Marvel Cinematic Universe

In Britain there was an old TV show called “the avengers” that had nothing to do with Marvel. adding Marvel’s name their avengers movies’ title most likely prevents confusion.

Yeah but you don’t see Lucasfilms Star Wars.

Yeah but the movie was called Avengers Assemble in the UK

It’s here!

6 Likes

That was trippy, and dare I say

Strange.

I’ll leave now. . .

6 Likes

So Agent Carter got canceled the other day. rest in peace 2015-2016.

3 Likes

*RIP in peace.

1 Like

Perhaps to accomadate to her death in Civil War?

Too soon?

3 Likes

Gahhhh!!! I wished I had not clicked on this topic. I haven’t seen Civil War yet.

I have to blame myself though, because I clicked on it even though it was spoiler hidden :stuck_out_tongue:

Look’s like another Human Torch Actor has joins MCU as a Baddie in The Black Panther Movie.

3 Likes

Do they know which villain he is playing yet?

Also, food for thought: If Michael B. Jordan can be in the MCU, does that mean he broke his contract with Fox to be in here? If that’s true, then will the production of Fantastic Four films seize for another 10 years?

2 Likes

Unless Marvel gets the rights back…

thank goodness.

^^^^
Unless this.

1 Like

Maybe, unless they decide to start over yet again and hire a completely new team of actors–third time’s the charm? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

ugh.

Just give the rights back to Marvel already. You know they can do gud.

3 Likes

Well MARVEL well get the rights of Fantastic 4 (and maybe X-Men) when Fox’s license expensed in 4 years.

1 Like

I agree. Marvel Studios is probably the only studio that could potentially make a good FF movie. Fox has failed twice (thrice if you count Silver Surfer) to do so, and I doubt Sony would do much better. The MCU could find a spot for them…

2 Likes

Here’s what we know. Marvel and Fox suddenly renegotiated their licensing contract to greenlight two X-Men tv shows, Leigon and Hellfire. These shows aren’t just licenses, Hellfire is actually being produced in conjunction with Marvel TV. In the meantime, Fantastic Four 2 has been delayed, but also, Inhumans has been pushed out of it’s July 19, 2019 slot for some unknown reason, even though Agents of SHIELD has been building it up forever. There is still something slotted for that position, but we don’t know what it is, or what the other Phase 4 movies going into 2020 will be either. And finally, Michael B. Jordan joins Black Panther in what should be a violation of his Fox contract and also void him from being in any future Fantastic Four movies…almost like Fox has told him that they probably won’t be doing any more with him.

What this is all looking like is that Fox wants to see how the TV show goes (and possibly Spider-Man: Homecoming) before committing to partnering with Marvel the same way Sony has for a MCU Fantastic Four,

And lord knows they need it, seeing as how X-Men: Apocalypse seems to be a travesty.

6 Likes

A lot of this seems like elaborate planning to me, so it all makes sense.

When I heard the Inhumans thing was going away I got suspicious, but knowing all this stuff, it’s likely Marvel wants to put in Fantastic Four somehow.

Bummer, too. Days of Future Past was pretty great.

1 Like

Honestly, all I want is the Watcher to narrate Avengers: Infinity War and the Silver Surfer be the main character. I have tons of late '80s and early '90s Silver Surfer comics, and would love to see him be a big force in the MCU. But the X-men being around as well would also be cool.