Makuta Diakur (Brotherhood of Makuta)

Okay, I’m ready. I waited a while before posting an update, and look what happened. I found two ball joints! I’m pretty sure that pipe is as tight as it’s going to be…

Dose claws…
Simple but imposing

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m assuming you mean the current version, cause if you are, see draft 1. If that’s the draft you’re talking about, then I got nothing.

1 Like

All da claws
Preferably draft 2 and 5

1 Like

Ah, now we’re getting somewhere.

That Mahri cable now indeed looks well integrated. Looks pretty finished now. Only the lower arms still look a bit bare (but I know it’s hard covering custom lower arms up properly) and I personally still think the horns are a bit long, but yes, this looks like a proper Makuta now aside from the lower arms.

Ok, just story missing now, let’s see:

Nah, still doesn’t really work. I mean, there are Kanohi capable of allowing their wearer to look into the future, as well as people capable of predicting the future from the stars over Metru Nui (which are Mata Nui’s thoughts), so yeah…

If you want I could try figuring out some story for him myself - might take a while, though.

Well, what I mean is that Deridius can not actually see the future, he just comes up with insane ideas of what he thinks is going to happen and people believe him. He’s a conspiracy theorist, basically.

My point is - there are people in the Matoran Universe who actually do know what will happen (more or less). There’s no reason for anyone to listen to Deridius instead of those people.

Okay, I see now. Yeah, I guess I’m having a bit of trouble coming up with a basis of a story for him, though I guess I can give it a couple more tries. Are there any unnamed Makuta in canon that have not been made yet? What I’m trying to go for in these stories is at a point, Teridax sees Deridius as a threat to his plan, and assigns him (basically banished) to a desolate island with nothing but dangerous Rahi. Teridax hopes the Rahi will kill him on said island rather than him so the other Makuta don’t think Teridax is trying to cover something up.

Great! The pipe barely sticks in anyways!

So the gear and the spikes did not help much… maybe is I added spears or staffs I could make it look like pistons and make it seem less bare…

Hm… Well, I think the horns are going to be the best they can get, I could change the angle of the bar to make them wider, though I feel that would make the mask look larger. And then smaller pieces wouldn’t look quite as good. Man, I really wish we could do the corrupt or mutated versions of a mask (wait, can we?) to at least give it a story reason. I’ll see what I can do

Whoo! Took a while to at least get those to work properly. I’m glad the leg armor looks fine, that is a very strange solution.

Nah, don’t do that. That would just make them appear even bigger.

You probably shouldn’t have mentioned that :laughing: From the front and the back view it looks fine, but now that I’ve taken a closer look at the pictures from the side where it’s hard to make out and thus escaped my attention… it does stick out quite much.

Still, work more on it if you want, but basically you only need a working story for now.

No.

There are so many already… I’d rather suggest you go for a pro-Teridax/neutral alignment. Actually I’d prefer pro-Teridax.

There aren’t any regions left to be assigned to - at least not primarily. He could be assigned to a region after the death of the Makuta who formerly controlled the region, though. The regions of Furtaan and Nevantar, who both died after the Convocation, seem like good choices - but for getting assigned to any of those Deridius would have to be a true supporter of Teridax, I’d say. And both regions aren’t home to any particularly dangerous Rahi (plus getting killed by Rahi is a little overused, too).

1 Like

Actually, I was planning to have him survive the Rahi, but try to escape the island and end up drowning, but I’ll have to change some things. What is the Convocation?

The meeting Teridax called in where he told the other Makuta of his plan and became leader of the Brotherhood.

1 Like

So how much of the plan do the other Makuta know? Everything except for them all die part?

The other Makuta believe that Teridax will inhabit the body of Mata Nui, and that they as members of the Brotherhood will have the privilege of ruling the Universe on the inside. And yeah- they didn’t foresee their deaths!

Edit: and as for Teridax seeing Deridius as a threat to the plan, I think that works due to Teridax seeing all Makuta as a threat to his plan. He believed them to be the biggest threat to him, and that’s why he had them all killed.

2 Likes

That was never exactly clarified, but we can assume that all Makuta knew:
a) They would plot against Mata Nui to seize power for themselves
b) This was to be kept secret until they’d actually strike
c) Striking at Mata Nui and succeeding is possible

I assume that only those who directly worked on realizing the Plan would have known any further detailsabout where, how and when they’d strike. The original Plan also didn’t include killing all other Makuta (at least not right away) - the original Plan only involved putting Mata Nui to sleep and then seizing Metru Nui which would have given the Brotherhood control of the rest of the universe since it was one of the?/ the main power supply for the rest of the universe. Only then the Toa Metru came…

2 Likes

Oooh, I totally forgot about the Metru Nui plot. Gah. They were informed of the later grand plan when it mattered, though- or at least the Karda Nui Makuta were

2 Likes

@Gilahu @Styrofoam
Wow, that actually made it more confusing. Doing some Bio Sector research here’s what I can understand:

-Miserix was the leader in place by Mata Nui during the age of peace.

