Makuta Teridax Discussion

Teridax’ problem is less aliens (which could very well be incredibly weak), and more the fact that it would literally be impossible for him to take over anything more than his local galaxy.

1 Like

I think Doctor Who have the perfect quote to describe the main problem with Teridax goal to take over the universe:

You don’t want to take over the universe. You wouldn’t know what to do with it beyond shout at it.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest. When you’re a giant robot, that is really all you need :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wouldn’t he still have control over some of his Makuta Powers also? I mean, he was able to use some of them whilst in the body of Maxilos, so I guess that except for stuff like shapeshifting, intangibility and other stuff that directly influences his body he would still have been able to use the more offensive powers in his Makuta repertoire.

1 Like

And all of the Makuta powers except shape shifting, which were now about a million times more powerful because of the power of the robot body.

Because being in a more powerful body makes your natural powers stronger in the BIONICLE world.

2 Likes

That’s always been the thing with a character that wants to ‘take over the world’ or the universe, or virtually anything along those lines. Unless you have the ability to be everywhere in the world or everywhere in the universe you wont benefit from being the one owning it. Other than the title its rather meaningless - i mean, if he became a god like G2’s version seemed to be doing then potentially it could work (Unsure if we’re classing that as different version of Teridax or not)

the thing i found the most laughable about Teridax is that his master planning does come of as a bit over the top.

i mean this line from Teridax does come of as a bit silly:

“Little Toa, you have not yet begun to see even the barest outlines of my plans. I have schemes within schemes that would boggle your feeble mind. You may counter one, but there are a thousand more of which you know nothing. Even my… setbacks… are planned for, and so I shall win in the end.”

there just something about it that come of like one could joke about it, like how some people make fun of Batman’s need to plan for every possible event, be it if he is transported to an alternate reality with flying spaghetti monsters, or if he have to take on Cthulhu himself.

the best part is this from TV Tropes:

One of the Piraka once saw Makuta’s plan written out in its entirety. It took up the walls of an entire room, and the Piraka went partially insane after reading it.

is just sounds silly to me.

1 Like

That’s not true.

However it is strange that Zaktan never mentioned anything to anyone come to think of it. Sure, he wasn’t the Shadowed One’s best buddy (or anyone’s), but wouldn’t reporting the Brotherhood’s Plan to someone have earned him at least some reward? Ah, well, but then it was some pretty dangerous knowledge.
It was also pretty silly to begin with that the Brotherhood wrote down their whole scheme on a wall. Pretty much anyone might have seen it there. What if Mata Nui had decided to take a look at what was going on within his body before returning home?

1 Like

It was in code. I guess the code-unlock button was obvious, but still…

I think that Teri either forgot about his secret journal, or this fortress was taken by the Dark Hunters before he could erase it.

And then Zaktan destroyed it, so that was the end of that…

~W12~

1 Like

But Pridak then was able to piece it back together some time later, if I remember correctly.

Worst “secret journal” ever.

1 Like

i seriously would imagine Teridax writing the entire plan in a journal like this:

2 Likes

Well, all Makuta possess the power of laser vision… and I can’t really see a Makuta carving something into stone when there is an easier way… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think the entire Plan basically hinged on Mata Nui being a total donkey to everyone, and his lack of caring whether they lived or died. Mata Nui was a very libertarian ruler, though this was due to a simple lack of caring than any philosophical thought. Contrast that with Teridax, who sought to control it all, in a very fascist fashion.

One of the things that we forget about Mata Nui was how terrible a Great Spirit he actually was. I mean, Teridax had some valid points when he decided to overthrow the guy. If he had gone about it differently, I think there’s a chance that no one would have cared.

1 Like

Actually I asked Greg that question a while back - see here.

1 Like