"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

Finished and uploaded mine a few days ago!

11 Likes

I used sharpie to colour over it. But i think ill change it since one of the rules is no third party stuff

2 Likes

Does anyone have any advice on how to make feet that can support the weight of your model? All my attempts have been either extremely ugly or had too little surface area and connection points to be practical, or, more frequently, both.

1 Like

It looks great. I like the kaita tentacles.

2 Likes

You know, I like the general idea, and the lower torso and upper legs are cohesive, but the rest of the MOC looks a bit random. Maybe you could adjust the chest a bit?

All assuming that you havenā€™t uplosded it/taken it apart yet.

2 Likes

That looks very imposing! Well done!

1 Like

About 50 cm tall, and itā€™s relatively lightweight, since itā€™s mostly CCBS. The problem isnā€™t so much the weight as much as the fact that it wonā€™t balance right without a stable base.

2 Likes

Maybe some claws on the feet will help stability?

Behold! My abomination of a Makuta!

4 Likes

The torso is a bit too bulky and the limbs are too thin.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna have to fix that, thanks.

1 Like

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=b3e69c4b-1d13-4f89-b63c-41ec53652034&nse=true

Submitted my first entry.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ I think Iā€™m going to try to basically approximate the skeletal structure of the human foot (And add two insect-like claws for stylishness). Donā€™t fix what ainā€™t broken, eh? I mean, a double row of slightly slanted but mostly horizontal long bones in the middle, a bit of messing around with ball joints to allow a couple of bone pieces to prop up the back to create a heel and then a bit of work to cover up the sides.

1 Like

Quetzalcoatl? is that you?

2 Likes

My prototype foot design:

As you can see, I basically set up two rows of bones in more-or less the same orientation as those in the human foot, attached claws to each one and joined them where I filled in the areas that would be tissue in humans. Iā€™m planning to add a rear claw as well if it turns out it needs more stability, but I figured four ball joint connection points (plus two pin points 5 modules across from each other, which Iā€™m going to use to finagle in another two joints to keep the feet from bending to the sides too much) is enough to connect it strongly to the body. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Thats a BIG foot! Must be smelly too :poop: Does this makuta have to clean his toes every day? No offense though.

Considering how large the MOC is, this foot is if anything on the small side. I mean, stability is kind of necessary when it comes to combat (and, since I need to take pictures of the result, I need it as stable as possible to allow me to pose it properly), and, since the MOC is about 1/3 to 1/2 my size, I gave it feet that are in that same range in comparison to my feet.

As for having to clean his toes, well, he has only two, spaced out far more than those of a human. Heā€™d probably have to clean them far less often than a human should.

1 Like

Waitā€¦ Is this thing Human-sized???

Nope, but itā€™s 50-60cm (havenā€™t built the legs yet, since I wanted to know which connections I would have to use for the foot first) tall and 25cm wide from shoulder to shoulder.

Looking good! I would recommend pistons, G2 friction pieces. Also any chance you could maybe put up some more photos? Really interested, would love to see the head and body