Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

HAHA i’m finally the first person to start a discussion about a new movie/s

So, I woke up this morning to fins this trailer in my Youtube’s recommended feed:

Needless to say, I am surprised to hear anything from this franchise, but also a bit excited as well.
Thoughts on the trailer/movie?

2 Likes

The First Maleficent was a pretty good remake of Sleeping Beauty that wasn’t really a remake, but it focused on the "villain’ and it’s backstory. I liked the first Maleficent, but this trailer… eh… I have mixed feelings on it. The trailer is fine, but the fact that a movie that was originally supposed to be remake-sequel is getting a sequel is kinda weird. I don’t know who really asked for this one… It feels really unnecessary in my opinion. Though I guess it will be a fine movie, I can already tell that it’s going to be a box office flop…

The first movie wasn’t very good, and while I aplreciated the attempt, Maleficent is one of the few villains who really shouldn’t have been portrayed as the good guy. Her name is a literal play on the word Malfeasance, which means evil intent, and in the original movie, she is onr of the most delightfully evil villains in the Disney universe. She litterally called upon the powers of hell before transforming into a dragon. The “remake”, dulls her down into a “sympathetic” villain while simultainiously villainising the king. Really, the first movie wasn’t any good, and the sequel isn’t looking to be any good either.

4 Likes

I believe the movie was taking place in a alternate universe or something, therefore being so different from the original character.

That was obvious. I was simply explaining how it was a mockery of the original character.

1 Like

It’s liking having a Bionicle movie where Tahu and Makuta have to save Miserix from the evil Mata Nui and Tirabomba

1 Like

Okay, but where’s Crow Guy?