"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

The inspiration for mine came from a lot of multiple sources, but the most prominent one would have to be Ozai from AtLA.

I would say that my entry was most inspired by Morgoth/Sauron from the Lord of the Rings.

time for me to follow the trend my Makuta was inspired off of Chirox my favorite Makuta

Makuta, Master of being really unstable and having hollow legs.

I couldnā€™t figure out how to edit the images to the right dimensions for the contest, so he never got put in. Ah well. Youā€™re welcome to the mask design, if anyone wants it.

22 Likes

I really like the way you used the Piece of Unity to make the MoUP.

3 Likes

When I first saw this I was like ā€œHowā€™d he get the MoUP!?!?ā€ then I realized it was custom, it looks great

4 Likes

Could it be possible to have more pictures of the custom MoUP?

2 Likes

Mine was inspired by kai from kungfu panda 3
But I donā€™t think any of that eventually showed up in the final version :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i am kind of scaredā€¦
i put half my money on itā€¦
ripped down 12-17 hero factory setsā€¦
spending at least everyday thinking of what to prove
sat down taking good shots of the mocs outside in the hot israelā€¦
couldnā€™t get my eyes of it
starting to think that i am a bad mocist , and then prove my self with better thoughts
looking at better enteries , shaking when the contest ends, i get a buzz from any email.

what if i wonā€™t win :joy:

well iā€™ll keep being positve ,
any way good luck guys! i loved all your mocs
i hope that you like mineā€¦

3 Likes

Now that the contest is over I think Iā€™m gonna make some smaller dark souls Mocs, thinking about making Yhorm from dark souls 3 maybe

3 Likes

cool sounds awesome

1 Like

Iā€™m going to finally finish my Meltdown remake, and with the parts from Umarak, Iā€™m probably also going to remake Toxic Reapa. Now that I finally got the translucent lower limb bones, all I need to do is get Meltdownā€™s head from storage.

3 Likes

Hmmm. My Makutaā€™s color scheme was based heavily off of G1 Makuta but I replaced much of the red with trans red and the Krika whitish red parts. The bodyā€™s original concept design/plan revolved around using the ten whitish red parts that I have. The mask was originally going to be a large, black MOUP with possibly a transred circle instead of just black like the rest of the Mask. However that soon changed as I was building it. I thought I was going to have to use Vakamaā€™s fire disk as the circle but then had the idea of using the studshooter instead, which worked out far better. I then began creating the mask around said shooter, creating the top half before encountering difficulties with the lower. Then I had the wonderful idea of combining the shape of the MOUP with the Mask of shadows, so after some minor modifications to the top I proceeded to eventually figure out the bottom. So now overall the mask takes aspects of both masks. I wanted a well bulked out character but not to the extent that he was outright tankish/brutish. I wanted him to look both regal and yet still a fighter capable of brawling with the best. Despite some of his flaws Iā€™m overall really pleased with how he turned out.

2 Likes

@Draiknova @Umarak @ComradeWolfie

Wow, I canā€™t believe the mask is getting so much love! I only spent like five minutes on it lol

Anyway, Iā€™m an incredibly noob when it comes to TTV, so I have absolutely no idea where to post pictures of it for a how-to. Can some nice gent here send me a message explaining that?

Figure that thisā€™ll be the best place to put it.

Oh, I see. Iā€™ll get some more pictures of it as soon as I can.

1 Like

Glad to help :slight_smile:

Would some of you mind critiquing the MOC I submitted? Iā€™m still pretty green to building titan scale sets and would love to hear some thoughts on where improvements could be madeā€“even with photography! Thanks!

My Entry:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=d9fc35ca-30a6-4ce3-ab59-3e1cab7eb46e&sortEntry=false

1 Like

On the subject of inspiration, my entry was inspired by JTO Makuta, Teridaxā€™s appearance in the Miramax films, and the generic hulking gold-and-purple titan aesthetic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually not too bad. Iā€™d suggest using a one-color background. The easiest way to do that for really large MOCs is a white bedsheet, but for MOCs as small as yours, just a cardboard box with holes cut into it (to allow light to enter) will probably do.