Makuta Marzek

Ok, so here’s what I’ve got at the Moment:

Marzek was once an eminent Makuta scientist, working on Destral to push the boundaries of what could be created from shadow energy. he succeeded in creating semi-sentient drones of pure shadow for use as the brotherhoods workers and soldiers.
However, in pursuit of his research, he took his experiments too far, and began converting and experimenting on toa of shadow, attempting to create what he saw as the ultimate life forms.
Marzek was eventually tracked down by a team of toa who’s allies he had kidnapped for the project. This toa team, contracted by the order, did the unthinkable for toa, and Killed Marzek. Having told no one of his research, his shadow drone project was lost to time, and the Makuta were left using solely Rahkshi for their forces.

If this is acceptable to you I’ll add it to the opening post, if not, let me know what the issues are and I’ll post a refined version. :slight_smile:

All in all it works, but some minor things should perhaps be changed:

I feel like it would be a rather big non-canon thing to add a big whole new group of servants to the Brotherhood. Perhaps change it to

?

And then there is that Shadow Toa thing … That’s difficult because he doesn’t wear an Avsa and I doubt that he had Shadow Leeches because they were probably invented after his death and I also doubt that Mutran, Chirox and Tridax would freely share the knowledge of how to create them.
However - what if Marzek was the first Makuta to try leeching all inner light out of another being? He could have captured various inhabitants of the Matoran Universe and experimented with them, at last creating something like an early version of a shadow leech?

Ok, how about this?

Marzek was once an eminent Makuta scientist, working on Destral trying to convert creatures of the Matoran universe into beings of shadow. While Makuta Tridax believed this could be accomplished using shadow leeches to drain a beings light, Marzek instead tried to create creatures of pure shadow.
However, in pursuit of his research, he took his experiments too far, and expanded his research to include experimenting on Toa and Matoran, attempting to create what he saw as the ultimate life forms.
Marzek was eventually tracked down by a team of Toa who’s allies he had kidnapped for the project. This team, contracted by the order, did the unthinkable for Toa, and Killed Marzek. Having told no one of his research, his project was lost to time, and Makuta Tridax would go on to perfect the shadow leeches as the brotherhood’s method of Shadow Toa creation.

Change this one sentence:

to

And it works. I don’t think Tridax or anyone would have thought of an actual thing like a Shadow Leech right from the beginning. It is more believable if Shadow Leeches came from trial and error over the course of some years. The process of leeching the inner light from a being is a point he, Mutran and Chirox could have focused on, though.

Change this one thing, add the backstory above and I’ll accept Marzek for the project.

OK, edited and added to opening post.

Thank you for participating, then!

If you’d like to do another MOC for the project, you know where to tell me.

From what set you took his cape?

I believe it was the ccbs darth vader

Ok, thanks :wink: