"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

Apology accepted.

also, allow me to help ya make sense of this-

for the colors, the distribution of Trans-orange and purple does seem a little random. Granted, it’s probably like this to fill in gaps, etc.

meanwhile, as for the anatomy,the hips and shoulders are the same width, while the waist is really off, looking like a triangle got stuck into the top half of the hips.

apologies for the description, it’s a long way of saying there’s no real transition from the hips into the waist.

As for the legs, i feel as the thighs need to be bulked out a bit more, to match the width of the kneecaps. other than that, and making sure all the shells are aligned (which is a pain- Trust me, I know.) you should be set.

also, the one Mask of Water is really off, so i suggest making that chain bigger and more apparent. (thtow some studs on both sides of the mask chain in trans-orange if you’re using Hewkii’s chain?)

Other than that, welcome back.

1 Like

Hey guys just wondering if you could tell me whether you think the red works? I don’t have any trans colours though trans purple would’ve been my choice.

14 Likes

Way, way better, he looks amazing.

1 Like

looks more like an accent color.

overall, i’m not a fan. Also, could ya close the guy’s mouth? He looks kinda like a slack-jawed idiot just standing there.

yeah I can close it haha, just think it looks cool like that. Also what colour do you think then? Dark blue seems pretty cool

to me, tbh, open jaws honestly dosen’t look good unless in an EVA-Unit 01 type roar, or speech

and metru blue would get drowned out in that color scheme FAST

ok then, what colour would you recommend?

IDK, metru red looks ok.

I’m just not a fan of the MOC in general, but the Metru red is fine.

Oh, how come? and what could I change to make it better?

there’s nothing inherently wrong with it, it’s just my tastes, that’s all.

Ah right fair enough :slight_smile: . I mean if it is the colour throwing you off I have got a couple of pics with just silver and light grey

1 Like

I think some blue or purple would look good on it.

1 Like

Perhaps blue, I think metru blue would fit with the silver.

That’s one heck of a moc there, but I agree, it’s not much of a “Makuta.”

3 Likes

I have to agree.

This is what I have built, currently. Not sure If I should do any more to before I submit it.

1 Like

@D_S , @Hutere , and everybody else.
ATTEMPT #1:

NAME: Makuta
#FAILED.

ATTEMPT #2:

NAME: Makuta, Lord of Shadow

Now I have this.

Introducing Makuta, Lord Of Dusk.

"Many years after his banishment, Makuta has managed to activate the Temple of Light in the Shadow Realm, a feat which allows light into the Shadow Realm, creating a Twilight Realm. However, in order to balance the powers of light to the powers of shadow in the Twilight Realm, the lights of Okoto have been extinguished, casting it into darkness. Will Ekimu be able to restore light to Okoto?"

This is my third attempt at building Makuta, and will be my second submission for the contest. For my first MOC Titan Figure, I’m pretty proud of it.
With his 2015 Arm-Function, 2016 Hip-Function and frightening poses, this large titan figure has earned his right to enter the contest.

FUNCTIONS:

And some more pictures.

Tell me what you think of it and feel free to ask questions.
Thanks!

EDIT: ENTRY #493!

8 Likes

I’m working on an entry with some classic villain motifs. Cape with high collar, two tones (black and tr. purple, with the tr. purple being used for some mask detailing and the cape) and bat wings (which act as an extension to the cape when folded behind it). Plus, tentacle arms, because I’ve been wanting to use chains of the basic limb bones as tentacles on a villain since 2012. As for the head, I’m trying to recreate the MoUP on a larger scale. A much larger scale, since, in attempting to avoid the tendency of small creations getting overlooked, I made it approximately 50 cm (20 inches) tall. Predictably, I ran out of pieces while making the cape and am waiting on a Bricks and Pieces order.

On a side note, am I the only person here who makes their MOCs almost entirely out (which is to say, apart from the mask and a few Technic beams) of CCBS pieces?

Also, what’s with the weird tendency of entries to be crammed with as many golden pieces as possible?

1 Like

5 Likes

better.

I have a feeling that i’ll be seeing a series of more comments of you trying to strongarm peeps into liking it.

2 Likes

haha funny
and i thought my jokes where bad muhuhuhuh

1 Like

i’m not your bud,friend

1 Like