-The Makuta became greedy and power-loving. I’m assuming this is after the Barraki revolt, making the Barraki the OG villains :smiley:.

-Teridax proposed this great plan to take control from Mata Nui.

-Miserix doesn’t like this plan. Is this because Miserix prefers following Mata Nui? Teridax revolts and becomes the leader

-Toa Metru wreck Teridax and set back is plan until Roodaka saves him.

-Teridax changes his plan as Matoran move to Mata Nui

-Karda Nui is discovered as an entrance directly to waking up Mata Nui

Most of this is just me putting together pieces. How accurate is this?

1 Like

I can see how we were probably counter-productive there. So here goes:[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:38, topic:42953”]
-Miserix was the leader in place by Mata Nui during the age of peace.
[/quote]

Yes, Miserix was the original leader of the Brotherhood. While the era wasn’t necessarily one of peace, the Brotherhood was a benevolent force that acted in the interests of the Matoran Universe at large.

The Makuta were always ambitious and deceptive, so it was not such a stark transformation (So why did they serve Mata Nui? A Number of reasons, ranging from a fear of Miserix/stepping out of line to the sense of duty that had not yet entirely eroded.). You’re right, though. The Barraki were the first to attempt to overthrow Mata Nui, and it was their attempt that inspired Teridax to do something similar.[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:38, topic:42953”]
-Teridax proposed this great plan to take control from Mata Nui.
[/quote]

Yes. Earlier in the year, (79,100 years before Present Day on Spherus Magna), Miserix had sent Mutran in search of “Tren Krom”. Tren Krom was essentaily Mata Nui’s precursor, and he watched over the Matoran Universe until Mata Nui was created. After this, the Great Beings fused him with an island, permanently imprisoning him. Mutran was sent to find him to learn of his intentions; to find out if he was a threat. Instead, Mutran learned the true nature of the Mata Nui Robot from him. Mutran was the first to find out that they all lived inside Mata Nui. He relayed this information to Teridax, who used it to formulate his plan.
Later That year, Makuta Proposed his plan at “the convocation”, an event wherein all Makuta were called to Destral in a meeting.[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:38, topic:42953”]
-Miserix doesn’t like this plan. Is this because Miserix prefers following Mata Nui? Teridax revolts and becomes the leader
[/quote]
Yeah. Miserix stays true to his original purpose, and argues that the Makuta should suppress their ambitious, darker side. Teridax voices the opinion of the silent majority, though, and so Miserix is deposed, and Teridax becomes the new leader. This all occurs in the Convocation, just after Teridax proposed his plan.

Right again! Teridax’s original plan was not to usurp Mata Nui’s body, but to put all Matoran in Matoran Spheres and wake them up without their memory “as their saviour”. The Toa Metru caused him problem after problem.[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:38, topic:42953”]
-Teridax changes his plan as Matoran move to Mata Nui
[/quote]

Indeed. He widens his scope of ambition, and a new plan, the grand plan, comes to fruition within his mind.

Indeed, though less pertinent to the original question[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:38, topic:42953”]
How accurate is this?
[/quote]

Right on, dude :+1:

1 Like

Wow. That’s almost as coincidental as Deridius’ conspiracies were. (Key word= were)

@Gilahu I think that I have a much better story now, though I’m worried the Executioner role has been taken and I still kind of made him a problem for Teridax. Does it work so far?

@Styrofoam

Thanks! You saved me a lot of time explaining stuff there ;).

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Now Deridius sounds like a warrior to me - and I don’t want any more warriors.

No one knew they were inside a colossal robot at that time. Plus there already are several Makuta who were tasked with “keeping peace”. And yes, there already is an executioner - as well his successor.

This sounds like Reppirax…

Wouldn’t work - the Kanohi would have had to been used directly on Miserix, but that could only have happened if Miserix hadn’t already imprisoned Deridius. Plus I deem it very unlikely that Miserix would bother personally with throwing Deridius into prison.

This sounds like Cenred…

No. Doesn’t work. Teridax supervised everything, maybe Mutran, too, to some extend, but no one else.

I’d suggest you try simplifying the backstory a bit in general. Basically I only need these informations: Mask power, occupation, circumstances of death.

I of course don’t want to keep you from writing a detailed backstory if you want to, but it might be less work for both of us if you just give me the basic information I need and let me fill in everything else in the Book of the Brotherhood.

1 Like

Okay, wasn’t really sure how in-depth you wanted us to go, I’ll brainstorm some occupations.

Edit: @Gilahu, I have searched everything people have said on the community moc project, and wrote up this story about Deridius being a dissector, which fits with my latest version using pistons to keep the texture interesting. I’m still not sure about the backstory, I tried to keep it simple. What’d you think? What region would you suggest?