Marvel Cinematic Universe

I guess I’m in the minority, but I thought DoFP was awful. I’m still hoping Apocalypse will be good, though.

Back on topic, I hope that someday MARVEL gets all their rights back. It would be really cool to see Iron Man punching Thanos in the face while Cyclops and Mr. Fantastic distract him.

3 Likes

I’m in that minority too. I hate it when movies try to erase their past sequels and pretend they never existed.

I liked most of DoFP, but this got to me too. It seemed like a useless twist, even though it made sense in the context of the plot, because now all of the movies that happened between are irrelevant.

1 Like

I was also bent out of shape on the ‘erasing canon’ subject because it hadn’t been very long since Disney erased the Star Wars Expanded Universe either. I was a very angry person in early 2014. :joy:

I will say that I think the first act of DoFP is golden.

IDK, but I don’t think discussion of DoFP and the other X-Men movies belongs here, since it isn’t a part of the MCU. Mods? (flagging my personal post instead of tagging individual mods #flagitdonttagit)

1 Like

Yeah we should get off that discussion.

4 Likes

Agreed.

So with RDJ being in Spider-Man Homecoming, what are the chances of having Cap in Black Panther?

2 Likes

I’d say they’re average, but don’t get too hopeful. I don’t know how many more movies Chris Evans is contracted for, but I think Infinity War will suck most of those slots up. I do think the fact that Bucky is in Wakanda sets up a presumable plot for the Black Panther movie, though. With that in mind, at least a reference to Cap is likely, though he could very well make an appearance.

2 Likes

Chris Evans has been flaky on if he’ll still be the character after Infinity War…but honestly, I think that sometimes the actors will start spreading rumors like that to up the prices on their contracts. Marvel movies are guaranteed, high paying work, almost every year, and they are highly reviewed blockbuster movies at that. You have to remember that money is not always guaranteed with normal acting, even if you used to be good and have just fallen off the map (George Clooney, Michael Keaton, etc.)

That’s why Paul Bettany was so excited to be the Vision - he actually had just got off a call with his agent that told him his career was over, and then got a call from Joss Whedon to be an actor in a high paying, multi-contracted role.

But the actors know that they also have Marvel on the ropes too, because they’re so ingrained with the character that Marvel just can’t recast Captain American or Iron Man like that. So they spread these rumors and then play the game to get a better contract.

That is definitely why RDJ has not resigned his contract. He knows that if they really want Iron Man, they’ll pay for Iron Man. And having rumors going around only helps to up that paycheck.

(For the record, while I don’t know if Cap will be a sidekick in Black Panther, I do think that the Black Panther will give Cap a Nomad shield made out of Vibranium. Thanos will then come, wreck the Avengers and break Cap’s shield in half…and then Iron Man will give Cap his old shield back right before the final battle.)

9 Likes

I think that Thanos is going to have to rip the mind stone out of Vision’s head for Infinity War, because we all know he’s going to get them all at the end of Part 1.

2 Likes

Ahh, but you don’t know…
It isn’t on the gauntlet in promotional images, from what I can tell.

Well they don’t want to spoil it.

But we all know Thanos is going to end up with all six Infinity Stones at the end of Part 1. Like how Voldemort ended up with the Elder Wand at the end of Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows.

3 Likes

I love how the Russo brothers have been treating Cap and the other Avengers. They’ve made the characters seem like people, and they’ve truly made Cap that symbol of hope that he should be (unlike what Snyders done to Superman). That in mind, I sure as heck hope that certain aspects from the most recent Captain America comic NEVER show up in the in the MCU, EVER. For those who don’t know, they brought Steve Rogers back, and he’s young again. However, they pulled a stupid freaking M. Night Shyamalan and literally made Steve an agent of Hydra. That goes against everything the character stands for, and it’s a character I love and cherish with my entire being! Not only that, but apparently the comic wants us to believe he was part of Hydra FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. The madman behind all of this goes on to confirm that this isn’t a clone of Steve Rogers, it’s not a double of a fake, it is THE Steve Rogers. This was an incredibly awful decision, and if the MCU ever adopts it, I’m done.

9 Likes

I doubt they’ll do that in the MCU. As you said, that’s an M Night level stupid twist, and I’m not sure the movie going audiences would tolerate it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it was a time travel stunt - the Hydra agent in the past talks about how Steve will be great someday, even though she has no reason to think that at all. Also, I’m pretty sure Cap being a Hydra agent would have shown up in Original Sin. It’s either Time Travel shenanigans or it’s Red Skull messing with Cap’s mind since he was Red Onslaught.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has such a great mind behind it (Feige) that has really made the entirety of the storylines much more thorough and meaningful (see: Civil War). I really doubt that they will do any of the more “comic-book” stuff that would really take the audience out of the story.

8 Likes

Guys… the twist in the Captain America comic is the first part of a storyline. We don’t know how its going to end. Let’s not jump to conclusions… when anyone who reads comics knows this is all going to be revealed to be untrue in a few months.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/23/brie-larson-captain-marvel

Brie Larson is Captain Marvel!

New Dr. Strange trailer!

http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/07/13719504_1040880862614782_8860409157177623055_o.jpg
http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/images/ZZ5A6C532B.jpg

New stuff for Thor: Ragnarok, including a new logo and Hulk’s armor and weapons!

Ghost Rider confirmed for Agents of SHIELD!

New Luke Cage trailer!

Iron Fist preview!

Plus a Defenders trailer.

Daredevil was also renewed for a third season!

(It’s a pretty good day to be a MCU fan.)

7 Likes

not a fan of the thor logo TBH, looks a little off

Me either. It doesn’t seem like it belongs to a Thor movie.

Has anyone else notice that all the new movie logos besides Doctor Strange and Black Panther all have the same weird style? I mean look:

I don’t have any problem with this, I’m just pointing it out.

7 Likes