Makuta Diarus: ruler of the galaxy (revamp)

A single being capable of devastating villages with a flick of his wrist, the man who rules the galaxy he resides in, a makuta who never died in Teridax’s reign, this is the almighty Diarus.

I feel this design makes him look better, now he is slightly bigger and has a new body structure.

He has slightly upgraded wings, with a cape also (can’t forget the cape).

And now for the two most obvious changes, he now has a staff and a tiar- I mean crown.

This is a look at my revamped design of Diarus, hopefully he isn’t as controversial or as… “abored” as the original version. But besides that I hope you like him, bye.

14 Likes

You did a great job!

Yes. This version is much better. Great job, my man. I would change the dark green with dark blue or black, but other than this it’s completely fine and I don’t really have any major problem (try to put the back skeleton piece lower, tho).
Now, a Makuta that survived is always an interesting plot point, but, as you know, the biggest problem with your other characters was the power level. From a scale from 1 to 100, where 1 is powerless and 100 is god, how powerful is he?

Dude this is great!

Much improved

We’ll powerless to god is a big jump, so I’d say 17-23 roughly

Anyone else think he looks a bit too much like Tazzuk?

There are many similarities (Cape, crown, wings, Rahkshi head, Silver armour, etc).

But other than that, this is a much-needed improvement! Good job.

3 Likes

For future reference, your setup was better last time. The new backdrop has too much visual noise and makes it hard to focus on the moc.

Well his crown was a bit of an inspiration, I was originally gonna do it as a joke but I actually thought I could change it a bit and make it actually look cool for Diarus.

Well then it seems to have a regular power level.

The colours are rather busy, though the wings are better. I find the combination of wings and cape a little strange, but I imagine that’s just personal taste. I can barely see the end of the staff, so I can’t really comment on that.

Overall an improvement, but nothing groundbreaking.

Those colours though. Definitely cut back on a couple of the shades there - it’s distracting.

2 Likes

Pretty good but that waste could use some work

I haven’t seen the original so I’ll go only off of this one.
The build is rather shoddy, the torso is just an extended Inika torso, but it’s not bulked up enough so it ends up looking awkwardly lanky, if you want to go for a lanky look then go for it, it just needs some improvements.

The upper arms are the other awkward part, they’re simple and affective, but I’ll suggest this minor change, make the axel that connects the claw to the upper joint a 2 long to get rid of the unneeded bushing, replace the connector on the back with either 2 axle ones so it wont move much, or 2 thin liftarms, which will let you add stuff on there, if you’re not gunna put armor there the style you have it now will look more complete and clean.

Lastly, put a Visorak foot on the front or something, to cover it up and make it look more finished.

The colors also need a lot of work, blue and green can work fine, it’s just how many different shades and their placement which is causing the problems.
There’s 3 blues and 3 greens, although there’s very little dark and bright green, just lime.
You’ve got blue hands and feet which is good color blocking, but then the entire upper leg is trans medium blue, and the strange glow in the dark stuff from takadox.
The lower legs are dark gray, which shows up no where else, but it’s got silver on it which is a step in the right direction, I’d recommend making the upper legs less blue and having some lime on them, and the lower legs blue with silver, but you should also try to make them thicker or something, unless you wanna go for lanky, custom builds are always nice.

All the lime is clustered around the top, which could look good if it was more spread evenly and the other colors were better, so either spread it out or work with it.

As I already mentioned, the arms are fine.

The torso is what really bugs me, I just don’t like the look of it or it’s build, and the green bit on the hips isn’t needed, should just be a straight beam to the upper half.
And I really don’t like the lack of coverage and the small chest.

Also you’re gunna need more light for your pictures.
Don’t let this harsh review get you down, I mean it all in the best of ways.

Also he’s got no eyes

I will get right to fixing him when i get the chance, also he does have eyes, they’re just hard to see

1 Like