Makuta Ahkaxx

Updated Story

Made on request by @Gilahu which I can nothing but agree on…I hope this one suit her better.

The Brotherhood -for many an unmovable force until it’s very end, to others simple creations gone rabbit and destructive. It featured many exotic and extraordinary members in it’s ranks…be it in shape, mind or skills. It would be to no surprise that this tall embodiment of Darkness, whom call herself Ahkaxx, was part of the said ranks. In early history of the Brotherhood she filled simple tasks…creating rahi, populating what became known as the Matoran Universe with creative, sometimes even deadly wildlife. It was not until the League of Six Kingdoms began to request War Rahi from the brotherhood, that she intentionally created destructive beasts in order to satisfy the ever-growing needs of the Warlords. Afraid of the Barraki, she never raised a single objection against this cycle until the breaking point when the alliance against the cruel scheming Warlords was formed. As rest of the Brotherhood, she relentlessly fought against the Barraki alongside the Toa, against her own creations and creations of her brothers and sisters alike. After the conflict settled, that what was left fell under Brotherhoods will, Ahkaxx included. This way, a large portion of savage Rahi fell under her command and became her duty to oversee them.

It would not take long and her mentality slowly shifted from being one to create and take care for the Rahi she created to be the one to torture and beat them. Being one to always oversee dangerous beasts, she too acted aggressively as time spent with the Rahi went on. This eventually escalated to near insanity by the time The Archive Massacre took place. Being judged as unstable, Miserix fret to give her assignment over any region in the Matoran Universe. Instead she was given a large production facility to create her new inventive and deadly Rahi, should Brotherhood ever need a brutal force to calm down the riots. Her beasts became generally known as one of the best shock troops in the Brotherhood’s arsenal.

One day, her production was interrupted by the sudden message of the gathering, in which fate of the Brotherhood was to be decided. Curiously enough, Teridax himself was reluctant to invite her, in fear that she would act aggressively and that she could easily interrupt the session, if she became angered. However, to his luck, Ahkaxx remained silent during the whole discussion. Eventually, when the choice of side was offered, she joined Teridax, despite suspecting his intention, only from the plain reason that she thought it could be fun to watch the events evolve. Ahkaxx manners eventually led her to break in laughter as the formerly great Miserix was sentenced to death by his own second-in-command. After that, she returned to her isolated laboratory in order to create more Rahi, hoping they will one day come to be used as weapons of war.

The previously mentioned hopes for her Rahi to be used came true, once the Brotherhood sought to conquer whatever known region was there in their large universe. Not only her Rahi, but Ahkaxx herself took part in some of the battles, becoming a legend among those who survived her brutal and ruthless ways of combat. She grew in to a threat to all of Brotherhoods enemies and as Teridax stated “to the Brotherhood itself.” This marked a new episode in her life. Fearful of her savage methods, Teridax subtly ordered a pair of Dark Hunters to assassinate the Makuta by any means necessary, claiming to pay them whatever price they would ask for. Unfortunately for Teridax, all that was returned to him was pile of scrapped hulls and organs ripped out of their bodies. Thus, he decided to wait with Ahkaxx execution for next several years, for that he had matters to attend to. Eventually, interference of Teridax was not even needed to bring this Makuta down. When The Dark Hunters openly declared war on the Brotherhood, she was sent to command the front lines of several conflict spots where she eventually fell to the Dark Hunters. It is unknown whether or not her Antidermis survived, but she never showed up again after that, which indicates that she did died.

2 Likes

Much better and completely acceptable! Great job.

I personally don’t think Teridax would have “feared” inviting her to the convocation or “waited with her execution” - but at least the last one could be explained by him being busy with Icarax and in Mangaia.

Nothing you need to change.
You could replace the backstory in post one with this one, though, if you want.

Anyways, Ahkaxx now is accepted. Thanks for participating!

1 Like

Well…she could easily wreak havoc in there and thus interrupt the convocation or change it’s course…the wait was only due to the fact he was too busy to change his plan on killing her.

1 Like

Like pretty much every other Makuta could have done, too.
But that wasn’t what I meant. What I meant was, that Teridax as a character doesn’t seem to me like someone who had any reluctance to do anything - he has backup plans for the backup plans of his backup plans, after all.

1 Like

He does…but he also does have doubts…if I recall correctly he was reluctant to release the Rahkshi and it happened several times that his plans have been foiled by accidental mistake or by underrating someone. (viz Vakama and the Vahi) But yes, I think you are right…Teridax would possibly have a solution should someone break in to a fight while they discussed the matter…

1 Like

Ok, I think that pretty much everyone probably is of the opinion, that the fight against Vakama was totally ridiculous as were his “doubts” about using the Rahkshi. Unfortunately it is canon …

In general the Makuta don’t appear as poweful in canon as they should be - I mean, they have 42 powers + mask power. All Teridax had to do was make Vakama stick to the ground with his magnetic powers or pull him to the ground via gravity and than unleash whatever he wanted on the Toa. Vakama ought to be a dark spot on the Great Barrier …

The fight, for sure…ridiculous as hell…the Rahkshi, not so much…they were known to be violent species that turns on anything if they are without orders and as such, they could have been harmful.

1 Like

If I remember correctly there were 3 variants of Rahkshi: “wild” Rahkshi that behaved like Rahi, “normal” Rahkshi that were sent with a specific task and “controlled” Rahkshi that were directly controlled by a Makuta.

One could say that 3/6 Rahkshi at the same time is perhaps a little much to control, but actually all Teridax had to do was say something like: “Get the Avohkii, don’t bother with anyone who doesn’t fight you” and that’s it.
Actually I don’t really remember how they could make Ta-Koro sink into the lava pool. And Onu-Koro was destroyed by Onua. The only ones the Rahkshi actually hurt were Tahu, when he fought them, Kopaka, because he was with the Avohkii and Jaller, because he sprang into the attack meant for Takua - who had the Avohkii.

So I think in the movie it was just said to make the Rahkshi appear totally dangerous. Wasn’t Hewkii fighting 3 Rahkshi at the same time in Metru Nui and winning?

1 Like

Not in the movie tho.[quote=“Gilahu, post:28, topic:22517”]
If I remember correctly there were 3 variants of Rahkshi: “wild” Rahkshi that behaved like Rahi, “normal” Rahkshi that were sent with a specific task and “controlled” Rahkshi that were directly controlled by a Makuta.
[/quote]

wasn’t that dependent on which level of Kraata was in use?

I think the thing is that Rahkshi are living beings. They have their own free will, so to speak, and they can choose, in a sense, to go wild. So Terrihead could say

And the Rahkshi would do that-- right up until someone made them mad. Then they go wild and forget their orders.

I could be remembering this wrong, but at first, all Tahu did was put up a shield before Pahnrak blasted him.

I think that determined how much control and sense they had over themselves. A lot like the aging of an animal

(Sorry, I just like discussing the Rahkshi)

As for the original issue: if she’s a little insane, a la Anjan, this could end badly. Look how well things went for Teri: he lost five Makuta. He kept all the rest (Can’t wait for an exact number) as his new army. Now what if things had turned into a fight? (I mean a bigger fight then that little Mise-Teri spat). There may have been way more casualties.

~W12~

2 Likes