Makuta Quatza V2.5 - Brotherhood of Makuta community project

Name:Quatza
Assigned region: …?

I think I’ve done it. I hope I’ve done IT! I’ve reworked this darn moc for the third time. @Gilahu if this isn’t good enough then please take me off the list. I know I’m not a very good MOCcist but I’ve really tried my hardest on this one and I think this draught turned out okay.

I redid the legs and lower torso and added some chest armour, as suggested. Posing from the waist down is okay, but the arms are atrocious.

Back shot for reference:

And some shots of him studying some random Rahi… Reapa. (HF reference)

Web shooter-mean… Net shooter!

Nice axe my Dude!

Mask of stealth…

Now for the literal copy-paste backatory from the original topic for those who just found this and haven’t seen the V1!

Never a particularly noticeable Makuta, he liked to keep quiet, sticking to his orders to a T. (His mask of stealth probably has something to do with his ability to go unnoticed)
His role. In the brotherhood was to study Rahi to Rahi and Rahi to Matoran interactions. This was very helpful to the Makuta that made Rahi as he could report if there was a particular shortage of (for example) prey. He maintained the ecosystem, or at least played a fundamental role in it.

His mask, the kanohi Volitak, was a great help when studying Rahi, as it would allow him to get incredibly close to even the most astute Rahi without disturbing their behaviour.
He used a pulse rifle to subdue any particularly aggressive Rahi, and was equipped with twin blades for slicing through thick vegetation, or even soft terrain.

His most unfortunate death was neither dramatic nor noticeable, much like Quatza himself. He was killed by a rouge Rahi, a mutated specimen that had been subject to elemental experimentation. The Rahi was similar to a velociraptor, with feathers. [/Spoiler] On the last topic someone said that Velociraptors had feathers?! :confused: [Spoiler] He was trying to study it and was caught off-guard while writing in his notebook.

C & C appreciated and @Gilahu, good luck with the rest of the project. I’m so sorry I’ve taken so much time to finish mine, I’ve been short on parts (as I always am throughout November due to the timing of my Birthday and X-mas) and it’s my first Bionicle G1 moc. This was probably one of the most challenging mocs to put together, I hope you all think it’s acceptable! :smiley:

19 Likes

Now this looks much better. Especially the torso finally looks like something you can take seriously - shows again how much a bit of added armor can do. Shoulders are still a little awkward and of course the arms and legs are rather simple. But now I can see him as a character for the first time, rather than some barebones tablescrap.

Could you maybe turn and reupload the first pictures, though? I personally also had that problem of turned pictures since I got my new computer and I was able to fix this by opening and saving the pictures in the proper orientation with Paint first.

Otherwise I guess I can accept this MOC now.

Dude, there are people on the list who have been there for two years and I haven’t even seen a WIP. Compared to that you worked really fast :wink:
Also redoing a MOC can do wonders sometimes - just look at my Krika MOC or the difference with my original MOC of Kindrix and the revamp. There’s always room to improve - and the results can be really satisfying.

Well, thanks for participating!

1 Like

He has sort of a black ■■■■■ and silver pants thing going on, I’m not sure how I feel about it.
A definite improvement nonetheless.

1 Like