Matoran Hut

Matoran Hut

As a kid, I played the GBA version of Bionicle Heroes, where you can help some Matoran of Voya Nui, in it, the Matoran have little huts you can help rebuild, here’s my attempt at building one of those huts designed for minifigs.

Original:

My Design:

With a Minifigure for scale, I decided to add in the Bionicle bits on the sides and some technic components to fit in more with the theme, the curves were quite the challenge but I think what I’ve done is quite good.

I needed a bunch of house designs for a new project I’m working on and I think I’ll use these for it. As always comments and criticism are welcome! :smiley:

56 Likes

Now this looks great! 8/10
The shape is nearly perfect, but the spaces in between tiles… I mean, I know that smooth, curved surfaces in Lego is nearly impossible, but I feel as if you could have done… something. Maybe fill it in from the inside a bit further out?

1 Like

This is perfect! The shaping is just so good. I would love to see a village made out of huts like this if you are down for that!

1 Like

I’m already working on a newer version that has smaller gaps, or at least smaller for this size of a build, the difficulty is always with colliding parts at an angle, the newer version will end up in some future projects.

:wink: It’ll be more than a village.

3 Likes

Very nice, pulls off the look extremely well

1 Like

Ooh, this looks super neat!

1 Like

I like how this uses parts from a meme set.

As in the Hewkii blades?

The Hewkii blades.

Well this build has nothing really to do with the meme tbh and the part is on some other cool sets. I just wanted a blade piece like in the image and it was a toss up between Lewa’s blades and this one.