Makuta (MNOG1 style)

Hey! Allow me to present Makuta

Imgur

As you probably can tell, this is inspired by Makuta as he appeared in the first Mata-Nui online game. It has a very simple build, but I think it manages to look pretty cool.

Imgur

Imgur

So what do you think? any feedback is appreciated feedback! ^^

more pictures here!

75 Likes

well it looks like makuta on top of a mutated spider with those legs, but still looks really nice

5 Likes

Huh. I thought I had commented on this, but apparently I haven’t.

Anyways, from what I’ve seen it looks accurate.

5 Likes

Looks awesome

2 Likes

Represents it perfectly.

2 Likes

I’m surprised how good this looks, considering how simple it is (is it simple? kinda looks like it)

3 Likes

This looks familiar…

I know I’ve seen something like this around here before…

Ah! I know why!

6 Likes

Came here expecting generic Makuta tahunga, very impressed.

3 Likes

Hey that does look pretty cool, I expected generic Makuta mocs, so this was a nice surprise!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it! ^^

@Arsenic yes, it is very simple

@Matanui606 That one is really cool :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not mine (in case that wasn’t clear), but I like it.

3 Likes

Saw this on Flickr, good stuff.

Good luck taking it apart, for as we all know, you can not destroy nothing.

7 Likes

I really like this. Too bad we won’t be getting a Makuta G2.
http://i.imgur.com/OADnWOu.gif
/s

I would have liked it even better the G2 Makuta was originally going to be like this. I always thought Makuta worked best as a shadowy, rustic citizen. Really symbolic.

10/10

9 Likes

Very creepy! I love all of the different appendages, especially the Toa/Turaga tools. It almost looks like this version of Makuta represents the dark sides of each of the Toa. Nice symbolism. :wink:

My only real complaint is that it feels a bit messy. There are just so many different limbs, it becomes difficult to differentiate the various parts of the MOC (although that may also be because of the background, as we’ve talked about before). I feel like this is the kind of MOC that would really benefit from being viewed in-person.

3 Likes

@RaptorTalon I’m more concerned about cracking the ball sockets :wink:

@moa Thank you! I too think this is by far the coolest version of Makuta ^^

@legomaster1378 Thanks a lot for the feedback! First of all it’s a bit messy, but that was mostly intentional. This was the last MOC I photographed with that background, so you won’t be seeing that anymore ;).
You are absolutely right, this MOC would benefit a lot more from being wieved in person. I originally decided to not post this moc, because he can’t really be represented by a photo.

It almost looks like this version of Makuta represents the dark sides of each of the Toa. Nice symbolism.

I actually had something like that in mind, glad someone noticed ^^
to bad Lewas axe doesn’t exist in black :confused:

2 Likes

I know right? It’s a cool piece (though with somewhat limited uses).

2 Likes

Pretty cool, but like Legomaster said, it is a bit messy, though I guess it’s kind of hard to represent this version of Makuta without being messy =P 8.5/10

1 Like