants to visit Earth.”

“Actually, we are, but that isnt really going too well right now if you couldn’t tell.” He replied, gritting his teeth. “Tell me, would you attempt to wipe out all mankind until only about 100 beings remained, just because you believed you were doing a favor to some imaginary God? It would be one thing if this virus occurred naturally in nature, but this was artificially engineered. It doesn’t belong on Earth, and is disturbing our ecosystem on a potentially devastating scale. The virus isn’t the problem- That we could handle on our own. The real ‘plague’ is the Plague Doctors themselves. They are the cause of most of the city’s current problems, including the virus.”
Dr. William said. “I’m not asking for your help, but if you are truly trying to protect life, then you would help us.”

Gridmaster chuckles silently,
“The life I protect is its survival. You barely need my help, there are many people on this planet capable of protecting your earth, you don’t need me. I’ll see to this plague doctor fellow or fellows, but know this. While many of your kind doesn’t liken gods to exist even their myths can be explained. All myths or legends come from a scrap of truth, though I doubt many of you realize that. Whatever may happens I can assure you that Humanity will not die out, though its populous may dwindle.”

1 Like

OOC: [quote=“Jcton, post:874, topic:47664”]
All myths or legends come from a scrap of truth
[/quote]
And he will end up being right. :wink:

IC: Dr. William quiet nodded. “So, shall we go once Gridmaster is taken care of?” He asked Runa, Adam and Kaleo.
@Jcton
@Runa

He’d see a large hole in the middle of the ground, a guard rail around it, a large drill above it, and some scraps of metal lying in the corner. “Over here.” Runa called, picking up some of the metal.

Adam grabbed what he could carry.
Celestial smiles when he sees them,
“I’m sorry that I didn’t move much my self, at this point I can only activate four thrust points to hover.”
Kaleo jogged over and grabbed what he could.

“It’s fine.” Runa said as he walked back into the room. “Here’s some, and the other two are grabbing some more. I believe that should be enough?”