"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

so, when do you think they’ll contact people to say they’ve won the contest?

Probably late September/early October.

1 Like

My Makuta entry finally came through! Good luck to all of the entries and may the best Makuta win!

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=0c0b6632-c561-4208-8c10-ade243efeaa6&sortEntry=false

5 Likes

looks cool

1 Like

This is easily my favorite picture I took and put into the rebrick entry.

That’s what he think of the two other legendary masks.

5 Likes

As much as I’d hate to say it, that MOC should hold broken masks in his hands. Looks cool, and the LOSS head works great as a chest piece.

1 Like
  1. how are they broken?

2. why?

Yes because I would break my only MoC and MoCo to make it look “cooler”.

3 Likes

I’m only saying it would look cooler. $6 plus shipping would get you both masks to use for that, just saying.

Also, anyone make a Makuta not using black, purple or red? I wanna see some blue, white, or brown Makutas!

1 Like

Well I mean those are the colors commonly associated with Makuta its apart of his character

2 Likes

I do have a lot of white technic pieces so I might switch out some colors to make an alternate universe version someday

I’d say it’d be a really unique visual effect if it wasn’t banned in the contest.

2 Likes

Not worth the impurism heresy tho.

2 Likes

This is why Bricklink is so awesome.

Masks that weren’t only released in make packs are usually super cheap.

1 Like

Huh. I might need another order soon. For technic beams and more ball joints. For bionicles, I haven’t used all the system ones yet.

And even those aren’t too expensive for the most part.

Hey, TolerantAxe97, I just wanted to tell you, if you haven’t realised it yet, that I used your idea, to connect the upper body to the lower body. I’m talking about your first entry with the drill waist

1 Like

Yeah I remember you saying on the entry that you had a similar idea, turned out great for you! :slight_smile:

it definitely did turn out great! During the building process of my entry, I kept getting this thought in my mind that I should also put it up on Lego Ideas, In an attempt to get an official Makuta set.(with a possibility of all 2016 toa masks in black, the mask of creation in silver, and the mosk of control in trans purple. Yes, I did know that some people actually want a trans purple mask of control, including me )

edit:
Yes it’s made with pieces currently made today by lego

edit #2:
Reason for the different colors of masks is due to the story of my entry.

Years have passed and the era of the mask makers has long been forgotten. Knowing that he has been forgotten, he started pulling the strings of destiny from within the realm of shadows, eventually gaining an army’s worth of supporters that he calls the Champions of Makuta. He even tried to pull the strings on any events, even small ones, that will benefit him. After being set free from the Shadow realm, he was quickly defeated by the heros of today, shattering his body and completely destroying his legs. But Makuta was not done yet, he escaped the confines of his body and, by using his original body, created a template that his champions used to modify and improve him. They created parts from scratch, melting pure gold for his armor, they even stole very high-tech technology to make his brand new body. Entering his new body, pistons and energy sources hummed to life. He easily swatted the heroes with no effort and went all over the world, corrupting the preserved masks of the toa, including the mask of creation. He manage to almost completely drain the mask of creation but he couldn’t take any more power from it. Now, armed with his newfound powers and strength, he ripped a whole in the space-time continuum. He led his forces, both robotic and bio-organic, and charged the stronghold of Ekimu and Makuta, For Makuta Fanau wanted to harness the potential of his projects long perished by time. Did he end up winning in the end? The outcome was lost to time.

Basically the reason for the Makuta Contest.

17 Likes