Marvel Cinematic Universe

That’s not what you said

2 Likes

I said that multiple times. Did you not read anything I wrote earlier? I specifically said,

1 Like

Oh, the irony.

4 Likes

A single mistake is different than ten years of hundreds of pedophilic tweets. Your overinflating a single mistake to the point of it being equitable to ten years of vulgar activity, really grapsing at straws there.

1 Like

Can we just shut up about this? As stated it’s not like he hasn’t shown any regret about it. If you really care that much just don’t see the movie.

Meanwhile we got this news

While I enjoyed the movie and it wasn’t the train wreck I expected this is a terrible idea. Ignoring everything else this character was just shoehorned in after her first movie (which is struggling to break even.). At least the others got 2 movies before crossing over and now some nobody is taking over for no reason.

4 Likes

While I like to think that I am open to new things, I definitely don’t agree with this decision… yet.

I mean, sure, they gave Cap two movies and he was already the leader of the Avengers, but something just feels different about this one. Something about making her the leader of a team we’ve had years to familiar ourselves with feels kind of forced. I mean, it took Spider-Man three years to even be called “an Avenger,” and Ant Man has had even longer with no such title being given to him (at least not to me).

That, and, while it could happen, I think Thor would live long enough to be a very clear candidate.

I guess we’ll just see how Endgame goes.

4 Likes

Exactly. And if it’s for diversity reasons I know 2 black guys that people would like to see instead of some chick that was just introduced in a bad movie.

2 Likes

I agree, Cap M just feels too… new. My ideal candidates for new leader would be:
Black Widow- been with the team from the beginning, lots of experience
Thor- See Black Widow; that said he doesn’t strike me as a strategic genius.
War Machine- Tony’s best friend, already a member, military background
Falcon- One of Cap’s best friends, already a member, military background
Vision? (If he comes back)- genius robot, worthy of Mjolnir
Black Panther- admittably very new as well, also may have conflicting loyalties, but the guy’s a wise king, he knows how to lead.
Everyone else is either too young, too new, inexperienced, or wouldn’t be trusted very well

4 Likes

Um… no.

The film had a budget of $152 to $175 million and has so far made $760 million at the box office. That’s just last week’s numbers and not taking into account this weekend’s numbers. I’d say it’s safe to say it’s made it’s money back.

6 Likes

Did you guys know that the Avengers theme works with almost any movie action scene?

1 Like

Well I guess I was wrong. Last time I checked that was the case.

This is a big reason why I’m wary of making her the team’s new leader. While it’s true that she’ll have appeared in the same amount of movies as Captain America, I don’t think it’s organic to have Captain Marvel swoop in after years of being a lone agent to suddenly assume a leadership position. Captain America at the very least had leadership experience, but Captain Marvel’s character is seemingly built upon her independence (forgive me if this is incorrect, as I actually haven’t seen Captain Marvel yet). It doesn’t seem like she’d take to leadership right away–she needs more time to grow and develop in order to become a major character.

I’m in agreement with @Sabretooth’s choices, but I would personally opt for Thor (if he survives Endgame) over Black Widow. He beats Black Widow for me because he, like Captain America, has also been placed in direct leadership roles as the Prince/King of Asgard, whereas Black Widow has always been more of a lone operative without subordinates on her missions. Thor also has access to the Bifrost, meaning he can assume an authoritative presence and respond to threats in various locations across the galaxy, which is good for a leader. Additionally, he has endured a number of testing experiences that make him a prudent warrior (although Black Widow has as well). Another thing is that Widow strikes me as similar to Captain Marvel, in that she prefers to operate independently, and her personality makes me think that she’d be likely to pass on leadership to someone she was willing to follow.

It’s not that I dislike Captain Marvel (I haven’t seen her in action yet, so I can’t make a real judgment), so my objection to her being leader is solely based upon how quickly she seems to have been forced into the mix, assuming a priority position above characters whom I think are more deserving of a leadership role because of their developed presence in the MCU.

5 Likes

Yep. Every other avenger at least has some experience in leadership (oh; and don’t forget an interesting character.) while captain marvel is a woman; that’s it.

1 Like

That article is such clickbait it isn’t even funny. Stop falling for clickbait, please. They don’t link their sources and they’re just spreading rumors.

Not that I don’t mind Captain Marvel as the leader (I’d be OK with it). Just don’t fall for clickbait like this.

4 Likes

still it’s not the only article. This rumor gas been around since before the movie came out and it seems Kevin feig is a big fan of the idea so while I hope it’s not true it’s possibly a good chance that’s what they’re building to or worst case just shove in after endgame.

1 Like

Endgame has been done with filming for months, and editing is probably already done considering it comes out in a month. I doubt they’d implement the idea now.

And again, it’s rumors. They’re not credible, they’re just speculation designed to cause hysteria or falsehoods. Don’t give them credit, ignore them. We’re better off discussing official announcements; it’s a better use of time instead of arguing over a supposed rumor.

8 Likes

Was hoping Taika would do guardians three, but Gunn is a good director too

Thank god that was false

Anyway, I’ve been watching the movies leading up to endgame which I shall watch this Sunday

2 Likes

My biggest problem with the Dark World was that the Dark Elves weren’t interesting antagonists, and Malekith is as lame as can be.
If we were given a chance to sympathize with them, that would make their character more deep and interesting.
In Captain Marvel, we could sympathize with the Kree because the main protagonist, “Vers,” serves them. This must mean they are good, right? We do not sympathize with the Skrulls because we do not see their side of the conflict, so they are pretty boring. That completely changes in the end, and the viewer recognizes that their expectations have been subverted, creating an engaging plotline.
I call it the Trap of Sympathy. If the audience is tricked into believing what one side of the conflict does is right, then when the audience is betrayed, the viewer is more connected to everything around them.
This is the reason why the First Order, and arguably the Empire, seem incompetent. We have no reason to identify with the big bad, unless we are led into doing so.

Now that my essay is over lol, both movies absolutely have their flaws, but this is just my opinion. Well, opinion based on theory. Feel free to disagree. After all, this is the unpopular movie opinions topic.

They had potential, they were just underused.

You are kidding, right? We enter in the movie withno knwledge about the MCU Krees and we leave with even less knowledge. They didn’t even cared enough to characterise Carol’s crew, let alone the Kree societhy.

Except that the twist has so many plotwholes to tge point that makes us believe that the writers were taking notes from Ryan Johnson.

I think you will really like my next project.

1 Like