Makuta's Army: Discussing Additional Villians and Minions

@RAKRONDEWL well with multiple sets and the possibility of battle packs I mean it all adds up to some thing and I don’t need a ton here’s an example: for 1 years worth of sets 15 skull spiders, 10 skull warriors,and 1 skull basher big fig maybe even less would be plenty . its just I love stories with mass conflict between armies just the cast won’t allow it so at least the sets can have it like maybe a siege on Ta-Koro city or something I also want a different looking army. so I heard one of you wants vaki and someone else mentioned borhok so should we make a decision on what we want to appear as an army or just let it go with the flow and whatever is chosen is chosen? also coudn’t the skull horde be dead matoran and war beasts(skull skorpios and trolls A.K.A skull basher )under an ancient warlord named Kulta from the kahnoi era who were cursed and can be summoned by the mask of shadows and Turahak gets a hold on said mask and summons and undead army(this army includes Kulta and some of my own skull generals. I will send posts)

So far, Skull Warriors were the worst villians in both Generations. You want to know why? They had no backstory, no motivation, and practicaly no personality.
They were just zombies the Heroes had to kill to get the Mcguffin.

The only way I would ever see them added to G3 was somewhere way past the 3 year plan, maybe as a faction of fallen warriors that were raised by something and want to take over the island because of it’s growing corruption. Maybe they’d see it as destroyed culturaly and would attempt to restore back the glory days they lived in by conquering the island and transmforming the society into a better place.

As to who raised them, no idea. Makuta would be defeated, Karzahni probably used for another plot point and we have no mask that is capable of raising the dead yet.

Still, I don’t see it happening, there are many way better villains G3 could adapt.

2 Likes

Judging from his other topic, I would assume the Barraki…

Come on, what about the corrupted matoran? You know, having more than six matoran being slowly corrupted. Well, thinking about it is is just an army of Rakshi.

We also have some rahi enemies. Maybe an army of Rahi that are controlled by something.

Barraki, whi are also matoran but in the sea?

We had a liked post, by the cast, on the Bohrok hives.

Maybe you can make your own lovecraftian Gods and give them armies.

Simplified Title - Cocoa

3 Likes

will say borhok because they have the best chance so far

See, while I know next-to-nothing about G3 (and might as well catch up; episode 13’s on my to-do list), the concept of Bionicle as a Big Bang theme means there absolutely needs to be an army. Look at Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Chima, or Exo-Force: whether the villain’s forces were bland and/or basic (though Chima is somehow the best-done out of all of them, scented flowers aside), there was still an opposing force.
Sure, Bionicle of the past didn’t always use full armies for some waves; but the difference here is that this is a System theme. Action figures can be bought with the sole expectation of pitting individual fighters against one another and calling it a day; the possible enormity of a system playset means it needs multiple characters, if kids want to build their armies and/or put the heroes into a corner.
As far as proposing a solution to the army debate, I’v basically got nuthin’. That said; maybe cultists year one a la the Sons of Garmadon, Chima-Raquel tribes for year two, and then some ancient army of Ekimu’s that gets twisted by external forces a la the Stone Army. I can see why Makuta wouldn’t raise an army, being against sentient creatures and whatnot, but it’s possible that using an external force (Karzahni but unnamed for the first 3 years?) to manipulate the environment into becoming opponents of the Toa… somehow (maybe the cultists’ minds or some crap).

TL;DR: armies are necessary when creating a Big Bang theme and we can’t try to evade that issue with character reasons.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! some one’s on my side for once so ya borhok have the best chance because the staff liked it (my post )

What if Makuta’s “army” is resurrected Toa from the past?

but that’s basiclly the skull horde

Not really, concept wise maybe. Yo have all the skellys and skulls. However, storywise you can go with people who once fought in the mask wars, maybe people who saw the fight of the brothers. They can have better personalities as well as more defined goals and characteristics other than we must stop the Toa, because plot.

How do the physics of the Elemental Lords and the Toa work exactly? Even if these dead Toa were revived, doesn’t the elemental spirit migrate to a new body when a new Matoran is born, meaning these would just be zombies in Toa armor?

Would they have elemental powers at all or an ability to leech them, whether off of other Matoran or the Toa themselves? Kind of like how the skull villains in G2 could snatch up the Golden masks and drain their powers?

Revived Toa are not actual Toa. Maybe they have the height but not necessarily the powers. Powers are granted by the Elemental Gods. Only one Toa can exist. Hence, revived Toa are not actually Toa. Think of it like Thor’s power, there is only one Thor.

Maybe we can the do the leeching but more than likely it might be related to golden masks or something similar.

1 Like

What I mean is that the resurrected Toa would have a similar appearance, personality, and the memories of their past selves (I could never see every Lewa being the same), but the powers would be hollow (Get it? Because their skeletons or something? Sorry) replicas of the Toa’s given to them by Makuta or the Rahkshi. They would not technically be Toa, and the key part is that there can not be more than one of a Toa “living”…

1 Like

Even dead Toa are not Toa. I think the limit was pretty strict to just one Toa. If a dead Toa is resurrected it will not have the powers of a Toa, nor anything related to them. Maybe the personalities will remain the same, but that depends on the mechanics of the resurrection, not on the Toa mechanic.

1 Like

exactly you guys are on to somthing here

1 Like

I think saying that is taking “one Toa alive per element” a little too far. Makuta could simply bring back dead Toa and become the source of their power.

What if Makuta’s new body turned out to be unstable and he did a body hop, repeating the process the Element Lords used to create the first Toa in order to anchor his spirit? Thus he creates Teridax, the Toa of Shadow. Perhaps this Toa of Shadow could be an important secondary antagonist like Ahkmou…but this begs the question of what he’d have to do with Makuta.

I also toyed around with this idea that maybe Ekimu could repeat a similar process and create this generation’s Takanuva like in G2 and bring his bird Agil into the fold? I like the idea of Takua being his avatar, but thus far, apart from being one of the Mangaian Turaga, he’s been a non-factor

1 Like

I am fine with the Toa of shadow. It seems like a cool idea to think about. However I have to ask why do they have different name? Did Makuta create an entirely different persona?

In regards to the undead Toa. Here is the thing, the Elemental Gods are the source of the Toa’s elemental power. The elemental Gods give this to only one person. So if Makuta becomes the source of power for undead Toa, then they are no loger Toa of their respective element. In fact, by definition, because they are not give power by an elemental god, they are no longer, tecnically, Toa. They can be as powerful as Toa, but they are not Toa, because they are not powered by an elemental God.

An image i tried to commission from Oomatu was about the other gods of G3 (the commission however was turned down because Oomatu was unable to recreate the artstyle that was used in making the Toa’s “cartoon appearance”), The gods in that image was the following:
*Mata Nui
*Helryx
*Axonn
*Brutaka
*Makuta (G2 Mask Maker appearance)
*Ekimu (also in his G2 Mask Maker appearance)
*Two Umaraks (one based on his hunter form wearing a hooded cloak and the other in his destroyer form)
*Kulta the Skull Grinder (in his snake form from the art book)
*Teridax (in his “Ultimate Dume” form)
*Miserix.
*Keetongu.

• And lastly the Shadowed One.

The reason i am bringing this up in regards to your comment about the Skull army, is because in my idea for other G3 Gods, Kulta would serve as the god of the death:

So imagine that version of Kulta raising an army of the dead:

1 Like