Makuta Doromine: Brotherhood of Makuta

Name : Doromine

sacred curse (weapon) : dark death

his power/his mask power if he had a mask : physical shadows

His theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Hho0TZoKs

His battle theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPraX8lndI4

Amazing music by retro specter

His backstory.A captured god trained in darkness he always hated Teridax and most of the other makuta never following orders he was given always arguing with Teridax because of this Doromine then began planing to slaughter Teridax and seize control of the brotherhood along with a few prisoners forced to help him .The plan would have worked if the prisoners hadn’t told the guards earlier Doromine soon most of the makuta had turned his plan against him.

Based of shadow of the colossus bosses

first is a size comparison the rest are just general pics of him.

7 Likes

This moc… It looks like it is made out of trash in-universe.

1. The build is pretty weird. Very thin body and limbs and absolutely huge arms.This is very weirs. The head is… OK I guess. A arms is much longer than the other, and this is awkward too. And that hand seems to fell down from the wrist. He have open pins in the head, which is ugly…
  2. The color scheme is OK I guess, but I would add more read in the limbs.
  3. The weapon sword thing seems to be pretty good.
    7,6/10. Really now. Try to change the build.
3 Likes

(my opinion) you’re being a little too optimistic 7.6/10?
this is more like a 4

2 Likes

I used my calculator: the build- 4 the color scheme-9 the weapon-10. But you are right. This moc is horrible.

1 Like

Ok, first the MOC:

Definitely better. Has something very unique to it, too. That… wheel arm in particular I think looks kinda interesting - but also kinda unfinished, you know, like he is some robot still in construction - all of him kinda gives that vibe, actually. Just not sure if a Makuta should look like that…

The main problems I currently see are:

• knees and hips are super skinny compared to the otherwise rather bulky legs
  • same goes for his right upper arm compared to the lower arm
  • upper torso is a giant gap and needs covering, use of teh Shadow Trap piece there also doesn’t seem ideal
  • front of the feet look a little weird
  • left shoulder could need some armor

So there is room for improvement before he can get accepted.

As to backstory:

First off some more punctuation marks might help…

He needs to have a mask (backstory wise) - and Shadow is an option here, since there’s only one Kraahkan - which is worn by Teridax.

No. He’s supposed to be a Makuta. Not anything else.

A little over the top, I’d say. Also arguably not terribly innovative. There already are several Makuta who kinda went into that direction sooner or later.

What I just said.

What is that supposed to mean?

So, yeah… Baykstory could need a complete overhaul.

Ok, I really do not want to hurt your feelings, but I think you should maybe consider dropping out of this project.

It’s pretty obvious that you apparently don’t know a lot about G1 lore, which I feel like kinda makes this project unsuited for you. While your MOCs definitely have certain intersesting elements to them, I also feel like you’re still lacking a bit of experience in that regard. Keep MOCing and your skills will improve over time, but presently, with spots for Makuta in the project being all taken, I’d maybe suggest that you give up your spot so that other people who are also interested get a chance to participate.

Please let me know how you decide.

And always remember: No one started out great :wink:

Its continuing on and gaining experience that makes you improve.

10 Likes

Listen to this man. You only get good with practice.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say this looks that great. My main problem is that the left arm looks way too long and looks weird with the two wheel pieces, as the arm goes from very thin to very thick, back to thin and then back to thick. However, from what I can tell, the head looks like kind of an interesting idea.

In the end, as others have said, the more you practice, the better you’ll get

Edited title for clarity ~ ReeseEH

I think on the whole the MOC needs to be refined a bit, but it’s a pretty good starting place.

I would look at human proportions to help even out the character so they aren’t too lanky.

1 Like

Reminds me of one of the colossai from shadow of the colossus

2 Likes

thats what is was based off of

1 Like

Da C L A W

I feel that this moc needs to be bulked up.