ICARAX The Definitive Edition

Yes please.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s clever

2 Likes

This is one karzanhi of a moc, and it keeps getting better with all these updates. Would you ever try your hand at any of the other makuta?

2 Likes

The tail looks pretty cool on him. Also nice to see that a 3d print might be coming.

1 Like

The full instructions are on your Instagram right

2 Likes

** 04/05/23 6 new photos added to show range of articulation, Top 17 photos are of new version! Gathered friends! I give to you my new and improved articulation Icarax! So I never mentioned before but he never could bend his knees beyond a 45 degree angle, nor sit on his throne without removing parts on his back of the legs, nor could he bend his ankle forward period or backwards very far. Well now he can! He can get a full knee bend and move his ankle in every direction with the much more complicated system I put in place using technic bars and separate sections that move independently when articulating instead of the entire foot being one piece so to speak. A new tread like system to the back of the legs which improves knee bend, which also gives the leg better proportions as an added bonus. I also did a scene where Icarax and Vamprah and Gorast do battle. I hope you like the update! **

3 Likes

I love how you still used the weapon pieces from the og set

2 Likes

Holy crap, that Xia shot goes hard. Same with the Karda Nui one. Love seeing these updates.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Iā€™m very glad to hear it! I really wanted to update with some in story epic shots of him from time to time, trying to give some reference to the appearance of scenes and locations that are otherwise not really shown all that often in the past for the community. So far Iā€™ve done some for Icarax, Vamprah, Kopaka and several original Toa characters but I do plan to do some more well known characters in the future with other iconic scenes from the books that were never done visually!

1 Like

These look phenomenal as always. Itā€™s good to see youā€™re still working on him, I was afraid you may have sold him.

3 Likes

Thank you my friend! I actually did sell him, but I bought him back haha. Definitely still working on him though, thereā€™s always room for improvement!

3 Likes

Hey. Did those parts for the mace(spike ball and chain)ever come

3 Likes

Update happy July 4th 2023! Top 16 photos are the final design! New mace! To celebrate I have a new update on Icarax! Icarax The Final Design Update: So! this is the final update and finalization of his design, before was just the stepping stones to get to this essentially. I added basically everything I ever wanted to add to him and changed things around for better appearance and function. He is now 11.8 inches tall after the update, I also filled in the gaps in the armpit armor section and added red to the back of the legs finally. The waist articulation is much much better than last post and is much sturdier, the ball joint at the back allows now the back part to move with the waist, he also has better forward and back crunch and side to side bend, better hip function as well. Aesthetic changes: new spikes for the arms and thighs, and ankles, added an articulated spike system at the shoulders to move with the arms when posing as well as making the shoulder look more cohesive and look more like part of the shoulder armor. The neck guard was changed for better appearance and color of neck piston changed to red instead of black, as well as a bar that goes through the neck piston now for a more ā€œTerminator Endoskeletonā€ look lol. Lastly a few spikes on the back and waist were added as well and new waist/hip design to allow for the rubberized joint extension to work for the tighter waist articulation. I hope you like this final design update! Itā€™s not the last post of Icarax just the last body design update, there will be more weapons and other versions in the future but this one is finished finally after 5 years of tinkering, I wanted it finished ASAP for the official instructions Iā€™m making, so far itā€™s a quarter completed and very detailed and thorough, so look forward to that and happy 4th of July!

5 Likes

When should instructions be out

2 Likes