Mass Effect Discussion

Same. I felt like none of the classes in the originals suited me properly; I was always wanting to take stuff from 2 or 3 different ones. I guess the bonus abilities from second playthroughs was cool and kind of helped, but this is a massive improvement,

1 Like

Myself, Iā€™m probably going to make a hard-and-fast rule of one class for one character.

I might multiclass on another character but Iā€™m looking at this like I do traditional RPGs: Cross-classing or not having a definite goal in mind is going to create a less powerful character.

1 Like

Having played the game now that it has come out I have to say this is false in this instance.

A big part of taking down enemies is mastering the art of combos. To do so you need to have compatible powers witch often means going across classes.

The enemies are also super resistant to the powers of certain classes requiring you to either waste tons of energy on them or simply use another class powers.

This is compounded by the fact that you get much less control over the abilities of your squad than previous games so you need to be able to do a lot of things for yourself.

Reviving this topic because I bought the trilogy a few weeks ago at the behest of a friend and am loving it! The codex feature is awesome, and I wish more ā€œlore-heavyā€ games had something like it (lookinā€™ at you, Destiny).

Also, the music is just fantastic.

Iā€™m still on the first game; about to get to Virmire, I think.

3 Likes

Protip: Read the Grimoire for destiny if you havenā€™t already :stuck_out_tongue:

Be warned for a huuuuge change in gameplay when you get to the second game. All the clunkiness of the first is reduced but it becomes clunky in other ways. Honestly the best one of the 3 is ME3 gameplay wise, but theyā€™re all awesome. ME2 and ME3 really shine on the second playthrough, because you basically have infinite resources and all your weapons right from the start, which leaves you open to get just that bit more invested.

2 Likes

yo so the Legendary Edition is pretty stellar so far

first game feels a lot better to play

1 Like

I actually think the opposite, I find the Legendary Edition to be one of the laziest cash grabs that ruins as much as it improves, if not more.

But at least it rekindled the much deserved love for the franchise.