"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

Yeah I agree haha :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here are two of my favorites:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=ac02c94b-276a-45f3-899d-e17ce42ee036&sortEntry=false

and

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=194b7d2c-d047-4d27-8a77-3b45fd449da4&sortEntry=true

4 Likes

Theyā€™re cool, but they donā€™t seem to have an resemblance to Makuta.

2 Likes

Thanks @DraikNova as the contest said, itā€™s to come up with a new form for makuta which was why the contest had so many submissions as people got to come up with a new aesthetic for the big bad makuta @E-Matt :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve always been more interested in seeing what sort of cool new aesthetics people could make while still making them seem like they fit with the character rather than having the same boring old aesthetics copied from the official version.

3 Likes

Very well put

A good point.

So, should we talk about what inspired our MOCs in this contest?

1 Like

Yeah sounds like a good idea :slight_smile:

I got the idea for mineā€™s tentacle arms after seeing a drawing of an anthropomorphized meat grinder. My decision to watch the original Dracula movie was what resulted in him getting his cape, and his wings were based on pterosaurs.

1 Like

for my entry, I had this idea for a series that there would be this very powerful villain that cam in at season two. He was supposed to have some sort of spider legs, like in my entry. I guess part of it was originally, unknowingly, inspired by the Scopio XV-1 set. Never have gotten it but I definitely want to get it because it looks so cool.

Originally mine was going to have a crown and have a sort of ā€œfalse Kingā€ sort of look, but the crown idea didnā€™t turn out, so I just made him lookā€¦corrupted, slightly more bestial, having parts of his body be a jumble of elemental energy left by the MoUP, this being his right arm.

Inspiration for my Makuta came from multiple sources. The layout of gold armor and hammer came from his original form. The build of the body is a bit of a mix between Umarak the Destroyer, and Play Stipplingā€™s Mocs, which I loved. Nearly all my trans orange pieces (representing elemental energy) went into the build too. The belt of skull masks was the first idea I had for the moc :stuck_out_tongue:

I always like contests, because it gives every builder a challenge rather than having it being totally based upon their own ideas.

Inspiration for mine arenā€™t really clear. I enjoy creepypastas and I guess thatā€™s where "Makuta, Corruption from within " came from. Not really any specific stories, though.

My second entry ā€œMakuta, Lurker in the darknessā€ was came from a kind of pose that several animated characters have. When a character has several blades that arenā€™t held in the hand, they tend to all line up on one side of the character and move in a more fluid motion. Kind of random. Also sort of a spiritual successor color scheme wise to an entry in the Battle for the Golden Mask contest.

My third entry was just based on the galidor parts that were going to be used. I wasnā€™t originally going to enter him in, but it ended up looking evil enough.

1 Like

Yup:
cutesy version
creepy version

Not completely sure how ā€œamorphous mass of flesh with claws in itā€ turned into ā€œlarge mass of tentacles with claws on itā€, but eh, I was sleepy, and as far as things Iā€™ve done while sleepy go, thatā€™s relatively logical.

I actually was planning on doing the color scheme with trans yellow but

1. purple blended better with black, allowing me to use colors like silver, darkish gray, and white as small details.
  2. There were more pieces in trans purple than trans yellow in the pieces used in my entry

Got my Makuta.
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=1f3fb41a-c7ff-46ae-8010-ba7f249119c1&nse=true

1 Like

Well Iā€™m not sleeping tonight

1 Like

Sorry. It was either that picture or an extremely cutesy version of the same. Iā€™ll replace it for the sake of everyone else.

If weā€™re talking about inspiration, mine was Conan the Barbarian :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like