"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

yeah.

these overlap a bit, so maybe 10% of the total mocs are great is safer way to say it.

aka swapping one piece from a set.

Did anyone really expect him to lose?

2 Likes

I think the mocs I dislike the most are the creations that look like someone trew glue and parts against a wall

and the MOCs that are posed WORSE than toyfare models

IDK why but I love this thing xD http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=ab8221c9-acf3-4947-a4ab-b49f8a635c67&sortEntry=false
4 Likes

if you haven’t seen my entry, I suggest going to check it out: http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=07e9f2e6-7434-4ad0-9a58-120cac5dd092&sortEntry=false
I set down my entry and his bottom part has not even moved down a bit! I’ve surprised myself with my own building skills. And I set him down around 5 hours ago

Which do you reckon will suffer when it comes to relevance out of curiosity?

the silver one. Even though thats probably my fav.

1 Like

the story for my entry would be on one of my pictures on Flickr so they’re most likely not going to look at it. :frowning:

this is the story behind mine:
Years have passed and the era of the mask makers has long been forgotten. Knowing that he has been forgotten, he started pulling the strings of destiny from within the realm of shadows, eventually gaining an army’s worth of supporters that he calls the Champions of Makuta. He even tried to pull the strings on any events, even small ones, that will benefit him. After being set free from the Shadow realm, he was quickly defeated by the heros of today, shattering his body and completely destroying his legs. But Makuta was not done yet, he escaped the confines of his body and, by using his original body, created a template that his champions used to modify and improve him. They created parts from scratch, melting pure gold for his armor, they even stole very high-tech technology to make his brand new body. Entering his new body, pistons and energy sources hummed to life. He easily swatted the heroes with no effort and went all over the world, corrupting the preserved masks of the toa, including the mask of creation. He manage to almost completely drain the mask of creation but he couldn’t take any more power from it. Now, armed with his newfound powers and strength, he ripped a whole in the space-time continuum. He led his forces, both robotic and bio-organic, and charged the stronghold of Ekimu and Makuta, For Makuta Fanau wanted to harness the potential of his projects long perished by time. Did he end up winning in the end? The outcome was lost to time.

Edited for double post -legomaster

1 Like

I can’t quite say I gues a bit of both. when I look at your scorpion I see makuta in a scorpion form and the other one I see a big demon/beast makuta. But the silver one (pardon me not knowing the names) I just see a cool MOC with makuta refrences with the hammer and the necklace

Mind you I didn’t bother reading any backstory :sweat_smile:

That’s really cool, albeit not related to Makuta at all

I think that you’ll probably win something, but it’d probably be the other two mocs you entered who win. the silver one is just to far off, and the Makuta aspects feel tacked on imo. I’ve said this all before tho, haven’t I. XD

1 Like

my creation came down to me wanting to build on a large scale. then I made the animation inspired MoUP then I started

The Only thing I wish I had made was a good weapon.
I had an idea for a weapon but I needed alot more of the kylo ren lightsaber piece

I had this really cool flame patern going but I needed alot of those connectors to make it work.

I think I executed the colors decently. didn’t see many creations with purple and orange.

9 Likes

Yeah I feel like a giant mace sort of weapon would have looked cool

1 Like

the sad thing is I came up with a really good hammer design yesterday at 11 o in the evening :confused: and since I had to be up at 6:30 I choose bed.

I also made a sort of scepter. but thought that it was ugly.

Unfortunate, lots of people were caught out by the closing time of this contest

My idea for a Makuta moc was a puppeteer with a skull villian puppet

I’m pretty sure someone entered something like that

1 Like

And I thought I was original… :sweat:

Link? or do you not have it?

1 Like

it was a LDD model though.

Its called the shadow man

1 Like

-5000 respect points

+5 respect points for cool name

Grand Total: ? (need to find the moc)

1 Like

I have to say for an Ldd model it was really good.

and this thing triggers me

8 Likes

I don’t think it was ldd, that our we’re thinking of different entries haha